Interesting Qb Option: Jacoby Brissett | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Qb Option: Jacoby Brissett

I like Tyrod because he’s a professional and would help out run game, but also wouldn’t tilt the scale towards us winning too many games. And I think he’d come cheap

it not that we are going hit on all of our draft pick. take fly on bisset might not be bad ideas. with him we will win about same much game as thill17 would. after watching east west game. I saw 3 qb that got my attention. qb from auburn, Jackson, and my favor qb Grier. I like guy from auburn he can throw it and Jackson as well.

I like Tyrod because he’s a professional and would help out run game, but also wouldn’t tilt the scale towards us winning too many games. And I think he’d come cheap
with Tyrod as ur qb ur still going win 6 to 10 game. might get luck and make playoff. he is not ur long term answer but Tyrod have lot of pride. Wilson is key

Good player and would love to have him. Pats traded him for Dorsett. I would definitely trade a second tier player for him

Brissett is a good option for a potential playoff team looking to stabalize their QB position for a year with cheap potential and upside (Jville) . . . .or need an injury replacement (Skins and Panthers).

As for us, I mean I leave it up to the GM and coach. Trading for him and throwing a low guarantee extension on top gives you a chance to evaluate but also keep your options open for 2020 and 2021.

Say its a third you need.

You could probably extend him for 2/29 . . . .keep his 4th year in tact from the rookie deal and effectively have a 3/30 deal in place that you can exit from at any time.

He definitely is an intriguing option. A lot of arm talent and still very young. Caldwell is a good coach to have if in the fold if you bring him in.

The underlying narrative I keep picking up when people make these threads are people wanna lose. You guys wanna lose now? I think it's only on this site that anyone wants to see the fins lose. I dont even think we could lose correctly if we tried. The thinking is if we lose we will get a high enough pick to draft a qb. Is that approach guaranteed? Is it guaranteed that whoever we draft is gonna pan out? Who will we lose in the process? Im sorry but i do not cosign this tanking idea whatsoever. Rebuild yes, tank, hell no.

Brissett learned to read defenses from the Urban Meyer regime up here, which means he can't. Pass...

Agree with the OP. I think that Brissett is young and has some decent upside (and he won't break the bank). He played pretty well for Indy in 2017 when Luck was out and he was behind a pretty crappy O-line that they subsequently fixed in 2018.
Maybe Brissett isn't the long term solution but there seems little downside to giving him a go.

The underlying narrative I keep picking up when people make these threads are people wanna lose. You guys wanna lose now? I think it's only on this site that anyone wants to see the fins lose. I dont even think we could lose correctly if we tried. The thinking is if we lose we will get a high enough pick to draft a qb. Is that approach guaranteed? Is it guaranteed that whoever we draft is gonna pan out? Who will we lose in the process? Im sorry but i do not cosign this tanking idea whatsoever. Rebuild yes, tank, hell no.

And honestly that will be the underlying narrative until March and see what direction we head in free agency and what personnel moves are made.

But putting all the tanking stuff aside . . . i can be down with Brissett knowing I don’t have to be tied to him for the next 7 years if I don’t wanna be.

He may in fact be the best option a third round pick can buy you this year and you can extend him midseason if he shows he has the goods.

Im good on Tyrod tho.

Although I do think we add some improvising ability at QB in some form this year.

A poor record can’t all fall on a QB, he had no pass protection in Indy that season, even Andrew Luck could only produce 8-8 seasons with that roster. And I think Brissett would be far better than any QB available to us in round 3 this year. This is more contingent on us adding a franchise guy in 2020, but taking a swing at a Young player with potential this year as well.
Oh he should get much better pass protection here...o_O

1. thill17 as qb in pocket got sack a lot. was it line or was it thill17.

2. cutler and OS as qb got sack less than thill17

OP beat me to it, I would look into Jacoby Brissett for 2020 and also Tyrod Taylor for 2019. I liked what I saw a few years back of Brissett vs. FSU, running for his life and making plays:

Good arm, good size, very mobile, I like how he plays the game, I'm a fan of Brissett

Is it guaranteed that whoever we draft is gonna pan out? Who will we lose in the process? Im sorry but i do not cosign this tanking idea whatsoever. Rebuild yes, tank, hell no.

They are gamblers, looking at percentages, they do not "know." They are winging it, gambling on percentages. But since they do not know, they do not even know the very percentages they are relaying on. That's the problem with the tanking crowd, and rebuild crowd.

Back
Top Bottom