Insider Allbright has Miami taking Smith #3 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Insider Allbright has Miami taking Smith #3

I take it you don’t ever plan on being able to run the ball with any consistent success
Well if you had Pitts and Gesicki, you could certainly use the pass to set up the run and Pitts is a pretty effective run blocker from a lot of cut-ups I've seen.

Carolina is a perfect trade partner for us. We drop to 8 and we’re all but guaranteed to get 1 of JaMarr Chases DeVonta Smith Jaylen Waddle or Micah Parsons.

Yes if the only thing they offered is their 2022#1 yes I take it and don’t think twice. But I think we’d probably get a sweetener to like a 4th thrown in. But yes yes yes a million times yes.
I agree accept I think they could get even better than the extra 4th. Miami will likely have competing bids for that pick and could use that to squeeze Carolina. I mean, is Carolina going to balk because Miami insists on a second rounder instead of a 4th? That's what I would push for. Having three second rounders gives Miami all kinds of flexibility.

After doing some research, very rarely in the past 10 years have any receivers taken in the first round made it to the Super Bowl at any point after they were drafted. I think maybe DeMarius Thomas w/ Denver, N'Keal Henry with New England (they went the same year he was drafted and he was a non-factor on the team), Nelson Agholor with Philly, and Sammy Watkins (and he went with the Chiefs, not the Bills) are the only ones. There might be one that I missed.

Additionally, the only WR taken at 3 or above in the last 15 years or so was Megatron, and he was a physical freak. That history, coupled with Smith's size, and there is no freakin' way I'd take him at #3. Trade out of the pick and maybe take him, Chase, or Waddle a little later, or take Sewell to protect your future if you stay at 3.

Last edited:
Yeah it's common practice to tip your hand in January who you are going to pick in April time.
Everyone knew we wanted Tua 2 years ago but on draft day 2020 many people still had us picking Herbert. Sometimes just accept what is right in front of your face

Reminds me too much of DVP, but less athletic.

After the top 3 receivers I'm not in love with this wide receiver class.

I like the kid from USC, as well as Kadarius Toney from UF. Elijah Moore from Ole Miss I have a feeling is going to start shooting up draft boards.

Which is why Miami needs to seriously figure out whether they want to go big in the FA market at receiver, and maybe take a receiver in the second or third round, or if they want to sign a guy like Corey Davis or Curtis Samuel and draft one of the top 3 receivers.

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on signing Samuel in FA an drafting Smith. The fact he's previously played with Tua may be too good to pass up.

Same goes for Najee at 18. You'll be passing up some great defensive talent at 18 but getting Tua as comfortable as possible, as quickly as possible, is the main goal.
As a Florida fan, I would love to see Kadarius Toney on our roster. That kid is a heckuva playmaker in several aspects of the game.

WTF is up with these posters that want to draft a TE when there are 5 other positions of needs. I get the Gator fans that think Pitts is great but he is a poor blocker and we already have that in Gesicki. They will never draft Pitts in the 1st round. This team needs a WR, RB, OL, Edge rusher and LB.
Trading back with Carolina/ Detroit makes the most sense unless they think Sewell is far better than Slater.

WTF is up with these posters that want to draft a TE when there are 5 other positions of needs. I get the Gator fans that think Pitts is great but he is a poor blocker and we already have that in Gesicki. They will never draft Pitts in the 1st round. This team needs a WR, RB, OL, Edge rusher and LB.
Trading back with Carolina/ Detroit makes the most sense unless they think Sewell is far better than Slater.

I think people are drafting him as a WR, but he's a good run blocker and can do a job in line with being dominant. It would save us paying Gesicki too. I'm ok with it our evaluation agrees that he's a unique talent that doesn't come along every year.

I think people are drafting him as a WR, but he's a good run blocker and can do a job in line with being dominant. It would save us paying Gesicki too. I'm ok with it our evaluation agrees that he's a unique talent that doesn't come along every year.
This team needs true WRs not a converted TE that has no quickness or ability to separate and get deep. This team already has slow, big WRs that cant separate in Parker and Williams who are always hurt. They need WRs than can create big plays and get YAC.

This team needs true WRs not a converted TE that has no quickness or ability to separate and get deep. This team already has slow, big WRs that cant separate in Parker and Williams who are always hurt. They need WRs than can create big plays and get YAC.

I don't disagree about the need for YAC and separation. There are guys in 2nd round like Elijah Moore, Eskridge and Toney who we should be going for regardless.

But if they are looking 12 months ahead and thinking Gesicki´s not our guy - guys like Pitts don't come around very often.

Couple questions...Carolina offers you #8 and 2021 1st rounder...

1. Do you accept? If so, who do you think might fall off the board by the time #8 rolls around?
2. If you don't, whats your expected counter/what could work?
3. What would SF have to offer to get you to go all the way to #12, assuming you have the offer from Carolina as well?
Need to throw in a 2nd, 2022 or 23.

After doing some research, very rarely in the past 10 years have any receivers taken in the first round made it to the Super Bowl at any point after they were drafted. I think maybe DeMarius Thomas w/ Denver, N'Keal Henry with New England (they went the same year he was drafted and he was a non-factor on the team), Nelson Agholor with Philly, and Sammy Watkins (and he went with the Chiefs, not the Bills) are the only ones. There might be one that I missed.

Additionally, the only WR taken at 3 or above in the last 15 years or so was Megatron, and he was a physical freak. That history, coupled with Smith's size, and there is no freakin' way I'd take him at #3. Trade out of the pick and maybe take him, Chase, or Waddle a little later, or take Sewell to protect your future if you stay at 3.
Nonsense. Prime example for junk stats.

I give a you a better stats. 95% of the murderers have eaten tomato one month prior the murder act. The stats shows a strong corolation between tomato and murder. That is exactly like your silly argument.

Give me a stats that in last 20 years a LT taken in first three picks has taken his team to win a SB in his first three years? You can't. I can frame my argument too, just like you did. I just made your post look ridiculous. Do better next time.

Sewell = waste pick

Last edited:
You clearly have no idea what Kyle Pitts is, or seen any of his tape. I've watched every single snap of his as a Gator.

Firstly the Kid can block, where on earth did you read he couldn't, he's just not asked to do it a lot because he's so damn good in other areas.
Secondly he's not a converted TE to WR, he's a receiver you can line up literally anywhere and he will create a match up nightmares, he can also block men way bigger than he is. He is not your typical TE because he has all the skills require dfor an elite prospect at WR too.

He's a freak of an athlete, a rare talent that you simply can't find in many drafts, the 3ypc guys in their latest pod described him a the best TE prospect to come out in many a year. And it's difficult to argue with that. Tua needs weapons, Gesicki isn't consistent enough, especially with Tua throwing him the ball to hang your hat on and give him a huge wedge of cash next season when his contract is up. The league is all about creating mismatches, and everyone who watched college football last year described Pitts as the biggest mismatch in the country. Passing on him could be a huge mistake especially if he goes at 15 to a team we have to play twice a year.

IMO you don't let this kid get past you and after a trade back to no lower than 10 you grab him, you can get WRs in the 2nd and 3rd that will help you out too but you won't get another Pitts in this or any other draft for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom