"I'm taking Ryan over Big Ben..." - Crowder | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I'm taking Ryan over Big Ben..." - Crowder

I'm with you. Ben is so underrated. Not sure he's #2 but outside of Brady and Rodgers I wouldn't take anyone else ahead of him.

I'd take Ben over Brady at this point, but I admit I'm incredibly biased and hope Brady finally falls off a cliff this year. Literally or figuratively. Either way.

I just find these debates so silly... Ryan is the #1 reason we have a positive opportunity to be a strong TEAM.

He's NOT a one man team. He's not a Marino. But he's the BEST QB we've had since...

The dude has done everything RIGHT since he came here. And we're fortunate to have his talent on our side.

End of story.

IMO.

Of course.

BNF.

he had more than 1 season of experience, you are downplaying how much experience he had to make excuses why he started out slower. Not every QB is ready to enter the league and light it up. it's not a knock on him to say it took a few years to get going.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

we'll see. we will learn a lot this coming season.

He never got a chance to win the position early in college. Jerrod Johnson was one of the top qb recruits in the nation, he was athletic, 6'5, and 245 lbs, he was recruited as the starting qb and was going to get his chance to develop.

Thats how it works with top recruits, just like in the NFL, with highly drafted QBs, they get there chance before the team moves on. This isnt rocket science.

Despite that tannehill was able to take the job from him anyway as a junior.

Yes tannehill was behind as a pro qb, yes it took him a few years to get going, that's what happens when you only have one full season as a college qb, splitting time as a WR while getting a degree in biology.

Yes, there's a lot more upside for him.

I just find these debates so silly... Ryan is the #1 reason we have a positive opportunity to be a strong TEAM.

He's NOT a one man team. He's not a Marino. But he's the BEST QB we've had since...

The dude has done everything RIGHT since he came here. And we're fortunate to have his talent on our side.

End of story.

IMO.

Of course.

BNF.
isn't all the stuff we discuss pretty silly? we talk about things other people can do that we cannot.

Ben is hot and cold. He threw 32 TD's last year 12 of them coming on back to back weeks vs crummy secondary's (Vontae Davis was knocked out of the Colts game) before being shut down by a crappy Jets secondary. Don't get me wrong finheaven would be creaming in there jeans if Tanny threw 12 TD's in 2 weeks but otherwise Ben's TD pass numbers were pretty average.

He never got a chance to win the position early in college. Jerrod Johnson was one of the top qb recruits in the nation, he was athletic, 6'5, and 245 lbs, he was recruited as the starting qb and was going to get his chance to develop.

Thats how it works with top recruits, just like in the NFL, with highly drafted QBs, they get there chance before the team moves on. This isnt rocket science.

Despite that tannehill was able to take the job from him anyway as a junior.

Yes tannehill was behind as a pro qb, yes it took him a few years to get going, that's what happens when you only have one full season as a college qb, splitting time as a WR while getting a degree in biology.

Yes, there's a lot more upside for him.

his redshirt soph year he finished 3rd in the QB competition. you can use Johnson but if it was just not being able to beat him out why did he finish 3rd?

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Ben is hot and cold. He threw 32 TD's last year 12 of them coming on back to back weeks vs crummy secondary's (Vontae Davis was knocked out of the Colts game) before being shut down by a crappy Jets secondary. Don't get me wrong finheaven would be creaming in there jeans if Tanny threw 12 TD's in 2 weeks but otherwise Ben's numbers were pretty average.
the same crappy Jets secondary that shut down Ryan twice?

his redshirt soph year he finished 3rd in the QB competition. you can use Johnson but if it was just not being able to beat him out why did he finish 3rd?

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Yes! I never said Ryan was better than ben just Ben's numbers were inflated by those 2 games. I remember it because after those 2 weeks fantasy football guys who had ben were licking there chops for the Jets game.

Because he was playing WR.

This is a very hard concept for you isn't it?

they moved him to WR after he finished 3rd in the competition.

There was no real competition, as I've mentioned multiple times Jerrod was always going to be the #1, everyone knew that.

Unlike you, I actually watch college football and understand it. Just like last year when I told you, you guys had one of the worst drafts in the entire class and You refused to believe it, id say that draft is looking every bit the disaster I thought it was.

It's like saying Cam Newton couldn't beat out tebow. Heck yeah he could beat out Tebow, Florida was never going to let him get that chance though. A&M was never going to give tannehill a starting qb job as a freshmen or sophomore.

There was no real competition, as I've mentioned multiple times Jerrod was always going to be the #1, everyone knew that.

Unlike you, I actually watch college football and understand it. Just like last year when I told you, you guys had one of the worst drafts in the entire class and You refused to believe it, id say that draft is looking every bit the disaster I thought it was.

It's like saying Cam Newton couldn't beat out tebow. Heck yeah he could beat out Tebow, Florida was never going to let him get that chance though. A&M was never going to give tannehill a starting qb job as a freshmen or sophomore.

Ryan Tannehill came to Texas A&M as a quarterback but he has been the Aggies’ leading receiver the past two seasons …

However, because Tannehill is such an excellent student – he is a two-time first-team Academic All-Big 12 selection, the Big Spring product will have a decision to make after this football season. A biology major with an eye on becoming an orthopedic surgeon, Tannehill is on schedule to graduate in May. Thus, if Tannehill wants to return for his senior season, he will have to enroll in graduate school.

Sherman, however, recognized Tannehill’s versatility. During his freshman year, Tannehill was the No. 3 quarterback behind Stephen McGee and Johnson. He quickly became a go-to receiver, leading the team and setting a Texas A&M record for freshmen by catching 55 passes for 844 yards and five touchdowns

http://thebiglead.com/2012/03/29/th...er-at-texas-am-to-potential-top-5-draft-pick/

After redshriting in 2007, Tannehill competed for the quarterback position under new coach Mike Sherman, but finished third behind Stephen McGee and Jerrod Johnson. As such, Sherman moved Tannehill to wide receiver.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2012/ryan-tannehill-the-unusual-path-of-a-1st-round-quarterback/

I don't recall ever debating our draft with you, I never pretend to know what our draft will look like down the road.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Really? He's going to lay awake at night worrying about the added pressure from Channing Crowder? Lulz.

No but once these comparisons start being made and he doesn't live up to them the fans and media start to get on players. he can have a great year and not be as good as Ben. it's a silly comparison.

Ben is hot and cold. He threw 32 TD's last year 12 of them coming on back to back weeks vs crummy secondary's (Vontae Davis was knocked out of the Colts game) before being shut down by a crappy Jets secondary. Don't get me wrong finheaven would be creaming in there jeans if Tanny threw 12 TD's in 2 weeks but otherwise Ben's TD pass numbers were pretty average.

Why do people continue to make the argument "if you take away his best games his numbers are average" NO ****ING ****

Take away a running back's two best games and his average goes down. Take away a quarterbacks two highest passing TD games and that average goes down. That is not an argument.

"Take away my right answers and my grade goes down"

"Take away these apples and...you have less apples"

"Take two large scoops of ice cream from a pint and there's less ice cream"

Get a real argument.

No but once these comparisons start being made and he doesn't live up to them the fans and media start to get on players. he can have a great year and not be as good as Ben. it's a silly comparison.

That's not what you said. You said Crowder's statement puts extra pressure on him...and it's a load of BS.

Nice try though.

Sorry but, no. When Ryan can lead this team to more than 8 wins and make some noise in the post-season, then and ONLY THEN, should we entertain such a foolish idea.

I'm taking Mr. Potato head over Ryan right now.

Back
Top Bottom