Im not throwing in the towel yet. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im not throwing in the towel yet.

WVDolphan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
You guys can laugh all you want when I post this, but Im not pulling the plug on this season just yet. Lets take a look at what lies ahead......

Seattle
NE
at 9ers
Jags
Buffalo
at NE

Face it. NE is beatable. They almost lost to both the Jests and the Bills. NE's defense is a joke. We will have an opportunity to beat them.

If this team can get it together and start playing well again, it isnt quite over. I know this, if we win the next 2 games, we will be 6-6 and NE will be 8-4 at best. You guys will be talking about the possibilities of winning the division.

Now, obviously to win the divison we will have to go 5-1 over these last 6 games. While that seems impossible the way we have played the last 2 games, just try and realize that if our OL pulls its head out of its ass and Tannehill steps it up a bit, it is certaily possible to pull off.

The Jags and Bills are terrible. We play them at home. Seattle is not the same team on the road that they are at home. If we get back to playing the way we were a few weeks ago, we could win that game. Ive already stated how NE is beatable. And yea, the 9ers are tough, but they just tied in SF against a team we beat. So its not impossible.

Look, if we can pull off 9-7, considering we will likely beat NE twice in that process, that means they would only have to lose 2 other games of their other 5 remaining in order to fall to 9-7 themselves. This is our only path. 9-7 will not get us a WC, because again, not only would going 9-7 mean sweeping NE, they would have to win 10 for that to throw us in the WC mix and its likely 9 wins wont get a WC. So winning the division is are only possible way in.

Face it, the AFC east is WEAK. Its still possible. If we come home and beat Seattle, that can change the momentum. Beating NE the next week I promise would have all of you talking about how its possible we are 8-7 and playing a 9-6 NE team in week 17 for the division. 2 games in a row to get us back in it. Lets do this ****!

Hell, NE could easily lose to Indy this week. Who else is left on their schedule? I can promise there isnt a game that should be considered a gimmie for them. They lost at home to Arizona. They play almost every game close because their defense is so bad. We can beat them. Its just a matter of guys getting it together and playing well.

Get the run game going and get Tannehill back on track and this is not over. Laugh all you want. Go ahead. Im not guaranteeing anything. Im not even saying its likely. I know it isnt. Im just saying it isnt over. If we lose next week you can close it down. But, until we lose one of the next 2 games, Im not throwing in the towel.

rick-1.jpg

I knew that or the dumb and dumber clip was coming right away. Laugh it up.

Again, Im not saying this is likely. I know it isnt.

All Im saying is if we win the next two games we will be 6-6. If we win the next 2 games, everyone will be on here talking about how Jacksonville and Buffalo will be easy wins for us. Think about that. Winning the next 2 would give us a great shot at being 8-7 going into NE week 17. If we are 8-7 going into NE the final week and had beaten them in the process, that means it would only take NE dropping 2 other games to be at 9-6 going into that game. That would make week 17 a winner take all for the division title. Thats all.

If we win the next two games, you all will be talking about it. Any of you ready to guarantee we wont win the next 2 games? Im not.

Just like Im not ready to say we will win any more games, Im not ready to say we are a lock to lose the next 2 games. Seattle just isnt good on the road and NE is just not that good. We could win both of those games simply by playing the way we played a few weeks ago. Tannehill plays better and this thing isnt over. Just watch.

[video=youtube;UGS8re8cIVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGS8re8cIVI&feature=fvwrel[/video]

In all seriousness, I too would like to believe we still have a chance, but I've seen this team has teased me with turning the corner one too many times bro. One month we play like world beaters, the next...everyone in the world is beating us! I don't know what it is, but I think this team lost some of it's heart after the Indi game.

We're playing too safe, too scared right now to be a playoff contender. This team has some talent, but the players aren't playing to their potential right now. Who knows, maybe this extra time off will serve us good, maybe we CAN make a run...the team needs to take a hard look at itself in the next 10 days. It's basically now or never.

GET REAL cmon dude tannehill is about to face the worst possible match ups. Seattle Away is better than the titans and we got blown the **** out. Seahawks have the best secondary in the league and will make tannehill look like a bust (not saying he is but it will look ugly and the blame will go all on him which it shouldn't) Then we are going to get destroyed by the 49ers they're are worst match up. New Englands offense hasn't regressed and will out up 40 against our top 5 worst secondary in the league. This is childrens optimism right here. We are not a good team and no one in the league that's arealist knows that after looking at our wins and losses.

