Insider Allbright has Miami taking Smith #3 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Insider Allbright has Miami taking Smith #3

Realistically I think we can make this happen with a little trading up and down: Pitts, Smith/Chase/Waddle, Williams, Dickerson and Elijah Moore. That basically fixes your O throw a bone to he D with the other picks and pick up a Parker/Williams type wideout late on like Grimes/Imatohoberhe (sp?).
I hope your D isn't a dog or cat; they'd choke on that day 3 bone.

Having an accurate mock draft has nothing to do with being connected.

Remember, this is the time of smokescreens. There were reports of EVERYTHING for the Dolphins last year.

Anyone thinking they know Miami's intention for the draft in January is merely speculating.

Allbright definitely isn't the first guy I'd go to about draft scoops.

Hes connected throughout the league. he broke the deal that got us Kiko.

Hes not a armando.

Pitts will wind up in the top ten...

Somebody will take Najee before our first second rounder.

Smith at 3 is maddening...

He is very connected and had the 2nd most accurate mock draft last year.

Brings up an interesting thought experiment. GMs, looking for every advantage, read his "2nd most accurate" mock and use that as a guide (I DIDN'T say 'rule'). Have 31 GMs (or less) penciled in Smith at #3 for Miami? Do they pencil in every team picking before them?

Personally, I doubt it. Teams have their strategists/analysts on staff who monitor other teams. It's the fans who hang on every mock, even before FA, before the combine/interviews/rumors/trades. Could he be right? Sure. But we all know mocks will change 100 times before draft day

I like Smith. But Chase needs to really be considered as well. I think a lot are higher on Smith due to having not seen Chase light it up in a year. I enjoy the trade talks but realistically, we need our own plan as who knows if someone like CAR isn't happy to just sit there and not trade up to 3 which is a pretty pricey move?

I like Smith. But Chase needs to really be considered as well. I think a lot are higher on Smith due to having not seen Chase light it up in a year. I enjoy the trade talks but realistically, we need our own plan as who knows if someone like CAR isn't happy to just sit there and not trade up to 3 which is a pretty pricey move?
I like Chase too but CK’s analysis of his performances against better corners in the draft forum has me a bit concerned. We need a true separator.

I like three receivers so far, Smith, Waddle and Chase

Big picture looksee on those tackles.

Indeed, 2 WRs or a WR and Pitts.

Best though would be 2 WRs ~and~ Pitts.

Oooo, I make me moist.
excellent run of posts my friend, I think I have you down for three laughs out loud, and one like. A most positive review! I especially enjoyed your second post :-) I have to admit I too like all three of those receivers Art must be psychic!

At this point, (obviously things can change), I expect that Smith and Pitts will both go in the top 10. That makes it very difficult and unlikely to be able to get both.

I like Pitts, but I don’t see him as a viable target. It would be one thing if he magically fell to us at 18 (which won’t happen). I just don’t see us trading (at least) 2 premium picks to move up in the first and select a TE when our group is already above average. I think we’d be more likely to trade up if Waddle, Chase or Smith falls. You could add Parsons and Slater to that as well.

we’re above average, but Pitts/Gesicki goes to being the best tandem in the league

I would only trade down if next year's first rounder is involved. Smith just looks too special. He makes SEC corners look like boys. Made Wade from Ohio st look silly.
Depends what the offer is. But, yeah I really want Smith.

Back
Top Bottom