"I'm taking Ryan over Big Ben..." - Crowder | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I'm taking Ryan over Big Ben..." - Crowder

yes but he wasn't recruited as a WR, he couldn't beat out the QB they had and they took advantage of his athleticism which also provided him benefits of understanding fully what it is to be a WR which those other QBs do not. Do not forget he came into this ;league not having to learn a new system too.

He only played QB for I think 18 games in college so when you compare him to say Luck it is reasonable to say he has less experience, and in his best year as a pro he learned a new system.

I love Ryan Tannehill, but IMO Big Ben is the second best QB in football and has a number of good years left in him. I don't think people appreciate just how good he is.

That said,
still a rapist

Do not forget he came into this league not having to learn a new system too.

He wasn't the only one. Colts brought in Hamilton for Luck and Wilson was Bevell's (also a Wisconsin QB) project whom catered the offense scheme to what he had in Wisconsin. Those factors greatly helped the 3 best QB's from the '12 class to transition to the pro game.

He only played QB for I think 18 games in college so when you compare him to say Luck it is reasonable to say he has less experience, and in his best year as a pro he learned a new system.

yes but he got to ease into the NFL in a system he knew and was comfortable with. he had 20 starts in college I believe and then kept growing in that same system the first 2 years. he was ready for new challenge last year, he wouldn't have been ready for that challenge as a rookie.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

He wasn't the only one. Colts brought in Hamilton for Luck and Wilson was Bevell's (also a Wisconsin QB) project whom catered the offense scheme to what he had in Wisconsin. Those factors greatly helped the 3 best QB's from the '12 class to transition to the pro game.

catering and running the same system are different but this is a fair point. Wilson had different advantage such as Lynch, Luck had much more talent to throw to.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

I love Ryan Tannehill, but IMO Big Ben is the second best QB in football and has a number of good years left in him. I don't think people appreciate just how good he is.

That said,
still a rapist

I'm with you. Ben is so underrated. Not sure he's #2 but outside of Brady and Rodgers I wouldn't take anyone else ahead of him.

Tannehill keeps proving the doubters wrong every season... This year he adds the deep ball and the whining seeks a different angle

This is exactly what I've been saying. He's fixed a major flaw each season. His rookie year, he got the ball batted down at the line of scrimmage all the time. 2nd year, he fixed it.

In his 2nd year, he had a fumbling problem. In year 3, he fixed it.

In both his first two years, if he had a bad first half, he usually had a bad 2nd half as well. In his 3rd year, If he had a bad 1st half, he made adjustments and had a decent or good 2nd half.

In year 3, he had trouble with the deep ball. In year 4...well, I'll let you guess how that's going to turn out...

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

He only started 1 year at A&M as qb, was WR the rest of his time there.

Guys like Russell, Luck, RG3, all 4 year starters.

So yes tannehill had catching up to do in the NFL as a qb. Thats not even questionable.

Not only was he a Wide Receiver, but an All-Conference Wide Receiver with a 1,000-yard season under his belt...

he got reps in practice, 2007 he redshird. 2008 he competed for the position and finished 3rd then was moved to WR. the next season he competed for the job and lost and went back to WR, he started a bunch of games the following season then became full time starter his senior year. he wasn't moved to WR then forgotten about.

Whats your point?

He wasn't a qb, he was a WR.

He had catching up to do. Stop trying to say it any other way.

You can't compare 1 season of experience with guys who had 4. Theres a bug difference there.

yes but he wasn't recruited as a WR, he couldn't beat out the QB they had and they took advantage of his athleticism which also provided him benefits of understanding fully what it is to be a WR which those other QBs do not. Do not forget he came into this ;league not having to learn a new system too.

He was moved to WR moreso because of their lack of depth there, than the fact that he couldn't play QB.

catering and running the same system are different but this is a fair point. Wilson had different advantage such as Lynch, Luck had much more talent to throw to.

Well said.

Summary: TanneThrill is just the motha ****in' man. :df81:

Whats your point?

He wasn't a qb, he was a WR.

He had catching up to do. Stop trying to say it any other way.

You can't compare 1 season of experience with guys who had 4. Theres a bug difference there.

he had more than 1 season of experience, you are downplaying how much experience he had to make excuses why he started out slower. Not every QB is ready to enter the league and light it up. it's not a knock on him to say it took a few years to get going.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Well said.

Summary: TanneThrill is just the motha ****in' man. :df81:

we'll see. we will learn a lot this coming season.

Back
Top Bottom