Inside Dish: Miami made a steal by adding Searcy | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Inside Dish: Miami made a steal by adding Searcy

I think Nails lowest weight was 350 in Buffalo. There is some really good food in Buffalo though. You have wings, kielbasa, etc. Also, Miami is a warmer, muggier climate which will make a person sweat more and keep their weight down.

By the way Bod -

Nails hasn't been on the Bills in 2 years. just thought you'd wnat to know that he couldn't make our team & I'll admit that our line sucked this past year. He'll probably start for you guys though!

Originally posted by fthefish11
By the way Bod -

Nails hasn't been on the Bills in 2 years. just thought you'd wnat to know that he couldn't make our team & I'll admit that our line sucked this past year. He'll probably start for you guys though!
he was out of football last year after showing up at Fins camp at 400 lbs. He's a new smaller man and should provide a good backup at OG. :D

Just so you know......Nails is down to 345lbs right now. He'll make the team. And if he does get to play against Buffalo, I'll bet he blocks the living hell outta those Bills up front.

FYI - I read somewhere that when Nails was RG and Spriggs was RT, the Bills averaged something like 5.0 ypc to that side. Again, I don't have a link, so I can't prove it. But it was something I read a few months back.

Nails has worked hard, and is trying to earn a spot. He didn't make our team last year but has worked really hard to get his weight down to 340. He has really quick hands and with his weiht down, his mobility is sure to improve. How much? who knows, but it can't be any worse.

Thank you bronx bills, you are obviously a fan, unlike another unnamed, uniformed fan contributing to this thread who doesn't share your knowledge of your team.

If one guy can remember a weight for your team, most of you should!

LOL I apologize. I'll go home tonight & memorize weights of eveyone on the training camp roster....Just in case you need vital stats like these anymore!

LOLOLOL

The fact that I didn't know Nails' lowest playing weight in b-lo doesn't make me a fan, but the fact that I know he sucks & he's on your team......... makes me sound more intelligent than any of you who thinks he's going to see the field, let alone make an impact on your team! Thanks! I'm out!

fthefish11 why dont you just go back to your board you act worse then most children or teenagers these days grow up and be a man

Two Pro Bowlers on Right Side this year?

If Searcy is as good as I'm hearing, and is looking like he did in years past, he will do nothing but make our whole OL better,......especially Todd Wade.
We might see two Pro Bowlers lining up to each other on the right side Dolfans with Searcy at RG and Wade at RT. I thought this would be Wade's breakout year anyway, but now I'm EXPECTING great things on that side of the line.
I still favor seeing Dixon move to LT, where he has played in tyhe past. I think the less contact for him the better for us he'll be. Let McKinney, Perry, and Nails battle for the LG spot and have Brent Smith backup the OT's on both sides.

LT- Dixon
LG - Perry
C - Ruddy
RG - Searcy
RT - Wade

Thats my line right now.........

Outside of football, exercising, drinking, gambling, and work I don't do a whole lot with myself so remembering things like Jamie Nails weight is of paramount importance. He's not too slender, but I did like him as a backup with the Bills.

Wasn't Nails voted KFC (not AFC) lineman of the year ?...No, wait it was Krispy Kreme...hang on...Sizzler? Nope, i think it was Cracker Barrel.

Actually, sounds like he's the new "Jarrod" from subway. I always wondered how that "subway diet" worked until my pal told me that you have to take your subs in a suppository format.

Comparison that should make sense:

Norman Hand, probowl DT was also overweight early in his career. He, like Nails, say the light at the end of the tunnel, got his weight down, and turned into one of the best DTs in the NFL.

Does that mean Nails will become an all-pro OG? no, but it means that his ability will be better used with lower playing weight and commitment.

Bet you wish you had an overweight "sucky" Norman Hand now don't you?

Players change dude, so you just saying "i know he sucks..." ya, you're an expert alright.

Nails walks into Savannah in South Beach & tells the waiter "I'm on a diet...I have to watch my girlish figure."
Nails orders;
"I'll have the chef's salad with a side of Tofu..."
"And a side of beef!" :goof:

Bodzilla29, I like the Norman Hand comparison. Being cut by the Dolphins was the thing that motivated him to become a better player. Let's hope that last year provides the same thing for Nails. He doesn't have to become and all pro, he only has to provide depth.

Originally posted by fthefish11
LOLOL

You guys crack me up. It's pretty sad w/ all these posts about Nails, Edwards, Searcy. Come on guys! Nails couldn't even cut it in Buffalo w/ how poor our line was a couple years ago, Edwards even if he is healthy won't see the field, & Searcy's gonna be on the DL all season!

SEARCY WILL BE A BETTER OL FOR US THIS YEAR THAN MIKE WILLIAMS WILL BE FOR YOU THIS YEAR. WATCH AND SEE.

HIS LEADERSHIP ALONE HAS MADE HIM A VALUABLE PICK, AND ALL THE CAMP REPORTS SAY HIS ARM IS READY AND HE LOOKS TO BE IN PRO BOWL FORM. WE'LL SEE SOON ENOUGH.........I GUESS IT'S OK TO BANK ON A ROOKIE THATS OVERWEIGHT WITH A BAD KNEE BUT NOT OK TO HAVE HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR SEARCY.

Back
Top Bottom