**Inevitable throwback jersey super thread** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Inevitable throwback jersey super thread**

There's actually a rumor floating right now that the team is looking to go back to the throwbacks full time, as the five year mandatory period between uniform swaps is expiring.

Tom Garfinkel has dropped a couple of cryptic comments about this in the past.
Man I hope so. I would even be ok if we used the new logo with the throwback uniforms although I prefer the throwback logo. I’m just not a fan of our past two uniform/logo concepts.

I swear I must be the only one who dislikes the old uniforms and logo. For me it is just a bad cartoon and the dolphin looks ridiculous with that helmet.

As opposed to a tadpole looking like its back is getting broken whilst being squished like a fish?

I like the 70's uniforms and hope we go back to them. I also like the way we played back in the 70's and hope we go back to playing like that as well

Ozzy rules!!

The only real difference between the '66 throwbacks and the 70's unis is the pants striping....in '66 it was aqua/orange/aqua, but was changed the following year to orange/aqua/orange, and remained that way until 1986.

The dolphin in the old logo looks like it washed up on the beach and got cooked by the sun and shriveled up.

Yes I said it.

Still waiting for these.....

Nov_27_2003--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

2732972-cowboys-dolphins-11_27_2003.jpg

That uniform Taylor is wearing in the above photo looks great. I also like the shade of blue we used in the early 80s like in the Charger game with the hook and lateral play in 1981 or in the super bowl victory over the Vikings after the ‘73 season.

I like the new aqua (which is really aqua, and not teal), and I don't even hate the new logo. What I don't like about the new uniforms is just the construction of them. The "MIAMI" tramp stamp, and other things.

Just poorly designed uniforms in some respects.

Though to be fair, they're honestly not bad. Look at the new Bucs uniforms. Those are bad.

I like the new aqua (which is really aqua, and not teal), and I don't even hate the new logo. What I don't like about the new uniforms is just the construction of them. The "MIAMI" tramp stamp, and other things.

Just poorly designed uniforms in some respects.

Though to be fair, they're honestly not bad. Look at the new Bucs uniforms. Those are bad.

Miami has one of the better Nike uni designs actually. I'd put Minnesota and Seattle at the top, Miami third. The Browns and Buccs redesigns are revolting. But as you said, they are pretty bland. And the color just doesn't come off well on TV. Sometimes it looks like a damn highlighter.

I strongly believe they will redesign something that blends in the classic elements like shoulder stripes with the modern uni for the next redesign relatively soon.

Back
Top Bottom