In all seriousness, I too would like to believe we still have a chance, but I've seen this team has teased me with turning the corner one too many times bro. One month we play like world beaters, the next...everyone in the world is beating us! I don't know what it is, but I think this team lost some of it's heart after the Indi game. We're playing too safe right now to be a playoff contender. This team has some talent, but the players aren't playing to their potential right now. Who knows, maybe this extra time off will serve us good, maybe we CAN make a run...the team needs to take a hard look at itself in the next 10 days. It's basically now or never.

Remember that one year with Henne when we were all sure we were heading to the playoffs with 3 out of 4 easy games to close out the season? Then they lost to the Bills, Browns and some other crap team...

This was the year:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/2010.htm

We were 6-5 with a bunch of bottom dwellers on the slate (Browns, Bills and Lions were all terrible that year) and they crapped the bed and finished 7-9.

In all seriousness, I too would like to believe we still have a chance, but I've seen this team has teased me with turning the corner one too many times bro. One month we play like world beaters, the next...everyone in the world is beating us! I don't know what it is, but I think this team lost some of it's heart after the Indi game.

We're playing too safe, too scared right now to be a playoff contender. This team has some talent, but the players aren't playing to their potential right now. Who knows, maybe this extra time off will serve us good, maybe we CAN make a run...the team needs to take a hard look at itself in the next 10 days. It's basically now or never.

We never looked like world beaters when you look at the teams we beat and not just the Win stat.

You guys can laugh all you want when I post this, but Im not pulling the plug on this season just yet. Lets take a look at what lies ahead......

Seattle
NE
at 9ers
Jags
Buffalo
at NE

Face it. NE is beatable. They almost lost to both the Jests and the Bills. NE's defense is a joke. We will have an opportunity to beat them.

If this team can get it together and start playing well again, it isnt quite over. I know this, if we win the next 2 games, we will be 6-6 and NE will be 8-4 at best. You guys will be talking about the possibilities of winning the division.

Now, obviously to win the divison we will have to go 5-1 over these last 6 games. While that seems impossible the way we have played the last 2 games, just try and realize that if our OL pulls its head out of its ass and Tannehill steps it up a bit, it is certaily possible to pull off.

The Jags and Bills are terrible. We play them at home. Seattle is not the same team on the road that they are at home. If we get back to playing the way we were a few weeks ago, we could win that game. Ive already stated how NE is beatable. And yea, the 9ers are tough, but they just tied in SF against a team we beat. So its not impossible.

Look, if we can pull off 9-7, considering we will likely beat NE twice in that process, that means they would only have to lose 2 other games of their other 5 remaining in order to fall to 9-7 themselves. This is our only path. 9-7 will not get us a WC, because again, not only would going 9-7 mean sweeping NE, they would have to win 10 for that to throw us in the WC mix and its likely 9 wins wont get a WC. So winning the division is are only possible way in.

Face it, the AFC east is WEAK. Its still possible. If we come home and beat Seattle, that can change the momentum. Beating NE the next week I promise would have all of you talking about how its possible we are 8-7 and playing a 9-6 NE team in week 17 for the division. 2 games in a row to get us back in it. Lets do this ****!

Hell, NE could easily lose to Indy this week. Who else is left on their schedule? I can promise there isnt a game that should be considered a gimmie for them. They lost at home to Arizona. They play almost every game close because their defense is so bad. We can beat them. Its just a matter of guys getting it together and playing well.

Get the run game going and get Tannehill back on track and this is not over. Laugh all you want. Go ahead. Im not guaranteeing anything. Im not even saying its likely. I know it isnt. Im just saying it isnt over. If we lose next week you can close it down. But, until we lose one of the next 2 games, Im not throwing in the towel.
We are i the terrible to mediocre category being at home doesn't change anything when we are at level we are now. We are in the same tier with the bills and Jets and everyone in the league knows it.

Seattle
NE
at 9ers
Jags
Buffalo
at NE

I just stole your towel while you weren't looking. :)

As limited as the game plans are, and with that inept offense, this team is much more looking like a 6-10 squad rather than a 9-7 team. It's time to open up the offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
We never looked like world beaters when you look at the teams we beat and not just the Win stat.

Ask the Giants how hard it is to beat the Bengals. We killed the Jets in their place...sent a message. And St Louis, despite their record, is playing everyone hard (minus the Patriots).

We will finish no better then 6-10 again this year. More likely 5-11. No way in hell we beat the Pats or 49ers. Seahawks game is a longshot too

Back
Top Bottom