Interesting Stat. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Stat.

giphy.gif

Does that include throwaways when you're running for your life, or just passes that are intended for receivers?
Let's say you're correct. He's still 50% higher than Fitzpatrick who plays with the same team, scheme, line, everything. Then, factor in that in Rosen's lone start, Dallas didn't have any pass rush for the first half of that game to the point where their beat writers were complaining on Twitter about it.

So, given that a little under half his passes came in that second half, and he's at 41% uncatchable passes, they'd have to be almost ALL throwaways, no? Was that the case?

Maybe... stay with me here... juuuuust maybe, he's not good at football which is why he lead the worst team in the NFL last season and lost the QB competition to a 14 year journeyman who only came to the Dolphins because he wouldn't be able to beat out any other QB in the league to start.

Does that include last year? Uncatchable passes would not be the way I described what I have been seeing.

Here is what I saw last week:
* Mostly good balls
* Few errant throws
* Only time we couldn't move the ball is when they got to QB.

That's just what I saw/remember.

He’s thrown 60 balls this year. This means..

26 completions
25 uncatchable
9 drops or contested incompletions

I’ll go through all the throws later, but from my recollection of the games this doesn’t round right.

Though remember many of these throws he’s just airing it out down 40 points in the 4th quarter.

Rosen has had one full start. Hardly seems like a stat with merit at this point. His stats over the next five games would seem much more relevant.

Rosen has had one full start. Hardly seems like a stat with merit at this point. His stats over the next five games would seem much more relevant.

It’s relevant when you add in his rookie year. Same result. Different team.

Let's say you're correct. He's still 50% higher than Fitzpatrick who plays with the same team, scheme, line, everything. Then, factor in that in Rosen's lone start, Dallas didn't have any pass rush for the first half of that game to the point where their beat writers were complaining on Twitter about it.

So, given that a little under half his passes came in that second half, and he's at 41% uncatchable passes, they'd have to be almost ALL throwaways, no? Was that the case?

Maybe... stay with me here... juuuuust maybe, he's not good at football which is why he lead the worst team in the NFL last season and lost the QB competition to a 14 year journeyman who only came to the Dolphins because he wouldn't be able to beat out any other QB in the league to start.
I was just curious how the stat was calculated. I'm well aware of your opinion on the player.

Back
Top Bottom