I'm now on the "take a WR in the 1st" bandwagon | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm now on the "take a WR in the 1st" bandwagon

Tommatt said:
Thats my biggest poiont, I think we'll end up at #5. Or right around there, we're trading down to that region, and both the WR's will be available. Chamber, Williams, Booker, Michmichael, any QB, hell bring fielder back, can throw to that combination.
no they won't.. if we trade down to #5 then the top 4 should go like this...

1) SF - Rodgers
2) TB - Smith
3) Cleveland - Edwards
4) Chicago - Benson
5) Miami...

we'll be in a position to get Ronnie, Cadillac or MW#1.

finsnchips said:
no they won't.. if we trade down to #5 then the top 4 should go like this...

1) SF - Rodgers
2) TB - Smith
3) Cleveland - Edwards
4) Chicago - Benson
5) Miami...

we'll be in a position to get Ronnie, Cadillac or MW#1.

Unless Chicago goes Brown. I said it in a different post that I think Chicago might be so big on Benson because they think we are taking Brown. I think if Brown drops to them they would seriously consider it

Also, to add more to my debate with Jbond, I have two words to pretty much sum up my MAJOR problem with your scenerio (draft WR#1 cuz the more good WRs the better), and that would be: DETROIT LIONS. They have CHARLES ROGERS AND ROY WILLIAMS and yet still do nothing special through the air. Granted, Rogers has had injuries, but still, AJ Feeley is no better than Joey Harrington, and Harrington has two round 1 WRs to work with and still can't do anything, and I don't think he could even if Rogers was healthy the whole season. I like Harrington, have since he was at Oregon, but I just don't think he is good enough, in that system anyway, to know what to do with 2 star WRs, and Feeley is the same way (except I don't like Feeley, haha).

Now I'm not a huge Feeley fan but....he does have the skills. He just needs to learn to recognize the opposing D's scheme more. If he can do that....he'll be an abov avg. good QB that will do us just fine. If he can't ever learn.....then he'll be dazed and confused and our own worse enemy.

Arguments for the success or productivity of any position coming out of the draft....can pretty much be said for all of the positions. That said....according to what Saban has said....he'd like the 'top need' to also be the BPA....but will draft BPA regardless. As we need what the top 3 BPA positions are at #2 (WR, QB, RB) I think he'll choose the best BPA (as they're all needs) at that point....i.e. a WR unless we trade down.

Agent51 said:
Unless Chicago goes Brown. I said it in a different post that I think Chicago might be so big on Benson because they think we are taking Brown. I think if Brown drops to them they would seriously consider it
tbh, I think I'd rather Benson.

Well its looking more and more likely like we'll be trading down. And even though I would love to see williams as our #5 pick (for now on I'm going to start thinking like thats the pick we have for sure) if we were to trade with minnesota, for the 7th, that would be the sweetest thing ever, and we still get a RB. William at #5, the left over big 3 RB at #7 :)

Back
Top Bottom