I'm a FAN, are you? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm a FAN, are you?

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I've been looking over these posts and am seriously appauled. WHY do some people think that dis-liking a team member means that your not a dolphins fan?

When I watch a dolphins game I probably take something different out of it than other fans, and vice versa. When I see 10 yard run by Ricky I don't automatically shout and whoop. I feel happy that he made the run, but I like analyzing the play. Did he get hit in the backfield? Was it a good hand off? Did he hit his hole, or have to bounce it outside? etc. etc. etc. Likewise when I see Chambers catch make a TD catch, I like to look at where the throw was. Was it a gimme play? Did the receiver get good enough seperation? Was the pass a duck? etc. etc. etc. Where as others will rejoice in bliss thinkign that a TD pass is indicitive of an awesome season.

Now when it comes down to it all that matters for the team is the score at the end, and that everyone got out of it allright. But it doesn't end there, and it shouldn't. We ALL want us to win a superbowl, but just because we disagree about when, and with who it will happen doesn't mean that one side of the other is not a fan.

I do NOT blatently accept our roster. I like to nit-pick, and see how we can change it.

I do NOT accept a positive play as a working play, it could have been broken and been sheer luck.

I DO want a superbowl, but I don't think Fiedler will be the one at the helm when we do win it.

I do NOT respect Wanny as a coach, though he was prepared today.

I do NOT like the Miami dolphins because of their "pretty" colors

Want to know why I watch football? Read above, I nit pick, and yes, I do get enjoyment out of it, just maybe in a different way. Think we should play Jay? THink we shouldn't release Wanny? Think we shouldn't trade up for a QB in the draft? So be it, fi that's what youthink will bring our team success then tout it loud and clear. I'll just disagree, but I'm no less a fan.

In that description, I see a football fan, not a Miami Dolphins fan. You can do all that stuff with any NFL team. You seem like a wannabe ESPN annalyst. The fact is, you can analyze a play without having to question the individual achievments, which is what a lot of "dolfans" are doing tonight.

We have perfectionist fans, nothing wrong with it, perfectionists are the ones that make good companies better and so forth, and in a football perspective, Speil made a perfectionist attempt from a defensive standpoint, adding Knight and Seau...too bad he didnt sign more offensive weapons....the one main thing between these perfectionist fans and Speil is that they cant do anything about it, they can just criticize, and what they fail to realize is that they have no effect on what wanny does....but everyone is entitled to their opinion, so they can say whatever they want, me personally i usually save the criticism for losses or lucky wins myself....

Originally posted by muddaconch
In that description, I see a football fan, not a Miami Dolphins fan. You can do all that stuff with any NFL team. You seem like a wannabe ESPN annalyst. The fact is, you can analyze a play without having to question the individual achievments, which is what a lot of "dolfans" are doing tonight.

Get a friggin life man! Am I a fan of football? Hell yeah, and guess what? The dolphisn play football, and I want the dolphins (more than any other team) to win. Do I know why? Honestly nko, I've always loved watching Marinothrow the ball, and now I enjoy watching Ricky run. There are other players that I like to watch, but I choose the dolphins, for whatever reason, I don't have to explain myself to you, nor do I intend to. I want to better my team, and have an idea of how I would do it. You might want to learn that just because people don't share your idea's doesn't mean their wrong.

"Get a friggin life man!"

It's funny how, by saying this, you are implying that my opinion of being a Dolphins fan is wrong (by telling me to get a life, you do not agree with my statement, and therefore do not agree with my idea of what a Dolfan is), but in your first post you blatantly open your paragraph with "When I watch a dolphins game I probably take something different out of it than other fans, and vice versa." Then, what is even more funny is that you start your most recent paragraph off with telling me to get a life and end it with "You might want to learn that just because people don't share your idea's doesn't mean their wrong."

"I don't have to explain myself to you, nor do I intend to."

Interesting. I seem to remember reading a complete run down of how you analyze a football game.

----

Your posts do not agree with eachother, and you are "appauled" by the way other Dolfans watch the game. Take your crap somewhere else, or go root for the Jets.

Originally posted by Graythreat
I've been looking over these posts and am seriously appauled. WHY do some people think that dis-liking a team member means that your not a dolphins fan?

When I watch a dolphins game I probably take something different out of it than other fans, and vice versa. When I see 10 yard run by Ricky I don't automatically shout and whoop. I feel happy that he made the run, but I like analyzing the play. Did he get hit in the backfield? Was it a good hand off? Did he hit his hole, or have to bounce it outside? etc. etc. etc. Likewise when I see Chambers catch make a TD catch, I like to look at where the throw was. Was it a gimme play? Did the receiver get good enough seperation? Was the pass a duck? etc. etc. etc. Where as others will rejoice in bliss thinkign that a TD pass is indicitive of an awesome season.

Now when it comes down to it all that matters for the team is the score at the end, and that everyone got out of it allright. But it doesn't end there, and it shouldn't. We ALL want us to win a superbowl, but just because we disagree about when, and with who it will happen doesn't mean that one side of the other is not a fan.

I do NOT blatently accept our roster. I like to nit-pick, and see how we can change it.

I do NOT accept a positive play as a working play, it could have been broken and been sheer luck.

I DO want a superbowl, but I don't think Fiedler will be the one at the helm when we do win it.

I do NOT respect Wanny as a coach, though he was prepared today.

I do NOT like the Miami dolphins because of their "pretty" colors

Want to know why I watch football? Read above, I nit pick, and yes, I do get enjoyment out of it, just maybe in a different way. Think we should play Jay? THink we shouldn't release Wanny? Think we shouldn't trade up for a QB in the draft? So be it, fi that's what youthink will bring our team success then tout it loud and clear. I'll just disagree, but I'm no less a fan.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Boy, I think you might be retarded!

Originally posted by muddaconch
In that description, I see a football fan, not a Miami Dolphins fan. You can do all that stuff with any NFL team. You seem like a wannabe ESPN annalyst.

I agree

I don't care who anyone feels will take us ot the SuperBowl and who won't. As long as we get there, I will be happy. Why so much fighting on a day where we get great food and a Dolphins win? Everyone lighten up, I know that is hard to lighten up with all the food but lets try!

Re: Re: I'm a FAN, are you?

Originally posted by DanTheMan

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Boy, I think you might be retarded!
Welcome to the site, Dan, but this post is what is considered a rookie mistake. The house rules disallow posts that are derogatory or insulting toward another poster. Feel free to say WHY you disagree with the post.

Thanks,
P4E

What a dumb post. Who cares about what you analize!?!? I busted plays are what make designed plays work. Not every play can be perfect, never will be, if it was and it could be there would be a first down on every play. Apply for a statistics job or something. I have just now wasted my time reading this thread, and even more posting on it. Must have had too much Turkey and Holiday beer!!

And your point is...
That post doesn't make much sense

Back
Top Bottom