Improved Offensive Line??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Improved Offensive Line???

BennySwella

We need better LB's
Reaction score
From my assessment the offensive line played great today. They went up against a great defensive line and held their own. The big question is... how? and more importantly what did they do to get this performance.

Say what you will about Gase but every time he cuts an olineman this team responds with a win.

Is this sustainable? Is Brock Osweiler that much better at feeling pressure and and getting rid of the ball quickly? Or did our oline dominate theirs?

From my assessment the offensive line played great today. They went up against a great defensive line and held their own. The big question is... how? and more importantly what did they do to get this performance.

Say what you will about Gase but every time he cuts an olineman this team responds with a win.

Is this sustainable? Is Brock Osweiler that much better at feeling pressure and and getting rid of the ball quickly? Or did our oline dominate theirs?

They played well today, Swanson is settling in.

Like when we were up 17-0 last week before Tunsil went out and turnstile Sam Young got us murdered.

It was a great performance by the OL, and no it wasnt just because of the qb because they did so much better at run blocking also. I have no idea why or how they turned in such a good performance but I hope this is a sign of things to come.

It’s only sustainable until you have run out of OL to cut

100% agree. Hard to pinpoint it but I will say that I think Swanson is playing better than Killgore. I'd love to see a comparison of their grades.

Tunsil is going to the pro bowl this year.

Tunsil is a beast. Give the guy a joint. He sure as hell deserves it.

Would love to see a breakdown of the OL in this game. Did the OL play that much better than usual or was it Brock recognizing the rush?

100% agree. Hard to pinpoint it but I will say that I think Swanson is playing better than Killgore. I'd love to see a comparison of their grades.

Tunsil is going to the pro bowl this year.

All you have to do is compare that play to the 3 or 4 whiffs by Sam Young last week. End of discussion. No need for anything further. Why is it so hard to understand? WTF does pocket presence have to do with it?

Just a general observation, want to see what everyone else saw as I have not visually verified......but it seems like Brock was setting up in the pocket a full yard (maybe more) than were Tannehill typically takes his drop. It kind of made it harder for the outside pass rush to tee off and we accounted pretty well for pressure up the middle. Osweiller is a full 3 inches taller at a very tall 6' 7, I think he can do this and still get a pass off over out stretched hands.

All you have to do is compare that play to the 3 or 4 whiffs by Sam Young last week. End of discussion. No need for anything further. Why is it so hard to understand? WTF does pocket presence have to do with it?
Has plenty to do with it. Once that internal clock goes off in a QBs head they must react to it. I’ve seen it plenty of times where Tannehill just stands there and takes the hit when he should have a feel for the rush and escape the pocket. This is not just one game like last week when Turnstile Young was in, it’s happened a lot in his career here.

Last edited:

There was 3 previous quarters that we had with Tunsil healthy and in the game, and we only mustered up 10 points and a hapless offensive performance. Let's save the excuses. Tannehill was dreadful with Tunsil in there, and completely unraveled without him.

Back
Top Bottom