info on camp today....good read | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

info on camp today....good read

Did not say much or did I miss anything. it said he felt Beck had a quicker release and that he did not look better than Beck out there. Did not seem to say much besides that or did I miss something. Last year people were calling Quinn a bust based on his first minicamp and he performed pretty well in preseason. i dont expect any player to wow me in thier first minicamp at qb.

and in camp last year beck made passes that they said no one else on this roster can, then in preseason he made a few of those and during the season as well. It doesnt matter what u did where its what he will do when the chance knocks. I think we are lucky to FINALLY have a debate on WHO OUR FUTURE QB WILL BE consdiering the past so many years we havent' had that chance b/c it was feeley or fiedler, gus a stop gap and green a stop gap with DC a mess of a situation. for once we are in a good position at QB arguments.

You know that feeling about a QB you get...That comfort none of has felt since......1999? I got it now after reading his interview and watching highlights of practice. He is a leader. That what strikes me first. He has started 4 years in HS and 4 years in college. Plus he trusts Jake Long.

I promise I have never been a Henne fan and wasn't overwhelmed with the pick. But i got that feeling Greyboy! That comfort when you got a real QB on the roster. Yeah.....it feels pretty good too.

IM DYING to feel that way too. However the way the QB position has gone with this team the last 10 years, I dont want to get too excited just yet. However the more I read about Henne today, I find it difficult not to lay a huge :woot:out there and start the Beck is a lock to be the clip board, cut, or traded threads.

Henne looked good today. I have a request... if you're going to praise Henne can you do it without attacking Beck in the process? It's good to be excited about a new player but we can be respectful of other dolphins players.

Henne looked good today. I have a request... if you're going to praise Henne can you do it without attacking Beck in the process? It's good to be excited about a new player but we can be respectful of other dolphins players.
You don't ask for much do ya? It would be nice to see this happen but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed.

and in camp last year beck made passes that they said no one else on this roster can, then in preseason he made a few of those and during the season as well. It doesnt matter what u did where its what he will do when the chance knocks. I think we are lucky to FINALLY have a debate on WHO OUR FUTURE QB WILL BE consdiering the past so many years we havent' had that chance b/c it was feeley or fiedler, gus a stop gap and green a stop gap with DC a mess of a situation. for once we are in a good position at QB arguments.

Well being that Cleo Lemon was our other roster qb at the time i think that statement was very true

"Receivers Davone Bess and Jayson Foster are super tiny, but they have the ability to adjust to the ball, and possess the quickness needed to separate. It's going to be hard to tell how they would do against real competition because I didn't notice anyone worth mentioning in the secondary."

This is why it was so surprising to me that we did not draft any help in the secondary. We better rush the passer like the 85 Bears because our secondary is an injury or two away from sandlot quality. Not upset at all at our draft given the lines were strengthened, but I have big concerns over the lack of quality secondary.

not surprised by the henne news as a michigan fan who watched him take the job from a junior as a true freshman

Good to hear our guys looked good out there today. Sure it may have only been the first mini-camp, but it's something to get excited about.

MAndo does Henne look better then Beck did at the start of his rookie camp?
5:40 PM
b16rounded-1.gif
Armando Salguero said... No, Henne doesn't look any better. Actually, I thought Beck had a quicker release.

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/2008/05/early-report-from-first-dolphins.html

You just killed the Hennemen Fantasies!

Henne is used to playing in a stadium with over 100k people, you have to be loud.

Than all of Miami should hear his voice since he only has to compete with about 5,000 fans in the stands at Dolphin Stadium.

But Henne sure is loud, and we know loudness is a sign of being a great QB. I mean, surely it translates, right? Cause and effect?

I know lots of loud people who SUCK at what they do. And I recall hearing Beck loud and clear during games, and that was on TV. So, comparrisons based upon voice are kinda useless, dude.

Hey man people used to believe that flies came from rotten meat.

"Receivers Davone Bess and Jayson Foster are super tiny, but they have the ability to adjust to the ball, and possess the quickness needed to separate. It's going to be hard to tell how they would do against real competition because I didn't notice anyone worth mentioning in the secondary."

This is why it was so surprising to me that we did not draft any help in the secondary. We better rush the passer like the 85 Bears because our secondary is an injury or two away from sandlot quality. Not upset at all at our draft given the lines were strengthened, but I have big concerns over the lack of quality secondary.

ur tellin me. its as bad as last year almost. w/e tho b/c positions like taht wont be addressed until netx year and the year after. the first year or two is about lines and LBers.

Well being that Cleo Lemon was our other roster qb at the time i think that statement was very true

So Trent Green wasn't on the roster?

You can put Lemon down; but when he played the team looked like an nfl team; when beck played, the team looked like a junior high. Beck may be your choice for obvious reasons and that is why the dolphins are in the hell hole they are in now. I know if one of these qbs manage to complete a pass, they will be crowned pro bowlers.

So Trent Green wasn't on the roster?

You can put Lemon down; but when he played the team looked like an nfl team; when beck played, the team looked like a junior high. Beck may be your choice for obvious reasons and that is why the dolphins are in the hell hole they are in now. I know if one of these qbs manage to complete a pass, they will be crowned pro bowlers.

Trent Green was not here until June. I admit Lemon outplayed Beck which I think is slightly sad but Beck was rookie. Henne is my choice and I am very glad Cleo is not on the team anymore.

Back
Top Bottom