I'm kind of pissed at the dolphins staff for thinking Junior Seau is done. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm kind of pissed at the dolphins staff for thinking Junior Seau is done.

UCFinfan86 said:
If he has a bad year i wouldn't blame him, Look at his WRs, Marino proably couldn't do good with those WRs either. I would hate brady even more if he didn't complain about them getting rid of everyone(makes him a little less of a ***** *** pretty boy)

That is what I'm saying, he had his rec's and he knew them, the same way Marino had Clayton and Duper. Our only team rec is Chambers, I would like to stick with Welker, Booker, and Hagan for at least 3 more yrs, though. Let C-Pep get used to what he has and he will turn CC into Moss, and Welker and Booker into strong 2nd and 3rd options.

UCFinfan86 said:
So he makes one good play, that means hes having a great season? Culpepper made a great throw to Welker to seal the deal vs tennessee.

It was just one example to counter the "all his tackles are 10 yards down the field" comment.

Point being, he is still capable of making very good plays and I developed that opinion watching him the entire game not just on the one play.

Geez.

Loyalty2Fins said:
That is what I'm saying, he had his rec's and he knew them, the same way Marino had Clayton and Duper. Our only team rec is Chambers, I would like to stick with Welker, Booker, and Hagan for at least 3 more yrs, though. Let C-Pep get used to what he has and he will turn CC into Moss, and Welker and Booker into strong 2nd and 3rd options.

Doesn't mean hes not a great QB though.

Trekbiz said:
Sure.....

Like the play where he absolutely flattened Tatum Bell in the backfield on one of his classic run blitzes right up the middle?

No doubt he's not what he used to be but he's still a good step above a stop gap player like Spragan IMO. Don't think we are better without him.

Every player gets his licks in once in a while.

He can't cover worth a lick anymore and he did nothing for us last year, it was time to move on. Spragen does what we need better then Seau did, and that was cover backs and TE's out of the backfield.

Trekbiz said:
It was just one example to counter the "all his tackles are 10 yards down the field" comment.

Point being, he is still capable of making very good plays and I developed that opinion watching him the entire game not just on the one play.

Geez.

but for his age and salary he wasn't worth it, he is a liability in coverage and most likely will break down at somepoint in throughout the year

NJFINSFAN1 said:
He can't cover worth a lick anymore and he did nothing for us last year, it was time to move on. Spragen does what we need better then Seau did, and that was cover backs and TE's out of the backfield.

Good point and well taken.
Won't challenge you on him being a liability in coverage.

Trekbiz said:

Geez.

Shame he takes a game or 2 off between the good plays :goof: yes I am only kidding, but I dont believe he is able to make them with as much consistancy as is needed in the NFL today.

Loyalty2Fins said:
We're always moving our players around and bringing new ones in, this is why we are losing now, because we have no team chemistry. NE won those SB's with the same team no huge names, just a quality team. This is what we need to do, especially on offense, is stick with our players and let them get comfortable with each other and we will win, guaranteed. From Surtain, Madison, Knight, Gus, our whole o-line, Ogundleaye, and these are all quality players, and this was just the last 4 yrs.

You cant just keep the same players in the NFL, it doesnt work like that.

The stat is misleading in the sense that Zach is a better player than Seau at this point in time and its not even close.

Where the stat isnt' misleading is that Zach is on the downside of his career and no longer a "great" player. Time has caught up with him. He is an ok player now. He doesn't kill us out there (yet) but he is nothing special anymore.

Loyalty2Fins said:

yeah but you can't throw away the season in week 3 and 4 waiting for c-pep to turn it around. It's not fair to the other players, fans, owner, ....etc.

At some point if c-pep is hurting the team on the field,you gotta do something.

This game vs houston will tell us a lot abotu c-pep. Because if he dirty's the bed 2 weeks in a row against the 2 worst teams in football (hous and tenn) then he won't turn it around vs anyone else.

All Seau did here the last two years was finish the year on IR. He's a player that commands too much money for him to not be on the field. I like Seau and I wish him the best, but I'm glad that he and his base salary are not our problems any more.

Seau IS D-O-N-E ... at least as an elite LB ....

We could NOT afford to have both him and ZACH on the same LB Corps ....

Seau can't get thru on the blitz .... nor can he catch backs out of the backfield ...

Seau is a great man and was a great LB .... but he is NOT someone that we needed or need on the team right now ....

juniorseau55 said:
This is what stats have showed so far.

Zach Thomas MIA 3 games 26 tackles

Junior Seau NE 3 games 26 tackles

Is zack thomas getting that old or is junior seau playing at good intensity. I love how the coaching staff makes bad decisions all the time by signing in defenders who weren't really good with other teams hoping they would play good. Now look at our secondary and how sad it looks. The dolphins staff thought Junior Seau was done but every new england game that I watched this season he looks at good speed and looks very healthy. Having Junior out there as a playmaker is better than having all those useless players in our secondary.

Yeah I saw Jake Plummer turn the corner on him for an easy first down though.

Back
Top Bottom