I'm not giving up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm not giving up

Chambers34Phins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't care how things look, nothing anyone says is going to make me give up hope. Anything can happen in the NFL. I will not give up with 3 games left, I wouldn't give up with 1 game left when we need to win 2 to get in, just the way I am.

I think we can still do it as dark as things look, I think we can still do it, and if we get into the playoffs, that's all we need. Any given sunday, we can beat anyone, but we can lose to anyone.

I will not judge this team in december by yesterdays game. The elements were harsh, not many teams would have done well, especially warm weather teams. If it were just cold, with no snow and we lost like that, then I would think we have no chance, but it wasn't just cold.

We are taking out the Eagles next week, you heard it here first!

It's immaterial whether you "give up" or not. The only thing that matters is what the players and coaches do.

I am with ya too. The Fins are my favorite team and I'll never give up on them or judge from one game. But they do have to beat the Eagles, and right now the Eagles are on fire.

That's not the point I'm making, I'm talking about most of the people on this board, probably including yourself.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
That's not the point I'm making, I'm talking about most of the people on this board, probably including yourself.

And the point I am making is that it makes not one bit of difference whether everyone on this board "gives up" or not. The Dolphins will do what they are going to do, regardless. And right now, what they are most likely going to do is miss the playoffs. Again.

I'm with you on this but...yes, but...

Our O-Line has never looked this bad...EVER!!!

Our Defense is solid...no doubt but our O-Line play is horrendous...be realistic here...do you really think that if we do get into the playoffs...that the Fins would go far with our current O-Line??? I think we all know the answer to this.

Ya, I love the Fins and out or all the college and pro sports...the Fins are and will always be my favorite.

So I say...hope for the best...and it would be really nice to whoop up on the Bills and Jets even if we don't make it to the playoffs...and finishing 11-5 is also nice but we are doomed b/c of our O-Line.

Go Fins!!!

Originally posted by Rick 1966

And the point I am making is that it makes not one bit of difference whether everyone on this board "gives up" or not. The Dolphins will do what they are going to do, regardless. And right now, what they are most likely going to do is miss the playoffs. Again.

but the fans on this board are a microcosm of the 70+ thousand fans that show up every sunday to cheer this team on... tell me the team will not be affected negatively if the staduim is half-empty for the next home game...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

but the fans on this board are a microcosm of the 70+ thousand fans that show up every sunday to cheer this team on... tell me the team will not be affected negatively if the staduim is half-empty for the next home game...

A microcosm perhaps, but we also do not control what THOSE fans do, so again it matters not what we say or do here.

Robert Kennedy once said, btw, that "We develop the kinds of citizens we deserve." Well, the Dolphins will have the kinds of fans they deserve, given their performance on the field.

Hey I am with you, Miami all the way!
I think Miami can win out and sneak in the back door of the playoffs and we have been playing better on the road anyway.
Go Phins Go.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

Robert Kennedy once said, btw, that "We develop the kinds of citizens we deserve." Well, the Dolphins will have the kinds of fans they deserve, given their performance on the field.

i cannot disagree with this statement, and i realize the team has a job to do whether we root for them or not, they are paid royally to do so...but personally, i'm a fin fan til i die and will ALWAYS cheer them on to victory

How in the world can a true Dolphin fan give up? Are you kidding me?!!! Yes, yesterday's loss hurt. but we're still in the playoff hunt. We only have 5 losses. If we win out we'll get in. Denver's not gonna win out. It's not over yet. HUGE game next week....Monday Night. WOW!

aem 5 losses is not what i expected from this team let alone sneaking in the backdoor of the playoffs as posted by phillyphin this team should be sitting right where the pats are i am really let down with our team and wheather we like it or not we must look to next year as bad as it hurts to say it!! it is december the season is not over and we are looking to next year this is what we get with dave,norv,and jay.i love the dolphins as much as you guys but do you really think we can do anything with what we have on offense?it all goes back to the draft and personell moves!thanks dave!! to answer your question how can a true fan give up? 5 losses and counting.

"I am with ya too. The Fins are my favorite team and I'll never give up on them or judge from one game. But they do have to beat the Eagles, and right now the Eagles are on fire."

the eagles have been winning, but not against the cream of the crop... i will give them props for beating the Packers 17-14. but beyond that beating the Giants, Falcons, Redskins, and Saint's doesnt scare me much... yes they beat the Panthers, but John Kasay missed 3 makeable FG's and an extra point that day.

Back
Top Bottom