I'm kind of pissed at the dolphins staff for thinking Junior Seau is done. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm kind of pissed at the dolphins staff for thinking Junior Seau is done.

He lyk ditched us the punk..he was a good player but u can't hav an emotional retirement annocement and join another team the next day!

I don't miss Junior Seau at all. He only played more than half a season once in three seasons as a Dolphin. He retires, and all is well, and then he signs with.....New England, of all teams. I'd be amazed if he gets through the entire season.

tdmiami said:
u can't hav an emotional retirement annocement and join another team the next day!

I have no respect for players who do that.

He was getting injured way too much, and he didn't fit our defensive scheme that well.

We had to get younger on D. Seau never was a star as a Dolphin. His best football was clearly behind him. We're not doing bad this year because we don't have Jr.

SarahAnn said:
He wont be able to, He'll get hurt sometime this year I bet.

so you ready to break out the list of "saban" guys that were acquired at a discount rate because of injury? i agree that seau will likely get hurt, but there are about 10 guys on this team that are just as likely to get injured as seau is. also, you going to argue that right now seau couldn't walk in here and be the atleast the 3rd best LB on this team?

He won't last the season. He is done as far as all the responsibilities of a LB are concerned i.e coverage

Tackles = one of the most misjudging stats. Sometimes, it's the right place @ the right time type of thing. It's extremely idiotic to judge players by that stat.

I've seen the Pats play one full game and parts of another and Seau hasn't impressed me. He looks like he did when he was here last year.. aka a player who has clearly lost more than a step and needs to retire.

I'm not surprised this thread was started by "JuniorSeau55" though. :rolleyes

NickJr. said:
Seau's main problem is that he can't stay healthy. The last 2 years he started off fine, but he's always getting injured now. O love Jr, but let him stay with the other over the hill defenders in NE

Are you talking about those over the hill defenders who always find a way to kick our ***, or the ones with the three Super Bowl rings? Oh wait a minute, they're one in the same!

Seau played great for us when he wasnt injured in my opinion. He always plays at a high intensity and gets people fired up. He always seemed to be in good condition other then his injuries. I liked him better in coverage then Zach to cause he wasnt as small and T-Rex armed

thecoordinator said:
so you ready to break out the list of "saban" guys that were acquired at a discount rate because of injury? i agree that seau will likely get hurt, but there are about 10 guys on this team that are just as likely to get injured as seau is. also, you going to argue that right now seau couldn't walk in here and be the atleast the 3rd best LB on this team?

Name a guy on the team who has had as big of injury problems as Seau over the past two years, much less ten. He started 13 games out of a possible 32 , and missed most of preseason in 2005. That's not even mentioning the fact that he's at a much higher risk then any of the players, and he's well pasted the age where all of his peers have broken down.

No one on this team is even remotely close to the injury risk that Junior Seau is. Junior Seau is 37 years old at one of the highest contact positions in the game. Jeff Zgonina and Keith Traylor might be in that age range, but they havent shown signs of their body falling apart like Seau has, and they arent getting near the violent contact.

I'd be willing to put money down on Seau not making it to the midseason mark if he sticks as a starter.

PS- Junior Seau partly lost his gig here because he couldnt play strongside OLB very well. Channing Crowder beat him out at the position he plays at now, and Seau didnt look good at all prior to getting injured last year.

He was already in the downside of his career when he got here and if he was so good why was he basically let go? He "retired," a nice way of saying goodbye before being cut.

As excellent a player as Seau is, he's too injury prone at this point. He might have "4" good games and then he'll get injured shortly thereafter. It's sad but the fact remains that players slow down as they get older. The Patriots will find this out before the season is over with.

Back
Top Bottom