In your opinion who's our DT and NT starters now | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In your opinion who's our DT and NT starters now

All a matter of perspective, I suppose.

A sovereign government with a policy of murder, genocide, forced displacement, etc?

I'm sure the native Americans were absolutely fine with the fate of every single trooper.
Oh, I agree, but the rank-and-file troopers were out there because it was a job. Many if not most were 1st generation immigrants and/or the offspring of poor working class types. They did not bear any particular inborn hatred for the red man. They were following orders. Most of what they'd been fed about their opponents was propaganda. The companies under Reno and Benteen were the lucky ones that day. Their immediate superiors were more pragmatic and had some common sense. Reno not so much, but he at least knew to get the hell out of there when A, M, and G were being outflanked on the flats. Benteen was the best officer in the 7th Cavalry and had he been in overall command we not be reading about Benteen's Last Stand in the history books. Had he been making the decisions when the situation before them was being discussed, he would have listened to Mitch Bouyer and waited for Terry and Gibbon. Even if it meant the Indians scattering and having to be tracked down again. He was not a glory hound like that fccking Custer.

True - although, as I recall, he was an effective commander.

At Bull Run he got in a hurry and left his super weapons (gatling machine guns) in the rear when he "got ahead of himself" and went ahead and attacked over the hill hoping to attempt to surprise his enemy. They were not surprised and the superior gun fire he desperately needed wasn't available when he needed it.

Lessons to be learned:
1) Hope is not a plan!
2) Speak softly but carry a big stick!

That should cover it. - LOL
He did some good things in the Civil War but against the Indians, we have the Battle (Massacre) of the Washita, which was the annihilation of mainly old people, women, and children. And his complete clusterfcck at the Little Bighorn.

IMO we need to add talent at this position, because all of this players except Sieler would be depth chart guys on others teams but in none case starters again JMO
Many people feel that most teams are short on OL and DL guys. Just not enough to go around. You also will have injuries further shortening the pool.
Depth guys and rotation guys will play a lot.
What would really help us is hitting big on some late round and UDFA guys.

The more I think about it, I can see Grier adding Hall, from Ohio State, or Orhorhorro at 55. Jones could be the NT for running downs with one of these guys providing more against the pass.

True - although, as I recall, he was an effective commander.

At Bull Run he got in a hurry and left his super weapons (gatling machine guns) in the rear when he "got ahead of himself" and went ahead and attacked over the hill hoping to attempt to surprise his enemy. They were not surprised and the superior gun fire he desperately needed wasn't available when he needed it.

Lessons to be learned:
1) Hope is not a plan!
2) Speak softly but carry a big stick!

That should cover it. - LOL
At the first Battle of Bull Run, Custer was just a 2nd Lt. He did not decide anything about the use of Gatling guns.

At the first Battle of Bull Run, Custer was just a 2nd Lt. He did not decide anything about the use of Gatling guns.
Wrong war - you got me. - LOL
Suitable for "Framing". - LOL
Due to the current political environment, a "dual entandre" was deemed appropriate. - LOL

The only Westerns that I liked half as much as Little Big Man were Dead Man with Johnny Depp and the comedy Hallelujah Trail.

Mr. Eastwood, never made a bad western. And his masterpiece Unforgiven, is one of the best films of that genre.
Never realy cared for westerns a great deal... I suspect that's why I like Westerns that are really something else-- comedy, art film, social commentary.

Fever, who is your favorite DT in the draft who would fit our scheme? I think we draft an athletic Pass Rush type and let Benito be our run stuffer.

Back
Top Bottom