IMO We should focus on Defense in the draft. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMO We should focus on Defense in the draft.

Dee Ford? How does he fit in with Wake, Vernon, Jordan and Shelby. He simply is not what we need. I agree he appears to be a good player, but not what we need.

If you do anything on defense, we need linebackers. People have really only attacked Wheeler, but Ellerbe wasn't anything impressive either!

Overall though, we still need to fix the OL even more than we need defense.

Agree with most of that, but if our new LT comes as advertised we are all ready better than we were last yr, but at LB we are still terrible

RK TEAM YDS YDS/G PASS P YDS/G RUSH R YDS/G PTS PTS/G

27 Miami 5007 312.9 3567 222.9 1440 90.0 317 19.8

We cannot score enough points a game..been a problem for a while, IMO we need to keep trying to fix it.

And yet all the defense fetishist shills keep hollering for more of the latest and greatest flavor-of-the-month wharf-rat DL. It really gets old after a while. There are COLLEGE offenses out there that have better WRs and RBs than we do.

And yet all the defense fetishist shills keep hollering for more of the latest and greatest flavor-of-the-month wharf-rat DL. It really gets old after a while. There are COLLEGE offenses out there that have better WRs and RBs than we do.

...such as?

last years calamity of a draft wasnt enough for you? keep ignoring the offense and we'll be making the playoffs once in the next 13 years.... AGAIN!

I love the way the posters on this board want to follow the Dave Wannstedt approach to drafting. Even when the defense was more than good enough and the offense sucked Wannstache picked Jamar Fletcher and Eddie Moore instead of picking offense. Didn't anyone learn anything the first time??? To win at the top level in this league you have to be able to score 30 points a game. We're no where near that and you guys want to draft defense??? Incredible.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

...such as?

Florida State

Florida State

Riiiiight... That's just crazy to believe that a team of unproven COLLEGE kids would be a better unit than one full of veterans. Like c'mon man. Do you also believe the best college team would beat the worst NFL team?
That's the vibe I get. No doubt the offense needs addressed more than the defense but there are major needs on both sides of the ball. And drafting a receiver in 1st this year is not the answer, or a rb for that matter. TE you can make a case for I guess, Clay did a great job last year but offensively clearly we still need OL the most. Next up need wise is LB then probably S because we need a future replacement for Delmas. Jones could look great again if they let him roam but the linebackers we have aren't letting that happen

Arright.

Here's the thing: You're not THAT far off base. Anyone who shakes their head at you and "throws up their hands in disbelief" is way too full of themselves.

The first order of business is this: Protect. The. QB.

Beyond that, you can load up on D all you want. Look at the reigning Super Bowl champs. What do they have?

A good, not great QB.

A good OL.

A bruising RB.

A defense that was apparently dreamed up by Dante Alighieri.

That's...pretty much it. That's what you need.

I think we need to start looking at quarterbacks as well. Ryan is not showing signs of progressing to a franchise quarterback

Really.....I though he progressed very well. Increased his touchdowns, decreased his interceptions. Threw for 700 more yards, whilst having no o line or running backs.

I think you may be confusing mark Sanchez with Ryan tannehill...

Hahahaha, just saw Sanchez name has been auto corrected to buttfumble. Pmsl....

I think that we take the BPA at a spot in need. That be the o line and linebacker. I am confident that Moseley, Martin, XSF, and maybe Lewan may be available at 19. if none of those 4 are available, then we try and trade back 5 or so spots.

Riiiiight... That's just crazy to believe that a team of unproven COLLEGE kids would be a better unit than one full of veterans. Like c'mon man. Do you also believe the best college team would beat the worst NFL team?

Back in the day, and I'm talking way back in the day, the pre-season would start with a team of Rookie All-Star College graduates playing an exhibition against the previous year's NFL Champions. I don't remember the year, but there was a year when the Rookies beat the NFL Champions.

"A Team of Unproven College Kids"? FSU was the National Collegiate Champions and their QB won the Heisman. Their receivers weren't four guys randomly picked up from intramural frats. They were an excellent team of talented college receivers. And the Dolphins receiving corp two years ago was so bad that it is not out of the realm of possibility that you could envision an almost even comparison against certain of the better college teams.

Back in the day, and I'm talking way back in the day, the pre-season would start with a team of Rookie All-Star College graduates playing an exhibition against the previous year's NFL Champions. I don't remember the year, but there was a year when the Rookies beat the NFL Champions.

"A Team of Unproven College Kids"? FSU was the National Collegiate Champions and their QB won the Heisman. Their receivers weren't four guys randomly picked up from intramural frats. They were an excellent team of talented college receivers. And the Dolphins receiving corp two years ago was so bad that it is not out of the realm of possibility that you could envision an almost even comparison against certain of the better college teams.

1. "Back in the day" this is 2014

2. Unproven at the pro level bro, what you do in college does not guarantee nfl success. You're delusional if you think college receivers are better than our group. I mean if you took all of the best ones, Watkins, Evans, Benjamin, etc.. sure maybe but ... what dude? And you're bringing up 2 years ago when we had no Wallace, Gibson, and Matthews was a rookie.

we have nearly 2/3 of our money tied up in defense. you know that isn't going to cut it.

I think we need to start looking at quarterbacks as well. Ryan is not showing signs of progressing to a franchise quarterback

He has done all those things, except find a way to hit a wide open bomb to an excellent deep threat receiver who smokes double teams and the best corners in the league.

Can anyone really blame Ryan though? Bess and Hartline were his #1 and #2 in his rookie year LOL, if we're talking madden speed the best he knew was 87 speed and then gets 99 speed.

Easy throw he will get down. The his stats and team record change by 3-4 total wins. Pretty simple.

But its obvious mike wallace is bitter when he posted this, and has a right to be.

We need to keep our QB healthy. I was amazed at the play of the line. We gave up more pressure and sacks than our 1-15 year. We need Online. Fix the line we will do great things.
Keep building this team so we can reach Valhalla.

Need to draft an OT and Big RB that can block and catch. I agree we also need MLB, CB, and FS in draft too. That leaves 2 other picks left for depth. I think the first 5 rounds will be the five positions I mentioned here.

Back
Top Bottom