Insider Allbright has Miami taking Smith #3 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Insider Allbright has Miami taking Smith #3

01a.gifv

I heard something interesting on a podcast recently where they said if the Dolphins think that 1 of Jackson/Hunt are really good, it may keep them from using 3 overall on Sewell because down the line you may have to pay 2 expensive tackles within 12 months of each other.

We desperately need a #1 receiver. In my mind you have 2 options

A. Take Devonta Smith at 3

B. Trade with Carolina, go to 8 and take whichever of Smith/Chase/Waddle the Eagles don't take.

So is having Carolina's 2nd this year and 1st next year worth the potential of dropping from Smith to Waddle.

Crazy option 3

Trade down to 8.

Take Waddle 8.

Trade UP from 18 using that 3rd 2nd round pick.

Take Pitts as big physical guy (ahead of NE presumably)
Big picture looksee on those tackles.

Indeed, 2 WRs or a WR and Pitts.

Best though would be 2 WRs ~and~ Pitts.

Oooo, I make me moist.

He is very connected and had the 2nd most accurate mock draft last year.

Having an accurate mock draft has nothing to do with being connected.

Remember, this is the time of smokescreens. There were reports of EVERYTHING for the Dolphins last year.

Anyone thinking they know Miami's intention for the draft in January is merely speculating.

Allbright definitely isn't the first guy I'd go to about draft scoops.

Big picture looksee on those tackles.

Indeed, 2 WRs or a WR and Pitts.

Best though would be 2 WRs ~and~ Pitts.

Oooo, I make me moist.

Realistically I think we can make this happen with a little trading up and down: Pitts, Smith/Chase/Waddle, Williams, Dickerson and Elijah Moore. That basically fixes your O throw a bone to he D with the other picks and pick up a Parker/Williams type wideout late on like Grimes/Imatohoberhe (sp?).

All depends on Watson. If we get him, no Smith.
At this point, trying to put together a mock might be fun, but it is pointless.

If we trade for Watson, our needs change dramatically.

Left-handed Tua NEEDS a RT with dancer's feet. Watson doesn't, he needs his best pass protector on the Left side, and I think Austin Jackson will grow into that role. Likewise... if we have Watson, Robert Hunt fits as a run-blocking Right Tackle who is on our QBs front side. With Watson, we need a Center and a replacement for Flowers in 2022 or 2023.

Both guys can use at least one more receiver, but I suspect that Tua needs one more than Watson does. Watson might be plenty happy with our tall jump ball receivers... just like Fitz was. Add in Wilson or Hurns (or both) for one more year, and Watson would have a pretty good group.

The draft pick loss that Watson would cause might not matter a bit.

One last thought with Watson... there would be a line of NFL WRs begging to come to Miami through FA or trade... we might not get a Hopkins THIS year, but with Watson... they would come eventually.

Until this is resolved... I think Mocks are even sillier than they usually are.

Last edited:
The kid from MN also looks like a great consolation prize.

Reminds me too much of DVP, but less athletic.

After the top 3 receivers I'm not in love with this wide receiver class.

I like the kid from USC, as well as Kadarius Toney from UF. Elijah Moore from Ole Miss I have a feeling is going to start shooting up draft boards.

Which is why Miami needs to seriously figure out whether they want to go big in the FA market at receiver, and maybe take a receiver in the second or third round, or if they want to sign a guy like Corey Davis or Curtis Samuel and draft one of the top 3 receivers.

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on signing Samuel in FA an drafting Smith. The fact he's previously played with Tua may be too good to pass up.

Same goes for Najee at 18. You'll be passing up some great defensive talent at 18 but getting Tua as comfortable as possible, as quickly as possible, is the main goal.

Will Miami go Buffalo style offense?
Draft Smith.
Will Miami go power run offense?
Draft Sewell.

Reminds me too much of DVP, but less athletic.

After the top 3 receivers I'm not in love with this wide receiver class.

I like the kid from USC, as well as Kadarius Toney from UF. Elijah Moore from Ole Miss I have a feeling is going to start shooting up draft boards.

Which is why Miami needs to seriously figure out whether they want to go big in the FA market at receiver, and maybe take a receiver in the second or third round, or if they want to sign a guy like Corey Davis or Curtis Samuel and draft one of the top 3 receivers.

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on signing Samuel in FA an drafting Smith. The fact he's previously played with Tua may be too good to pass up.

Same goes for Najee at 18. You'll be passing up some great defensive talent at 18 but getting Tua as comfortable as possible, as quickly as possible, is the main goal.
Sign Allen Robinson, draft devonta smith. Your WR group could look like this, Robinson, dvp, smith, Albert Wilson, grant and Preston. Not bad.

I heard something interesting on a podcast recently where they said if the Dolphins think that 1 of Jackson/Hunt are really good, it may keep them from using 3 overall on Sewell because down the line you may have to pay 2 expensive tackles within 12 months of each other.

We desperately need a #1 receiver. In my mind you have 2 options

A. Take Devonta Smith at 3

B. Trade with Carolina, go to 8 and take whichever of Smith/Chase/Waddle the Eagles don't take.

So is having Carolina's 2nd this year and 1st next year worth the potential of dropping from Smith to Waddle.

Crazy option 3

Trade down to 8.

Take Waddle 8.

Trade UP from 18 using that 3rd 2nd round pick.

Take Pitts as big physical guy (ahead of NE presumably)
I like Pitts, but I don’t see him as a viable target. It would be one thing if he magically fell to us at 18 (which won’t happen). I just don’t see us trading (at least) 2 premium picks to move up in the first and select a TE when our group is already above average. I think we’d be more likely to trade up if Waddle, Chase or Smith falls. You could add Parsons and Slater to that as well.

Back
Top Bottom