"I'm taking Ryan over Big Ben..." - Crowder | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I'm taking Ryan over Big Ben..." - Crowder

yes but he wasn't recruited as a WR, he couldn't beat out the QB they had and they took advantage of his athleticism which also provided him benefits of understanding fully what it is to be a WR which those other QBs do not. Do not forget he came into this ;league not having to learn a new system too.

A & M's coach was... wait for it... Mike Sherman.

That is so ironic; it hurts.

I said this yesterday lol and I believe it. big ben is overrated not to mention a rapist

Ben is incredibly underrated.

It's absolutely not in your best interest to challenge anyone to go through your post history. As many posts as you have, and as wrong as often as you've been, that would be a gold mine. Now that I think of it, We could create a thread and label it "Junc's greatest hits!". It would probably contend for thread of the year.

Edit: Post 300.

I challenge anyone to do it, the problem is more w/ folks who skim posts or see what other posters have posted about me than what I have actually posted.

I am glad I can inspire you to post though so you should thank me.

I love Tannehill but if there was an opportunity to swap, I would do it without hesitation. With Ben, I have no doubt that the Dolphins dethrone the Pats.

anyone not on this board would and that is NOT a knock on Ryan. Ben on Miami the last 2 years and you are a playoff team each year and would have had a chance to do some damage 2 years ago.

Coming out of college I'd take Ben in a heartbeat but at this point he's peaked in my opinion while Ryan is on the rise so I'd stay will our guy.

Homer talk I know but Tannehill's ceiling has not been determined. Plus our guy is sqeaky clean and Ben has a rapist history

Ben is in his prime, a place where you guys hope Ryan can get to but most likely won't b/c it's hard to be as good as Ben. ben has many years of high level football left in him.

A & M's coach was... wait for it... Mike Sherman.

That is so ironic; it hurts.

it's funny thinking back to when you hired Sherman and how his hire was celebrated by some folks on here but didn't Sherman inherit Ryan? wasn't he recruited by a previous coach?

First of all the original argument/conversation with Crowder wasn't a straight Tannehill v. Roethlisberger comparison choice I was listening to the radio when it started. The question posed to him was if you're starting franchise now would you take Tannehill and his upside or Ben and whatever he has left right now. The point being you may get 1 or 2 seasons of peak Roethlisberger at this point of his career, make a playoff appearance and have to start all over again QB hunting after 4 seasons. The prevailing thought being that Roethlisberger peaked etc. While Tannehill is trending up and while there is no guarantee of playoff appearance in the first 4 seasons you have to take the future of your franchise into account. Now that being said look at 1st 3 years of Roethlisberger vs. 1st 3 years of Tannehill they are eerily similar and Tannehill actually beating him outright in some categories both trend similar and this makes for a more equal comparison. The thing is Roethlisberger was given a golden ticket in his entrance to the NFL. Pitt had a world class defense and tremendous running game in Bettis and great receiving corps they were SB ready and they go on to win it all year one. Tannehill is born into the NFL a poor orphan raised by an organization of sharecroppers, who's career is sidetracked once from being a QB and yet he is comparable if not equal at both points in their career

First of all the original argument/conversation with Crowder wasn't a straight Tannehill v. Roethlisberger comparison choice I was listening to the radio when it started. The question posed to him was if you're starting franchise now would you take Tannehill and his upside or Ben and whatever he has left right now. The point being you may get 1 or 2 seasons of peak Roethlisberger at this point of his career, make a playoff appearance and have to start all over again QB hunting after 4 seasons. The prevailing thought being that Roethlisberger peaked etc. While Tannehill is trending up and while there is no guarantee of playoff appearance in the first 4 seasons you have to take the future of your franchise into account. Now that being said look at 1st 3 years of Roethlisberger vs. 1st 3 years of Tannehill they are eerily similar and Tannehill actually beating him outright in some categories both trend similar and this makes for a more equal comparison. The thing is Roethlisberger was given a golden ticket in his entrance to the NFL. Pitt had a world class defense and tremendous running game in Bettis and great receiving corps they were SB ready and they go on to win it all year one. Tannehill is born into the NFL a poor orphan raised by an organization of sharecroppers, who's career is sidetracked once from being a QB and yet he is comparable if not equal at both points in their career

Ben has many years of high level play left, we have to see if Ryan has any.

you can't compare their first 3 years, Ryan has been in a pass first system, it wasn't like that for Ben early in his career he took over a team that won 6 games in 2003 and led them to a 15-1 record(team was 13-0 w/ him as starter in reg season) and a trip to the title game then in year 2 a SB win. Ryan has attempted 630 more passes through 3 years than ben did in his firs 3 years so comparing #s doesn't really work.

bettis was at the end of his career, more a short yardage back when Ben took over. he averaged 3.6 YPC in the 2 years he played w/ Ben. he had Willie Parker in year 2 who was a HR hitter.

It's not fair to Ryan to try to compare him to Ben.

his redshirt soph year he finished 3rd in the QB competition. you can use Johnson but if it was just not being able to beat him out why did he finish 3rd?

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

the same crappy Jets secondary that shut down Ryan twice?

You guys should just let this clowns involvement in a thread roll right off your back. This is always the intention.....to "come in peace" and "see I'm saying somewhat neutral and harmless things" to then come up with the same diatribe over and over and over in every single thread. The intent is always to derail the thread to degrade RT.

You can't have an intelligent conversation with a person who holds a belief that Mark Sanchez is a great NFL QB.

Why does anyone care where Tannehill finished in the QB rotation 7 years ago in college? Right now he's a legit NFL quaterback and a freaking damn good one! What else matters...

You guys should just let this clowns involvement in a thread roll right off your back. This is always the intention.....to "come in peace" and "see I'm saying somewhat neutral and harmless things" to then come up with the same diatribe over and over and over in every single thread. The intent is always to derail the thread to degrade RT.

You can't have an intelligent conversation with a person who holds a belief that Mark Sanchez is a great NFL QB.

Why does anyone care where Tannehill finished in the QB rotation 7 years ago in college? Right now he's a legit NFL quaterback and a freaking damn good one! What else matters...

rather than attack me how about just attack my points?

the fact that you think I have called Mark sanchez a great NFL QB tells me all I need to know b/c those words have NEVER been posted or spoken by me.

try reading the discussion, I didn't just pull out the college stuff for fun. it was relevant to the discussion taking place.

whoa hold up Crowder. I do like Tannehill a lot as a QB and glad we have him but Big Ben was very successful right out of the gate. Tannehill has a looong way to go to be compared to the 2 time SB champion Big Ben.

the fact that you think I have called Mark sanchez a great NFL QB tells me all I need to know b/c those words have NEVER been posted or spoken by me.

try reading the discussion, I didn't just pull out the college stuff for fun. it was relevant to the discussion taking place.

Wow....just WOW! If you have ever had to read post after post of this guy defending the "outstanding" play of Sanchez...raise your hand

It won't matter how much sense you make or how good your argument is, these people will bash you just because you represent the jets lol.

On the Ryan over Ben argument...man, I'ts hard to compare, didnt Ben win a SB right off the bat on his first year? The dude is proven and has always been known to keep plays alive by moving and being hard to bring down. Ryan has played well and I'm very happy with his development, especially after so many years of mediocre QB play; I can only hope that he can be rightfully compared to Ben in the near future.

If you're taking Tannehill over Big Ben... You're taking marijuana over reality

Then you didn't pay attention to the reasoning

and...I would gladly take the former over the latter

When he wasn't wrestling alligators or getting in bar room fights.

Randy's shining moment was the London trip. "Do they speak English over there ?" he asked a reporter ... he was serious.

Ben has many years of high level play left, we have to see if Ryan has any.

you can't compare their first 3 years, Ryan has been in a pass first system, it wasn't like that for Ben early in his career he took over a team that won 6 games in 2003 and led them to a 15-1 record(team was 13-0 w/ him as starter in reg season) and a trip to the title game then in year 2 a SB win. Ryan has attempted 630 more passes through 3 years than ben did in his firs 3 years so comparing #s doesn't really work.

bettis was at the end of his career, more a short yardage back when Ben took over. he averaged 3.6 YPC in the 2 years he played w/ Ben. he had Willie Parker in year 2 who was a HR hitter.

It's not fair to Ryan to try to compare him to Ben.

So wait your blaming Tannehill for carrying the bigger burden of more pass attempts? While almost lapping Roethlisburger in yards years 1-3, how does that make sense? Tannehill had all the disadvantages and none of the perks of offense and that defense so that becomes the bad thing? Lol keep digging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom