Im really scared of the browns | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im really scared of the browns

Not sure why anybody would want that. If the dolphins are high on Tannehill maybe its for a reason. What do we really gain by Cleveland taking Tannehill

A better QB in Brandon Weeden, and with our 2nd round pick, allowing the Dolphins to trade down in the 1st round, add picks and draft Whitney Mercilus or Fleener.

Sorry dude, but the NFL isn't interpreted that way. You can't change things for your own convenience. When teams move," they are who we thought they we were." The AZ Cardinals are the former St. Louis Cardinals and the St. Louis Rams are the former Los Angeles Rams.

The team is the team, not the town. The O is the O. The i is dotted and the t is crossed. The team that Jim Brown played for is now playing in Baltimore.

In 1995, Art Modell, who had purchased the Cleveland Browns in 1961, announced that he was relocating the team to Baltimore, Maryland. The outrage and controversy[SUP][4][/SUP] which erupted, as well as the NFL's unwillingness to lose Cleveland, Ohio as a member city, led to a unique agreement whereby Modell was cleared to relocate his team (where they were renamed the Baltimore Ravens), but relinquished ownership of the Browns name, colors, logos and history. The Cleveland Browns would suspend operations for the 1996, 1997 and 1998 seasons (a period often referred to as their "deactivation") while Cleveland Municipal Stadium was demolished and a new venue, ultimately called Cleveland Browns Stadium, was built on the site.

how many of us will be just as pissed if we pass on tannenhill as we were on brady quinn,and that was almost five years ago and we still have no qb

how many of us will be just as pissed if we pass on tannenhill as we were on brady quinn,and that was almost five years ago and we still have no qb
I wasn't all that pissed over passing on quin. He never really did anything in college.

A better QB in Brandon Weeden, and with our 2nd round pick, allowing the Dolphins to trade down in the 1st round, add picks and draft Whitney Mercilus or Fleener.

In your opinion Weeden is better but many people dont see it that way. I personally feel Weeden is a waste of another second round pick by us and is quite overrated because of running the same offense as Case Keenan . i dont think Weeden is a scrub but not worth a second round pick. Weeden is not ready to start in my opinion esp in a west coast offense and has too little time to develop

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Also my point was wouldnt it be better if Tannehill was there so if our staff likes him they make their own decision instead of a team drafting him before us then we have to wonder if they wanted him.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

I wasn't all that pissed over passing on quin. He never really did anything in college.

Well by passing on quinn we got two busts for the price of one lol

I'm hoping we take Blackmon, Richardson, or Floyd in the first, and Brock Osweiler in the second, or third. I know he hasnt had much playing time, but this kid had a hella of an arm, great accuracy, and good work ethic. Let him learn for a year or two, and I think he will be someone to recon with.

I think we loose out on tannenhill.i look at it this way if i had mckoy as my starter there is no way i dont draft tannenhill and upgrade the qb.they have 2 first round picks so one is almost a free pick any way.why not grag the qb you have been looking at in this pass happy nfl and roll the dice on a speedy wr late 1st.its a win win for them and this is why i think the browns scare me

Wrong....the Browns will either draft Trent Richardson OR Blackmon......and will then pursue Weedon!!!!!!!!!!

if i were a nfl gm i would not spend anything more than a 5th on old man weeden.he will b 29 come the start of the season and would have to start for your team asap because of his age.maybe it takes him this year and next to really jell and pick up the nfl style of play.so now he is 30 or 31.how could any team in our position give up anything more than a 5th.

if i were a nfl gm i would not spend anything more than a 5th on old man weeden.he will b 29 come the start of the season and would have to start for your team asap because of his age.maybe it takes him this year and next to really jell and pick up the nfl style of play.so now he is 30 or 31.how could any team in our position give up anything more than a 5th.

No GM or coach is safe for 10 years anyway. So even if Weeden isn't ready till he is 30 or 31, so what. That is a nice 5 or 6 year window you got. Which is what most GM's and coaches get these days

I think the idea would be if you draft Weeden, then you may be forced to double down on another QB prospect because of his age. So lets say he is drafted with out second rounder. Because he may be 30 by the time he starts, then you draft another QB in 5th or 6th round to develop.

I think we loose out on tannenhill.i look at it this way if i had mckoy as my starter there is no way i dont draft tannenhill and upgrade the qb.they have 2 first round picks so one is almost a free pick any way.why not grag the qb you have been looking at in this pass happy nfl and roll the dice on a speedy wr late 1st.its a win win for them and this is why i think the browns scare me

And on the other hand, they may look to select Weeden in the later pick ?? I don't know for sure, don't follow them, but I can tell you one thing, if Tannehill is the guy they select, Holmgren is sold on him. I'm not convinced about Tannehill, but I also don't think they will trade up. We have too many other holes to fill. I do, however, think that if Tannehill is there at 8, Ireland has to take him, if for nothing more than to appease his owner and the fan base...I'm not convinced that is the way to go, I think that is about 10 spots too high for him, but I think that is what will happen, if Tannehill is there for us....

I think the idea would be if you draft Weeden, then you may be forced to double down on another QB prospect because of his age. So lets say he is drafted with out second rounder. Because he may be 30 by the time he starts, then you draft another QB in 5th or 6th round to develop.

Not in our case...with MMoore and Garrard, we have two guys that between them may be able to step in should Weeden beat them out in tc or be anointed, and falter later in the year... If our QB situation were anything else, I'd agree. Even given that MMoore and Garrard are only on one year contracts...

I think it's a big risk to assume that Weeden is still going to be there later in the draft, especially if Miami uses it's #8 pick on another player instead of trading down. And if Weeden's gone, this team will be in the exact same position next year-- no franchise QB on the roster, mediocre record, no chance at the best QB prospects in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom