Interest in Aikman? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interest in Aikman?

breckenridge55

K-STATE PHIN
Reaction score
I read today on sportsline.com that it is a possibility we will sign Troy Aikman out of retirement. When asked about the idea, a source close to Aikman said it would be easy to get him to un-retire if he could start on a team with a decent shot at making the playoffs, He also said that the fact that Norv Turner is the o-coordinator would make it even better.

I know this isn't the first time we've heard this, but with Lucas and Fiedler hurt, and Lucas' play being questionable along with the fact we don't have another QB who has played in an NFL regular season game, the Dolphins could be very interested.

Any thoughts?

First Thurman Thomas, now Cris Carter, and maybe Aikman?Jeez.....our slogan should be "Rekindle your career at Miami":rolleyes:

I don't think we'll sign Aikman. It would take too long for him to get in the groove of things here in Miami. If Lucas goes down, I think we stick with Sage. I've seen him in practice, and I think he could handle it.

Dave Wannstedt was asked about it, and he said "not even a consideration"

Forget it, not gonna happen...nope nope nope.

Honestly I wonder if people do any research before they post these insane rumors. Every media source has reported in the past week that the Coach has said "Aikman is not an option".

Barry Sanders??? Your killing me with this trash. What are we going to do next have geritol shots on the sideline?

First of all, there is room for Aikman cap-wise (he would have to sign for $750,000 and take the vet minimum.) It would only actually cost us an extra say $200,000 cap-wise though. Same with the Cris Carter deal. I dont think it could happen yet.... but lets say Lucas goes down and at that point Aikman has made it clear he would play for the Dolphins... then things can get interesting. You can add Leon Searcy to the list of Carter, Thurman...

If it happend in week 1 and Feidler was out for the year we might play with the idea, but the guys hasn't taken a snap in 2 years, and by the time he was ready to play Jay would be back. If it happens I will tattoo a Bills logo on 1 butt cheek and a Jets logo on the other.

Originally posted by BigDoug
I hear Knute Rockne is planning a comeback with the Phins

I heard that Jim Kelly was considering coming to Miami... he said something about wanting to WIN a superbowl for once. :D

:monkey: BILLS

Boy Toy Troy would love to live in So. Beach and the Keys...if you know what I mean. :D

Originally posted by Barbarian

I heard that Jim Kelly was considering coming to Miami... he said something about wanting to WIN a superbowl for once. :D

:monkey: BILLS

Yeah he would love to win a Sb with a team that can get past the 1st rd.:lol:

Originally posted by justafan

Yeah he would love to win a Sb with a team that can get past the 1st rd.:lol:

See that would be funny if you knew what you were talking about. The Dolphins have actully gotten to the 2nd round 3 out of the past 5 years. That would be what 3 more time than the Bills have in the same time frame. I don't think your team has had the track record in the post season for you to be throwing stones. Do you still have nightmares about Emitt tearing thru your defense in super sunday?

Back
Top Bottom