In your opinion who's our DT and NT starters now | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In your opinion who's our DT and NT starters now

He also graduated last in his class at West Point. Not the sharpest of dudes.

FYI,

Little Bighorn, Montana Territory, U.S. Custer graduated from West Point and though he has been misleadingly characterized as an inept student for having been last in his graduating class, he actually finished thirty-fourth out of a starting class of one hundred and eight candidates.

So, there is that. - LOL

This next post should be fun to read. - LOL

Mulligan did a great job
. The whole movie was one of the best
My next-door neighbor through most of the 80s was the coolest old retired fellow who had just moved up here from Northern Cali. He was a Richard Mulligan doppelganger. He went by Slim. I'll always have very fond memories of good ol' Slim. When we put up hay during the summer, ol' Slim always volunteered to drive for me, while I bucked the bales. I was young and dumb and full of boundless energy then.
Little Big Man is my favorite Dustin Hoffman movie by far, and as you said Mulligan was just brilliant.
The scenes where Mrs Pendrake is bathing young Jack are hilarious.

The only Westerns that I liked half as much as Little Big Man were Dead Man with Johnny Depp and the comedy Hallelujah Trail.
Our tastes in Westerns, are mostly subjective. We like what we like. I consider most John Wayne westerns fairly middling at best. But on a slow afternoon, that is okay. But if the name Peckinpah is connected to a Western it will be high on my list. Just about any old western starring Robert Taylor, Audie Murphy or Randolph Scott will generally be held in higher regard than the Duke Wayne fare. That is not as much to belittle the Duke, but more for the regard I have for the others. Just never tell me you are a Western movie aficionado and then tell me how great The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance was. I'll just laugh at you. It is the most overrated drivel John Ford ever directed or John Wayne ever starred in. It fails on so many levels. When someone asks me to name my top 10, no Wayne movie is included and I do not make a conscious effort to leave them out. I can just easily think of 10 or more that IMO are better. To each their own.

Mr. Eastwood, never made a bad western. And his masterpiece Unforgiven, is one of the best films of that genre.
Unforgiven and The Outlaw Josey Wales are both top 5 westerns in my view. But no other Clint Western makes my top 10. My 3rd favorite Clint Western may surprise you, and it was Hang 'Em High, which is in my top 20 or so. I'm not crazy about any of the spaghetti westerns. YMMV.

FYI,

Little Bighorn, Montana Territory, U.S. Custer graduated from West Point and though he has been misleadingly characterized as an inept student for having been last in his graduating class, he actually finished thirty-fourth out of a starting class of one hundred and eight candidates.

So, there is that. - LOL

He graduated last in a class of 34. Those who washed out don't count in the total because they are not considered part of the graduating class.

I clicked on this thread pondering whether the OP consindered Seiler as a 3-4 DE as opposed to a 4-3 DT. I leave the thread generally thinking about making custard on Easter
Most of us seem to be assuming Weave will run a 3-4 as his base defense because his roots are with Rex Ryan, Mike Pettine, and Romeo Crennel who were 3-4 guys. In that case, Sieler would be one of the outside guys in the 3 man line, most of the time. If Weave crosses us up and uses a light box 4-2-5 as Fangio did most of the time, with a front of two standup OLBs and two DTs with their hand on the ground, then Sieler would be one of the DTs.
I'm gonna celebrate Easter with a big ol' juicy heavily marbled ribeye steak. The same standard table fare as any other day of celebration. I'll sear it in tallow, at max temp, and throw some cloves of garlic, cubes of butter, and sprigs of rosemary and thyme into the pan, for my aromatics.

Unforgiven and The Outlaw Josey Wales are both top 5 westerns in my view. But no other Clint Western makes my top 10. My 3rd favorite Clint Western may surprise you, and it was Hang 'Em High, which is in my top 20 or so. I'm not crazy about any of the spaghetti westerns. YMMV.
I’m very biased regarding Mr. Eastwood. My first film was with him.

Never realy cared for westerns a great deal... I suspect that's why I like Westerns that are really something else-- comedy, art film, social commentary.
Me either, but if you get the chance, check out the series 1883. Probably the third best series I’ve ever seen after Breaking Bad and the Sopranos.

FYI,

So, there is that. - LOL

I have to admit...you had me going for a bit. I thought you were serious, despite all the LOL's. You got me, Ray! 😂 Well done, sir!

Back
Top Bottom