I'm kind of pissed at the dolphins staff for thinking Junior Seau is done. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm kind of pissed at the dolphins staff for thinking Junior Seau is done.

I still marvel at how fast Junior read the run. It was poetry in motion watching him and Zack on the field together, not to mention the occasional double linebacker blitz.

Unfortunately we had to let Junior go to make way to develop younger linebackers.

UCFinfan86 said:
but for his age and salary he wasn't worth it, he is a liability in coverage and most likely will break down at somepoint in throughout the year

Seau is making league minimum...

tmny99 said:
All Seau did here the last two years was finish the year on IR. He's a player that commands too much money for him to not be on the field. I like Seau and I wish him the best, but I'm glad that he and his base salary are not our problems any more.

League minimum is too much money?

The Blueprint said:
Tackles = one of the most misjudging stats. Sometimes, it's the right place @ the right time type of thing. It's extremely idiotic to judge players by that stat.

I've seen the Pats play one full game and parts of another and Seau hasn't impressed me. He looks like he did when he was here last year.. aka a player who has clearly lost more than a step and needs to retire.

I'm not surprised this thread was started by "JuniorSeau55" though. :rolleyes

Do the math and a tackle stats means that the player made a play. Seau has as much tackles on his own as zack does.

Disgustipate said:
Name a guy on the team who has had as big of injury problems as Seau over the past two years, much less ten. He started 13 games out of a possible 32 , and missed most of preseason in 2005. That's not even mentioning the fact that he's at a much higher risk then any of the players, and he's well pasted the age where all of his peers have broken down.

No one on this team is even remotely close to the injury risk that Junior Seau is. Junior Seau is 37 years old at one of the highest contact positions in the game. Jeff Zgonina and Keith Traylor might be in that age range, but they havent shown signs of their body falling apart like Seau has, and they arent getting near the violent contact.

I'd be willing to put money down on Seau not making it to the midseason mark if he sticks as a starter.

PS- Junior Seau partly lost his gig here because he couldnt play strongside OLB very well. Channing Crowder beat him out at the position he plays at now, and Seau didnt look good at all prior to getting injured last year.

Junior Seau plays the weakside by the way and so does channing crowder. Second of all you haven't watch him played recently and he played almost his first two seasons here until last year which he was injured a lot.

Uhh lets see how far into the season junior goes... i was one of the people who knew he wasnt done, but i also knew he can't be counted on to play all the time. The Pats were really desperate..
And Seau N Zach were never compared when they played side-by-side so don't try it now.

juniorseau55 said:
Junior Seau plays the weakside by the way and so does channing crowder. Second of all you haven't watch him played recently and he played almost his first two seasons here until last year which he was injured a lot.

Junior Seau originally was set to play weakside linebacker(Which you can call ILB). Channing Crowder beat him out in preseason, and he was moved to strongside linebacker, where he consistently made errors before he was injured.

Almost all his first two seasons? Who cares? The man is 53 years old, for ****s sake! It's nice that he has been able to last as long as he has this long, but it's foolish to expect him to hold up like that anymore. There is a reason why he didnt get picked up until the Patriots looked like they were going to start Monty Beisel and Hymie Schmendricks at ILB.

Disgustipate said:
Junior Seau originally was set to play weakside linebacker(Which you can call ILB). Channing Crowder beat him out in preseason, and he was moved to strongside linebacker, where he consistently made errors before he was injured.

Almost all his first two seasons? Who cares? The man is 53 years old, for ****s sake! It's nice that he has been able to last as long as he has this long, but it's foolish to expect him to hold up like that anymore. There is a reason why he didnt get picked up until the Patriots looked like they were going to start Monty Beisel and Hymie Schmendricks at ILB.

Sadly he's better than Donnie Spragan in his prime.

Back
Top Bottom