"I'm taking Ryan over Big Ben..." - Crowder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I'm taking Ryan over Big Ben..." - Crowder

Wildbill3

Onion Fetish
Club Member
Reaction score
“I don’t think Ryan Tannehill is going to peak this year and I’m saying he has a chance of making the Pro Bowl. He’s going to get better after this Pro Bowl year. He was a receiver five years ago. Now he’s a top half — if you don’t wanna say Top 10, let’s say top half, whatever number you want me to give him, Top 12 — quarterback in the NFL after playing quarterback for five years at the highest level of football. This man has a ceiling I don’t know if anyone understands.”
- no one except Hoops.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2015/08/25/crowder-im-taking-tannehill-over-Roethlisberger/

Tannehill keeps proving the doubters wrong every season... This year he adds the deep ball and the whining seeks a different angle

“I don’t think Ryan Tannehill is going to peak this year and I’m saying he has a chance of making the Pro Bowl. He’s going to get better after this Pro Bowl year. He was a receiver five years ago. Now he’s a top half — if you don’t wanna say Top 10, let’s say top half, whatever number you want me to give him, Top 12 — quarterback in the NFL after playing quarterback for five years at the highest level of football. This man has a ceiling I don’t know if anyone understands.”

I am going to need Rosetta Stone for this one.

Never liked Crowder, I knows this will sound wrong but...

most of the times he sounds just like a number of posters around here. :d-day:

crowder is actually really good with hochman

wasn't Ryan recruited as a QB to Texas A&M? he moved to WR but was always a QB. people act like he never played the position before and he's in his infancy as a QB.

It's a nice quote but silly, Ben is a future HOFer, why put more pressure on Ryan w/ such a statement?

wasn't Ryan recruited as a QB to Texas A&M? he moved to WR but was always a QB. people act like he never played the position before and he's in his infancy as a QB.

It's a nice quote but silly, Ben is a future HOFer, why put more pressure on Ryan w/ such a statement?

He only started 1 year at A&M as qb, was WR the rest of his time there.

Guys like Russell, Luck, RG3, all 4 year starters.

So yes tannehill had catching up to do in the NFL as a qb. Thats not even questionable.

He only started 1 year at A&M as qb, was WR the rest of his time there.

Guys like Russell, Luck, RG3, all 4 year starters.

So yes tannehill had catching up to do in the NFL as a qb. Thats not even questionable.

yes but he wasn't recruited as a WR, he couldn't beat out the QB they had and they took advantage of his athleticism which also provided him benefits of understanding fully what it is to be a WR which those other QBs do not. Do not forget he came into this ;league not having to learn a new system too.

yes but he wasn't recruited as a WR, he couldn't beat out the QB they had and they took advantage of his athleticism which also provided him benefits of understanding fully what it is to be a WR which those other QBs do not. Do not forget he came into this ;league not having to learn a new system too.

The qb A&M had was one of the top qb recruit in the nation, they weren't about to just bench him.

And don't even try to equate high school experience to college experience.

And yes he knew the offense well, but he still didn't have the practice reps or game reps at qb. You don't learn pocket presence by studying a damn play book. You need reps.

So yes, he had catching up to do, end of story.

The qb A&M had was the top qb recruit in the nation, they weren't about to just bench him.

And don't even try to equate high school experience to college experience.

And yes he knew the offense well, but he still didn't have the practice reps or game reps at qb. You don't learn pocket presence by studying a damn play book. You need reps.

So yes, he had catching up to do, end of story.
he got reps in practice, 2007 he redshird. 2008 he competed for the position and finished 3rd then was moved to WR. the next season he competed for the job and lost and went back to WR, he started a bunch of games the following season then became full time starter his senior year. he wasn't moved to WR then forgotten about.

Back
Top Bottom