Im not throwing in the towel yet. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im not throwing in the towel yet.

Look it's not officially over, but looking at the last 3 weeks it would take a miracle for us to make the playoffs.
I'd LIKE to believe we have a real chance, but I'd also LIKE to believe that Scarlett Johansson will finally come to her senses and realize that I'm the man she needs to make all of her hottest sexual fantasies come true..... You see where I'm going with this.

I appreciate the OP's optimism and passion. However, this is how I see the next month or so...

Seattle- Loss. Terrible match up for our O vs their physical D. The home stadium will be empty. Russell Wilson will make plays so everyone in the local media and FH can say that their 3rd round QB is better than our 8th pick.

New England- Loss. Another home loss that turns into a blowout. Maybe the O can make some plays that make the stat line better, but it will be for nothing.

San Francisco- Loss. I actually think that we match up okay with this team. However, cross country flight versus a better team.

The next possible win would be Jacksonville at home...in front of friends and family.

It is going to be an ugly few weeks around here. Kind of sucks, though this is how I thought the season would actually be like, unfortunately.

Optimism is a funny thing. We've had it as fans for years and except for the 2008 season, it's ****ed us for a long time.

You may not have thrown in the towel yet and that's fine, it's 100% your right. IMO the Dolphins are done and will finish 6-10 at best.

There is hope next season b/c of the cap room and draft pick situation. I think we'll have a better indication as to what this team could look like under Philbin heading into next year. It's awful to have the 'let's look to next year' feeling but being real, it isn't like we as fans haven't felt this way before.

wv, i love the optimism man,but i am as optimistic a fan when it comes to the fins, but its going to be a real tough task.

yes, the patriots deff r not as dominating as they have been in the past, and no one will dispute that. However, despite that, they r still a team that can put up 30 plus pts at ease with all the weapons they have one offense, and now add in a legit running back, makes them all the more dangerous.

yes there defense is ****, but we just played back to back to back 3 of the bottom 5 defenses in the nfl and put up an embarassing 30 pts of offense in those 3 games.

can it be done technically? yes. realistically? dont think so, but as always i will deff be watching every snap of every game so i can only hope i am wrong.

the thing is also about there schedule, yes they play the colts tomm, yes they still got the texans and 49ers, but lets be real, barring a injury to brady, the pats will be favored in all 3 of those games. also, those games are all in foxboro. the pats deff can lose as they did lose to the pathetic cards, and nearly lost to the jets and bills. i just do not see it though, but i hope i am dead wrong and somehow come december 30th late in the day, we sit atop the afc east.

the thing is also about there schedule, yes they play the colts tomm, yes they still got the texans and 49ers, but lets be real, barring a injury to brady, the pats will be favored in all 3 of those games. also, those games are all in foxboro. the pats deff can lose as they did lose to the pathetic cards, and nearly lost to the jets and bills. i just do not see it though, but i hope i am dead wrong and somehow come december 30th late in the day, we sit atop the afc east.

I'll bet anybody $100 right now that they'll lose at least one of those games and that's all we need to get back in control of our own destiny. The Colts have a real good shot at knocking them off tomorrow, I think Luck is already as good as Brady and he may very well break his own passing record.

I'll bet anybody $100 right now that they'll lose at least one of those games and that's all we need to get back in control of our own destiny. The Colts have a real good shot at knocking them off tomorrow, I think Luck is already as good as Brady and he may very well break his own passing record.
im not saying the patriots do not have a shot at losing any of those 3 games, heck maybe theyll lose all 3, but they still will be favorites to win all of those games, and even with a poor defense, they still have a very dangerous offense that can put up 30 plus pts just like that.

our offense couldn't do **** vs the titans, colts, and bills defense which are prob worse than the pats, how are we going to put up 30 plus pts vs the pats, which is what will most likely be needed to win?

i hope we do and i am remaining hopeful, but its very hard to fathom us doing that right now. i hope i am wrong and the pats get killed tomm, and we are able to shut them down and beat them when we play, but its still going to be a very tough task

I don't think our offense is as bad as it has looked the past 2 games, we were out-coached as much as anything and just had poor game plans. With a better game plan and if we can get Gaffney back and get the rookies Mathews and Miller more involved we can put up some points.

Getting some early momentum is huge in the Miami heat, a couple of long sustained drives by us and an early 3 and out for them levels the playing field big time. If the opposite happens then we'll get a repeat of the Tennessee game

Me neither man. This team can turn it around. 3W streak than all of the sudden 3L streak. It can turn around just as fast. Philbin isn't an idiot. I am sure he is seeing who to let go this offseason.

Face it. NE is beatable. They almost lost to both the Jests and the Bills. NE's defense is a joke. We will have an opportunity to beat them.

Tennesee's defense is a joke and miami almost got shut out at home.

The colts defense is a joke and miami got throttled in the 2nd half

The bills defense is a total joke and miami could barely get a TD against them. The Bills were on pace for the worst run defense in 70 years before playing miami.

The real joke here that should make you laugh is the Dolphins offense.

Luck is already as good as Brady, the future HOF-er and three time SB champ. You do realize he's thrown only one more TD than INT right? And his rating is 79.1?

He's doing great for a rookie but in no way is he already on the level of Tom ****ing Brady.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Tennesee's defense is a joke and miami almost got shut out at home.

The colts defense is a joke and miami got throttled in the 2nd half

The bills defense is a total joke and miami could barely get a TD against them. The Bills were on pace for the worst run defense in 70 years before playing miami.

The real joke here that should make you laugh is the Dolphins offense.

The Dolphins just played two of the worst defenses in the league and scored 17 total points against them. What in the **** makes anyone think they would be able to stick with NE?

Luck is already as good as Brady, the future HOF-er and three time SB champ. You do realize he's thrown only one more TD than INT right? And his rating is 79.1?

He's doing great for a rookie but in no way is he already on the level of Tom ****ing Brady.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

The Dolphins just played two of the worst defenses in the league and scored 17 total points against them. What in the **** makes anyone think they would be able to stick with NE?

Guarantee Our offense is worse than NE's defense. Besides we will need to score 30+ to beat them if our defense has a good day. LMFAO at the Dolphins scoring 30 plus with non non offensive TD's or short fields.

What funny is if our defense gives up a lot of yards but foces NE to settle for lots of field goals this place will be destroying the defense and giving the offesne a free pass.

Folks, the Fins are not going to win possibly until the Jacksonville game. Look to see RT getting back on track as a "goal" for the next few weeks. It will be tough vs. Seattle, however. New England leads the AFC in takeaways and SF is one of the best defenses in general. Long haul for Tannehill and Joe.

You guys can laugh all you want when I post this, but Im not pulling the plug on this season just yet. Lets take a look at what lies ahead......

Seattle
NE
at 9ers
Jags
Buffalo
at NE

Face it. NE is beatable. They almost lost to both the Jests and the Bills. NE's defense is a joke. We will have an opportunity to beat them.

If this team can get it together and start playing well again, it isnt quite over. I know this, if we win the next 2 games, we will be 6-6 and NE will be 8-4 at best. You guys will be talking about the possibilities of winning the division.

Now, obviously to win the divison we will have to go 5-1 over these last 6 games. While that seems impossible the way we have played the last 2 games, just try and realize that if our OL pulls its head out of its ass and Tannehill steps it up a bit, it is certaily possible to pull off.

The Jags and Bills are terrible. We play them at home. Seattle is not the same team on the road that they are at home. If we get back to playing the way we were a few weeks ago, we could win that game. Ive already stated how NE is beatable. And yea, the 9ers are tough, but they just tied in SF against a team we beat. So its not impossible.

Look, if we can pull off 9-7, considering we will likely beat NE twice in that process, that means they would only have to lose 2 other games of their other 5 remaining in order to fall to 9-7 themselves. This is our only path. 9-7 will not get us a WC, because again, not only would going 9-7 mean sweeping NE, they would have to win 10 for that to throw us in the WC mix and its likely 9 wins wont get a WC. So winning the division is are only possible way in.

Face it, the AFC east is WEAK. Its still possible. If we come home and beat Seattle, that can change the momentum. Beating NE the next week I promise would have all of you talking about how its possible we are 8-7 and playing a 9-6 NE team in week 17 for the division. 2 games in a row to get us back in it. Lets do this ****!

Hell, NE could easily lose to Indy this week. Who else is left on their schedule? I can promise there isnt a game that should be considered a gimmie for them. They lost at home to Arizona. They play almost every game close because their defense is so bad. We can beat them. Its just a matter of guys getting it together and playing well.

Get the run game going and get Tannehill back on track and this is not over. Laugh all you want. Go ahead. Im not guaranteeing anything. Im not even saying its likely. I know it isnt. Im just saying it isnt over. If we lose next week you can close it down. But, until we lose one of the next 2 games, Im not throwing in the towel.

Get real!

:chuckle:

jk... I guess anything is possible

I can see all the articles in the paper and in the newspaper next week about how a small, third round pick out-performed our guy. It will mean nothing, but good print and arguments for people, but it will be there nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom