Reaction score
This from NFL Insider ...

Packers look like best fit for Knight
By Darrell Trimble
NFL Insider
Send an Email to Darrell Trimble Wednesday, May 7
Updated: May 7
3:28 PM ET

The Miami Dolphins have made an offer to free-agent safety Sammy Knight, but it's not close to the kind of money he'd like to receive. The Dolphins want to sign him to a deal worth closer to the league minimum ($530,000), but Knight just opted out of a contract in New Orleans that would have paid him about $1.9 million this season.

"Obviously, we're talking about a football player who was a starter last year who opted out of a big contract," Wannstedt told the Miami Herald. "We would like to have him on this team, but we have to do something we can afford. Right now, we're not there on either end."

The Dolphins have strong interest in Knight to compete for playing time at free safety or strong safety against Brock Marion and Arturo Freeman. The Green Bay Packers are interested in Knight as well, though they aren't believed to have offered much more than Miami. But if Knight is forced to sign a below-market deal, he'll want to do it for a team that will give him a chance to start.

In Green Bay, he would likely have the starting job handed to him. He would start in place of strong safety Marques Anderson, whose play regressed in the last two months of last season.

Anderson's backup is Antuan Edwards, and while he is talented, his injury history makes him a question mark. Plus, Anderson is currently sidelined with a pulled hamstring, and while there is a chance that he could be ready for the June minicamp, there's no guarantee. Add to that the fact the Packers didn't draft a safety, and you have a perfect situation for Knight.

Gary Uberstine, Knight's agent, didn't discuss his client's contract talks in detail, but he did say that his client is going to be patient.

"He wants to get to the right team in the right situation, so he's not going to panic and rush through this," Ubestine told the Herald.

And at this point, with similar contract offers, it looks like the right team is Green Bay.

Packers look like best fit for Knight

Yeah but Miami has a better chance to win the SB this year than Green Bay and there is 90% of chance that he would be the starting FS. Maybe he would be out on 3rd and long or on some passing plays.

But the fact he would be playing alongside Madison,Marion,Surtain,Taylor,Thomas,Seau & Bowens can attract him. I'm sure I would. This could be a pretty special group of player.

Chester,Ogunleye,Buckley,Zgonina,Fletcher,Greenwood aren't that bad either.

This doesn't concern me, mainly because it was posted BEFORE the news broke that Sammy has lowered his asking price.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
Yeah but Miami has a better chance to win the SB this year than Green Bay
:eek: :bong: You do? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by WisconsinFan
:eek: :bong: You do? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well base on overall talent yes but in reality any nobody could be win including Cardinals and Bengals.;)

Originally posted by minus

Well base on overall talent yes
:eek: at what postion? :lol: LB's is about the only thing you guys got us beat in.

You forgot
DE, CB, RB(yes Ricky IS better than Ahman), FB

Your team is on the way down...

You lost Holliday, Wayne, Glenn, etc.

Favre appears to be losing some of the desire...

:)

:eek: at what postion? :lol: LB's is about the only thing you guys got us beat in.

:lol:

LB
Secondary
DL Reynolds is the other starting DE???

Only thing you beat us is at QB and maybe OL .....

RB-Even
FB-Even
WR-I say it's about even not that impress with your WR'S other than Driver.
TE-Even

I'd say the Pack and the Dolphins are pretty close in talent level overall, but the Dolphins are definitely more solid on defense. The question is, would Sammy rather be a big fish in a small (ice) pond or take a slot as "just another of Miami's defensive pro-bowlers."

Re: Your team is on the way down...

Originally posted by RHoffman
You lost Holliday, Wayne, Glenn, etc.

Favre appears to be losing some of the desire...

:)

Glenn is gone..big deal..Packer fans are more then happy with Javon Walker coming in.. This kid is pretty damn good to ( Thxs FSU!)

Holiday is gone ,good @ 5 mil a year.(he turned down) we got to keep KGB and Hunt.. not to mention he has had two count two good games in the past two years.

Yes the loss of Wayne hurts. I even said that LB is what you got us beat . You guys have Seau and Zach. Hands down I cant argue that.

But to say DL is pretty solid..Just ask Ricky Williams. :lol: FB's? Pffffft Henderson is hands down the best blocking FB in the league. He does what he is asked to do.

CB's Uh we have Mckenzie and Harris now..vs Sertain and Madison ? its a push there guys.

We got rid of that dead weight Ty Williams

:tongue:

Originally posted by minus

DL Reynolds is the other starting DE???

No.. he isnt.. that damn cap killer is lucky to still be in Green Bay :lol:

actually he has shown some improvement so far this year.(more then I can the last two years about him)

McKenzie and Harris...

a push with Surtain and Madison...

umm...know...
smelling too much Limburger are you?

Re: Re: Your team is on the way down...

Glenn is gone..big deal..Packer fans are more then happy with Javon Walker coming in.. This kid is pretty damn good to ( Thxs FSU!)

Holiday is gone ,good @ 5 mil a year.(he turned down) we got to keep KGB and Hunt.. not to mention he has had two count two good games in the past two years.

Yes the loss of Wayne hurts. I even said that LB is what you got us beat . You guys have Seau and Zach. Hands down I cant argue that.

But to say DL is pretty solid..Just ask Ricky Williams. :lol: FB's? Pffffft Henderson is hands down the best blocking FB in the league. He does what he is asked to do.

CB's Uh we have Mckenzie and Harris now..vs Sertain and Madison ? its a push there guys.

We got rid of that dead weight Ty Williams

:tongue:

Konrad is underated blocker and great catching FB (with good speed) so if anything Konrad is probably better overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom