Impending doom!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Impending doom!!

We could always tank like the Jets and bills and just let the division go to the patriots with no competition whatsoever. that way they'll be no excuses !! yeah that's right... that's what miami should do!! patriots you win the division again I say they should start printing up the shirts and hats right now.

I guess I understand fans liking a player like Landry, I like him too. What I don't understand is how everyone is so worried and freaking out over possibly losing him, yet at the same time are tired of their team underperforming.

I cannot run a NFL franchise but I do watch how the constantly successful teams operate and they don't over pay their players, especially a number 3 when your 2 makes 8 million a year.

Not one of the Dolphins ACTIONS the past few years has shown they intend to keep him. From trading away picks to acquire Carroo to all the other contract money given out, especially for Stills. I would not be surprised to see him traded.

I like that you at least titled your thread appropriately.

The good news: Finheaven feels like home again.

I still think our offense can be special, so if the defense can be decent at all we can make some noise.

Don't need to be charged to get suspended. The NFL will do their own investigation and make a decision based on what they find/don't find.

Exaclty- the Zeke letter emphasized that (the supposedly confidential one). He may not get the 6 games but probably getting something.

How many season ending injuries? :yawn

Coming from the Chargers (screw LA) this is nothing. From all of the o-line to the starting WR and TE, I would have taken this for the last few previous years.

I am in wait and see mode. ;)

All these season ending injuries are decimating our roster, and more importantly our roll over cap space for next year. Every time we add a new player that takes away roll over money for next year. And lessens our chances of keeping Landry, our own free agents and still be players in the FA market. With our current o-line and LBs we aren't going to win a Super Bowl, all we are doing is putting ourselves in future salary cap hell. At some point we all have to come to the realization that this is a plagued lost season and move on, and worry about the future.
We lost our QB(devastating) and a rookie LB,our season is far from over. As far as our cap situation, trust that the Dolphins know what we are doing, there are moves that can be made at end of the season to free up cap space.

All these season ending injuries are decimating our roster, and more importantly our roll over cap space for next year. Every time we add a new player that takes away roll over money for next year. And lessens our chances of keeping Landry, our own free agents and still be players in the FA market. With our current o-line and LBs we aren't going to win a Super Bowl, all we are doing is putting ourselves in future salary cap hell. At some point we all have to come to the realization that this is a plagued lost season and move on, and worry about the future.

Way too much drama in this post for a season that hasn't started yet.

IMHO, The thought that Cutler is better that #17 is way beyond wishful thinking. Look at his last 4 years. I think that losing #17 and not having consistency on the OL is the reason for the gloom and doom. We have no idea what's going to happen with the D and losing the MLB surely doesn't help, but you never know. Some of the needs were addressed and we have injured starters back, with a little seasoning, so the D might be a large upgrade for the end of last year's decimated squad. If they can hold until the O gets settled and in gear (it took 5 games last year) we could still have a decent season, albeit not like many of were expecting.

How is Landry suspended if he didn't do anything? I mean the baby momma signed the police report stating he did nothing to her

Ask Big Ben and Zeke Elliot how that works out. Not saying he will be, just saying ya never know in the NFL

If the FO and Gase didn't think we could win we wouldn't have signed Cutler. They do not see this as a lost season. Perhaps we get lucky and Brady blows a knee and Gronk. As much as I don't like Cutler, the reality is this team is doesn't win or lose based on QB play. QB isn't the reason we win / lose most of the time. Coaching, Running, ST and an improved D - we can still be a playoff team.

1) Offseason full of promise/optimism ends.
2) **** happens.
3) Rinse.
4) Repeat.

How do people not get how things work around here by now?

How is Landry suspended if he didn't do anything? I mean the baby momma signed the police report stating he did nothing to her

I don't think you've seen Goodell's track record of suspending players for being accused (not charged) with domestic violence.

I know it might seem that the Dolphins are headed towards salary cap hell, but there are plenty of options that they may explore. People aren't mentioning that Ja'Wuan James is tentatively on the books next year for $9,341,000 dollars, but if he is cut before the 2018 season, none of that is dead money.

If Eric Smith continues to play decent and improves, the Dolphins could possibly release James after this season, and roll with Sam young or Eric Smith as the starting right tackle next year, with the other as the backup swing tackle.

Freeing up that $9 million might allow the Dolphins to make a run at Landry, or keep Pouncey (some here have suggested he might be a cap casualty after this year), or possibly pursue some other needs in free agency.

Back
Top Bottom