"I'm taking Ryan over Big Ben..." - Crowder | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I'm taking Ryan over Big Ben..." - Crowder

So wait your blaming Tannehill for carrying the bigger burden of more pass attempts? While almost lapping Roethlisburger in yards years 1-3, how does that make sense? Tannehill had all the disadvantages and none of the perks of offense and that defense so that becomes the bad thing? Lol keep digging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's a different era, Ben's career high in pass attempts was 60 last year. In their 1st 3 season Ryan has more than a seasons worth of attempts over Ben. His #s SHOULD be higher- A LOT higher which they were not.

also, YPA for Ben through 3 years: 8.3
Ryan's 6.8

Ryan has played in safer offenses and has lacked the ability to get the ball down field.

we can look at any individual #s but Ben has been better and Ben was a difference maker for a SUPER BOWL team. a team that was 6-10(same record as Miami the year before Ryan) the year before Ben arrived.

I's not fair to Ryan to try to compare him to Ben.

Big surprise, the guy that defends the guy that knocks out women also defends the guy that rapes them.

it's a different era, Ben's career high in pass attempts was 60 last year. In their 1st 3 season Ryan has more than a seasons worth of attempts over Ben. His #s SHOULD be higher- A LOT higher which they were not.

also, YPA for Ben through 3 years: 8.3
Ryan's 6.8

Ryan has played in safer offenses and has lacked the ability to get the ball down field.

we can look at any individual #s but Ben has been better and Ben was a difference maker for a SUPER BOWL team. a team that was 6-10(same record as Miami the year before Ryan) the year before Ben arrived.

I's not fair to Ryan to try to compare him to Ben.

You do know the fact that Tannehill had more net yards but less YPA makes him the more efficient QB right? Roethlisberger played with friggin 3-4 HOF'ers his first year!

Ben Roethlisberger is unquestionably a better quarterback than Tannehill. If not for Brady or Manning, Ben would be getting recognition as a HOF caliber QB. Ben is an unbelievable quarterback.

Nobody is saying Tannehill is better than Roethlisberger for the 100th time that was never what Crowder was proposing. It was discussion on long term health of a franchise which evolved into how comparable Roethlisberger's stats where vs. Tannehill's and the similar trends. Year4 in Roethlisberger's career he throws up a MVP season this is Tannehill's year four the logical conclusion was that Tannehill was poised for a big year and no one even said MVP but that his natural growth arc was giving hope for a very good outcome. And yes it is ok to compare QB's who have similar trajectories to extrapolate a similar outcome it get done all the time is it exact of course ****ing not but it usually provides similar outcomes

You do know the fact that Tannehill had more net yards but less YPA makes him the more efficient QB right? Roethlisberger played with friggin 3-4 HOF'ers his first year!

3-4 HOfers that were 6-10 the year before him. and who are these 3-4 HOFers? Bettis who was at the end of his career and a short yardage back. the only other lock HOFer is Polamalu.

he had a talented team but he also was a difference maker, Ryan has not been a difference maker YET.

I hate these comparisons b/c it looks like I am bashing Ryan and I am not but he's nowhere near Ben.

I can't believe I'm going to agree with Chowder-head on this.

I believe all Shannon Chowder is saying is that based on the TWO QB's 1st three years in the NFL RT17 statistically did as well as Ben. And further when RT17 has a team around him, as Ben did day one in Pittsburgh we should see similar results for RT17 and the Dolphins.

I don't think for one second Chowder-head is saying RT17 is a better QB right now compared to Ben. Obviously if it was for one season and he had to choose between the TWO QB's Ben would easily be his choice for that one season. As I think most would also pick Ben in that scenario.

3-4 HOfers that were 6-10 the year before him. and who are these 3-4 HOFers? Bettis who was at the end of his career and a short yardage back. the only other lock HOFer is Polamalu.

he had a talented team but he also was a difference maker, Ryan has not been a difference maker YET.

I hate these comparisons b/c it looks like I am bashing Ryan and I am not but he's nowhere near Ben.

And HOF'er DC Dick LeBeau.

But coaches have no real impact. #QBwinz

You as some others are missing the point. RT17 hasn't had the team around him as Ben did his 1st 3 seasons in Pittsburgh. And with all that RT17 had similar individual results as Ben did his 1st 3 seasons in the NFL. Is RT17 as clutch as Ben is? Who knows RT17 hasn't been a similar situation as Ben was his 1st 3 seasons in Pittsburgh. Ben had a hell of a team around him that allowed him to shine in those situations. At times it seems to me it is far less likely someone can shine when they are surrounded by lessor talent.

You as some others are missing the point. RT17 hasn't had the team around him as Ben did his 1st 3 seasons in Pittsburgh. And with all that RT17 had similar individual results as Ben did his 1st 3 seasons in the NFL.

he has had talented teams that could have been playoff teams 2 of his 3 seasons. it's not like he had the 2007 dolphins or '96 Jets.

Nobody said that he was anywhere near Roethlisberger learn the what the argument originally was before engaging your tardboard

he has had talented teams that could have been playoff teams 2 of his 3 seasons. it's not like he had the 2007 dolphins or '96 Jets.

I totally disagree. RT17 hasn't had even remotely the type of talent surrounding him as Ben did his 1st 3 season in Pittsburgh. If you want to go there, that's your option.

And HOF'er DC Dick LeBeau.

But coaches have no real impact. #QBwinz

isn't it interesting how many SBs Dick won w/o Ben?

Pitt had a really good D, they were a D first team but you still need good QB play to win and going 13-0 w/ Ben in the reg season after going 6-10 the year before suggest he may have played a role in helping them get better. I know it's crazy to think that, anything to make Ryan look better than he actually is I guess. we'll even try to tear down a future HOFer for Ryan.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

I totally disagree. RT17 hasn't had even remotely the type of talent surrounding him as Ben did his 1st 3 season in Pittsburgh. If you want to go there, that's your option.

Ben had Hines Ward as a rookie, really good player. who else? check his weapons, tell me who else he had on offense?

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Nobody said that he was anywhere near Roethlisberger learn the what the argument originally was before engaging your tardboard

I get what he was saying but again he's still wrong. Ben is only 32, he has many years ahead of him of high level play and we don't know if Ryan will ever be a high level QB. we can think that and assume that but until it happens we don't know.

Back
Top Bottom