IMO We should focus on Defense in the draft. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMO We should focus on Defense in the draft.

I wouldn't hold my breath on 30 points or more per game
Set the bar at 20 pts or with luck maybe 25 pts per game

In the past 5 years teams have averaged 30 points a game or more 7 times
New England 2 times
New Orleans 2 times
Denver 2 times
Green Bay 1 time
All have future Hall Of Fame QBs...
I agree, with Andrew Luck we probably would be putting up 25 per game, but he isn't on our team. :sorry:

He didnt average that this season, how would he magically produce that here?

Indy averaged 25.4 per game.

Miami averaged 19.8 which shows we need to use most of our picks on OFFENSE.

SF at 24.7 and San Diego at 24.4 were the lowest scoring teams to make the playoffs.

Got to get to 25 a game if you want a chance

I agree, a guy like Calvin Pryor is what this team needs, especially after giving delams a 1year deal, and not having any guarantees on how long he will play until an injury comes.....defense is the way we should go but the NFL is all about politics. We are going to draft a o-lineman in round 1 just because this team fuked up sooo much in the past. so now we will do what the media want us to do and that a rt

I'm glad you're not Hickey. Our offense isn't anywhere near good enough yet.

Thank you. Being ranked in the 20's for passing, running and scoring isnt getting us anywhere.

This thread is better than our offense.....

but defense wins championship.....look at seahawks, other than lynch we match equally on offense in a way, but on defense our d is no where near lob

Indy averaged 25.4 per game.

Miami averaged 19.8 which shows we need to use most of our picks on OFFENSE.

SF at 24.7 and San Diego at 24.4 were the lowest scoring teams to make the playoffs.

Got to get to 25 a game if you want a chance

I was unaware Indy averaged that much..Thank you.

I was unaware Indy averaged that much..Thank you.

Indy averaged 24.4. Carolina was the lowest scoring team in the playoffs at 22.9, but were second in overall defense and points allowed (to Seattle). Agree however, we should be shooting for 25/ game if we want a very good shot at the playoffs and to be a consistent winner.

I think we should be drafting a playmaker in the first as it's highly unlikely a top tier OL falls to 19 anyway. TE or LB seems the most logical though I wouldn't pass on a top 10 guy if he falls to 19.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame

We still need 2 olinemen, we need to add another TE (redzone threat), maybe a late rd RB, and more WRs incase Hartline or Gibson wont be ready. The def needs the LBs to be improved, and #2 CB which should be either Finnegan or Taylor. S should be set baring any injuries, and Dline will be stout. Offense is sitll our priority. Maybe go Mosley rd1, RT in rd2, and Guard/TE in rd3.

offensive line-at least 2 picks please, I'd prefer a 7th round development guy as well personally, but definitely 2 picks
tight end
linebacker
running back
Safety
Wide receiver

Unless Dee Ford or Aaron Donald falls to the 2nd round pick, no thank you. They are potential studs, bud didn't we just watch Dion Jordan sit after being a 1st round pick? You want to take Dee Ford and have him behind Wake/Jordan/Vernon and possibly Shelby? No thanks, nor do I want to watch a DT sit behind Starks/Odrick/Mitchell and Francis.

I'm not saying I wouldn't take a dlineman late if you REALLY like a guy in the 6th or 7th round, but not before then....please, for the love of God.

Back
Top Bottom