I'm a FAN, are you? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm a FAN, are you?

Originally posted by muddaconch
"Get a friggin life man!"

It's funny how, by saying this, you are implying that my opinion of being a Dolphins fan is wrong (by telling me to get a life, you do not agree with my statement, and therefore do not agree with my idea of what a Dolfan is), but in your first post you blatantly open your paragraph with "When I watch a dolphins game I probably take something different out of it than other fans, and vice versa." Then, what is even more funny is that you start your most recent paragraph off with telling me to get a life and end it with "You might want to learn that just because people don't share your idea's doesn't mean their wrong."

"I don't have to explain myself to you, nor do I intend to."

Interesting. I seem to remember reading a complete run down of how you analyze a football game.

----

Your posts do not agree with eachother, and you are "appauled" by the way other Dolfans watch the game. Take your crap somewhere else, or go root for the Jets.

Nice reply....was thinking the same when I read his post the first time myself!

Ricky Makes A Difference!!

The POINT of this thread was to show that there are different TYPES of fans. You are obviously the typical "we did good guys! Let's give ourselves a pat on the back and get pizza as a treat!". Yay! we won guys! wooptey frickin do! Am I happy that we won? YES. Are you happy that we won? OBVIOUSLY. So WHAT"S the difference?

Read through the other threads. We have people bitchin and moaning about people ANALYZING the players and coaching! WHY WOULD YOU COMPLAIN IF SOMEONE WANTS TO BREAK DOWN A GAME? I personally LIKE to break down plays, look at how players did, etc. Does that make me any less of a fan than you guys with your pack mentality? Believe it or not you CAN root for the dolphins, while disagreeing with the coaching or personnel decisions. You CAN like Jay without thinking he's a greek god of a QB. I personally like the guy, but i have REASONS I like the guy, and REASONS I don't like the guy. Learn to accept it. THis is NOT the little leagues guys, By blindly accepting a victory, without any criticism as to how a player played is absurd to say the least. Be happy, becomd complacent, that's the kiund of thinking that loses us games late in the season "we run good! pat on the back!, your defense is good! Pat on the back!" then we get complacent and drop easy games. Christ, you people need take a step back and look at your mob mentality. If someone wants to crticize Ricky for not hitting holes, they should feel free to without your anti-analyzing bashing. if they want to criticize Chambers for dropping a catch, or Mare for missing a FG, then so be it. The game was NOT perfect, believe it or not we have things to work on, and peopel should feel free to point these out.

Again, your point being?? Why are you taking all this time to state the obvious?? Isn't this a public forum? Basically what your doing is the same thing you claim to be opposed to.. Your putting down people for sharing their opinions and dissent. If I were to come in here and say Fiedler had a horrible day yesterday, and had 20 people say I was an idiot for saying so, what would make my point more valid than the others??

Originally posted by Graythreat
The POINT of this thread was to show that there are different TYPES of fans. You are obviously the typical "we did good guys! Let's give ourselves a pat on the back and get pizza as a treat!". Yay! we won guys! wooptey frickin do! Am I happy that we won? YES. Are you happy that we won? OBVIOUSLY. So WHAT"S the difference?

Read through the other threads. We have people bitchin and moaning about people ANALYZING the players and coaching! WHY WOULD YOU COMPLAIN IF SOMEONE WANTS TO BREAK DOWN A GAME? I personally LIKE to break down plays, look at how players did, etc. Does that make me any less of a fan than you guys with your pack mentality? Believe it or not you CAN root for the dolphins, while disagreeing with the coaching or personnel decisions. You CAN like Jay without thinking he's a greek god of a QB. I personally like the guy, but i have REASONS I like the guy, and REASONS I don't like the guy. Learn to accept it. THis is NOT the little leagues guys, By blindly accepting a victory, without any criticism as to how a player played is absurd to say the least. Be happy, becomd complacent, that's the kiund of thinking that loses us games late in the season "we run good! pat on the back!, your defense is good! Pat on the back!" then we get complacent and drop easy games. Christ, you people need take a step back and look at your mob mentality. If someone wants to crticize Ricky for not hitting holes, they should feel free to without your anti-analyzing bashing. if they want to criticize Chambers for dropping a catch, or Mare for missing a FG, then so be it. The game was NOT perfect, believe it or not we have things to work on, and peopel should feel free to point these out.

Although you claim to be making a point you seem to have spent more time condemning those who are not the analytical type of fan (your words not mine). However, it seems to me that you are more interested in being a coach/GM than a fan. You are right, this is not the little leagues it is the NFL and very few get to coach or play in it. So, be a fan enjoy the games break ‘em down and play coach/gm in your living room. Start a coaching thread here and maybe some of your fellow analytical fans can join in on the fun with you or better yet, start your own board.

There is nothing wrong with analytical fans, but heck, most of them don’t even know what they are talking about half the time non-the-less have an idea of what to be analytical about. Their posts mainly create turbulence in these forums. In addition, they only know half the story; what is seen on TV or published in papers. Nobody but the team knows all the intangibles…(i.e. real injuries/circumstances that are not reported to the public).

I really don't think everyone thinks the game was perfect. You are confusing this with people thinking the game WENT perfect. (Which in my opinion it did, if I am entitle to one of those in your hypocritical football world.) However, nobody is perfect in this league. Dan Marino thew pics once in awhile and Ricky Williams fumbles.

BTW – I checked and the domain www.miamidolphinsanalyticalfans.com is still available!

Ricky Makes A Difference!!

Originally posted by inFINSible

No, I was never anyone....<----check the tag line
Give me a hard time, inFINS, and I swear to God I'll tell everyone that you taught me everything I know about moderating. You'll be RUINED around these parts.:goof:

p.s. Glad you finally posted your pic as your avatar. We were wondering just what you looked like, -- and whether there was anything that might help explain your posts. :tongue:

HA! The jokes on you my friend...If you tell everybody I taught you everything you know about moderating, you'll be ruined.

wait...:huh: :sceptic:

That's not me in the pic....that's my dad....I think.

Sean Connery on Celebrity Jeaopardy.... it's a beautiful thing

"Boy, I think you might be retarded"

hahahahaha....

I've been looking over these posts and am seriously appauled. WHY do some people think that dis-liking a team member means that your not a dolphins fan?

When I watch a dolphins game I probably take something different out of it than other fans, and vice versa. When I see 10 yard run by Ricky I don't automatically shout and whoop. I feel happy that he made the run, but I like analyzing the play. Did he get hit in the backfield? Was it a good hand off? Did he hit his hole, or have to bounce it outside? etc. etc. etc. Likewise when I see Chambers catch make a TD catch, I like to look at where the throw was. Was it a gimme play? Did the receiver get good enough seperation? Was the pass a duck? etc. etc. etc. Where as others will rejoice in bliss thinkign that a TD pass is indicitive of an awesome season.

Now when it comes down to it all that matters for the team is the score at the end, and that everyone got out of it allright. But it doesn't end there, and it shouldn't. We ALL want us to win a superbowl, but just because we disagree about when, and with who it will happen doesn't mean that one side of the other is not a fan.

I do NOT blatently accept our roster. I like to nit-pick, and see how we can change it.

I do NOT accept a positive play as a working play, it could have been broken and been sheer luck.

I DO want a superbowl, but I don't think Fiedler will be the one at the helm when we do win it.

I do NOT respect Wanny as a coach, though he was prepared today.

I do NOT like the Miami dolphins because of their "pretty" colors

Want to know why I watch football? Read above, I nit pick, and yes, I do get enjoyment out of it, just maybe in a different way. Think we should play Jay? THink we shouldn't release Wanny? Think we shouldn't trade up for a QB in the draft? So be it, fi that's what youthink will bring our team success then tout it loud and clear. I'll just disagree, but I'm no less a fan.

All this tells anyone in here is that you're an overly anal, type A personality who might be borderline autistic. Seriously, we all know there are "different" types of fans it's just that most people really don't need to have other people running around pointing out every negative aspect of everything that happens; it simply makes being a fan no fun whatsoever.

If you choose to be miserable while watching football games then so be it, that's your choice, just don't spread the misery around to the rest of us; capiche!

BTW, in response to your repeated question of "Want to know why [you] watch football?" No.

this is the most pointless post i have ever read

THis is NOT the little leagues guys, By blindly accepting a victory, without any criticism as to how a player played is absurd to say the least. Be happy, becomd complacent, that's the kiund of thinking that loses us games late in the season "we run good! pat on the back!, your defense is good! Pat on the back!" then we get complacent and drop easy games.

You do realize that comments on this board don't actually affect the outcome of the season, right?

Are you under some delusion that if you aren't critical of performances that the players and coachnes will become complacent? :lol:

You take yourself way too seriously.....

Back
Top Bottom