Interesting Take On Vince Young.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Take On Vince Young....

NJPHIN34 said:

I was just coming hear to start a threadt about that BS article. I actually emailed the guy AND posted a response to it in their little "replay to Page 2" section. This is what I wrote, copy/pasted word for word:

"How can you write this personal attack on Vince Young, and that's what it is, a personal attack, and expect it to be taken seriously? OK, so maybe Vince Young doesn't have the brain to be a Peyton Manning, but that doesn't mean he can't be a starter, and a great one. Do you think Donovan McNabb can't cut it as a NFL QB? Donovan got a 12, then a 16 on the retake. How about Dan Marino, arguably the best QB EVER, his score was a 15, same with Jim Kelly and Terry Bradshaw. High scores don't make you a great QB, ask career 3rd-stringer Sage Rosenfels, who scored a 32. How about the great Hugh Millen (WHO!?) who scored a 41. Jason Maas of Oregon? 43. Drew Henson? 41. The point is the wonderlic doesn't prove much in terms of QB ability. I'm not saying Vince will be a HoF QB, I'm not saying Vince will be a career backup, I'm just saying to base how he will be at NFL QB on his wonderlic and off-field dress and whom he choses to hang out with has NOTHING to do with how he will play the position, just ask Ron Mexico *ahem* I mean Michael Vick."

wow i was just coming here to post....all i can say is BRAVO

Agent51 said:
I was just coming hear to start a threadt about that BS article. I actually emailed the guy AND posted a response to it in their little "replay to Page 2" section. This is what I wrote, copy/pasted word for word:

"How can you write this personal attack on Vince Young, and that's what it is, a personal attack, and expect it to be taken seriously? OK, so maybe Vince Young doesn't have the brain to be a Peyton Manning, but that doesn't mean he can't be a starter, and a great one. Do you think Donovan McNabb can't cut it as a NFL QB? Donovan got a 12, then a 16 on the retake. How about Dan Marino, arguably the best QB EVER, his score was a 15, same with Jim Kelly and Terry Bradshaw. High scores don't make you a great QB, ask career 3rd-stringer Sage Rosenfels, who scored a 32. How about the great Hugh Millen (WHO!?) who scored a 41. Jason Maas of Oregon? 43. Drew Henson? 41. The point is the wonderlic doesn't prove much in terms of QB ability. I'm not saying Vince will be a HoF QB, I'm not saying Vince will be a career backup, I'm just saying to base how he will be at NFL QB on his wonderlic and off-field dress and whom he choses to hang out with has NOTHING to do with how he will play the position, just ask Ron Mexico *ahem* I mean Michael Vick."

clearly this wasnt "just" another attack on his wonderlic score....we all know he is as dumb as nails but the writter pointed out alot of the little things that we dont see that GMs and coaches pay attention to

Bravo for what?

As soon as I saw "humility," I knew this article was bull****.

Humility is the No. 1 ingredient.

Vince Young specifically said that whoever drafts him, he won't hold out. Isn't that humility?

The fact that Young had to take the Wonderlic twice in order to score a 16 is an indication to me that Young did not prepare for the test, particularly the first time. That speaks to Young's arrogance.

What about Donovan McNabb? It took him two times to score a 16. Is he arrogant also? I mean he must be. Despite the fact you never heard about any coach or teammate (not counting T.O.) complain about him, he must be arrogant if he took the Wonderlic twice, right?

So what? Everybody calling him out because he's doing what he usually does and hanging who he usually hangs out with.

This is a personal attack. Nothing more.

PhinSoldia said:
clearly this wasnt "just" another attack on his wonderlic score....we all know he is as dumb as nails but the writter pointed out alot of the little things that we dont see that GMs and coaches pay attention to

He was pointing out that he dresses like an NBA player, which I guess he is implying is "thugged out" except i've seen plenty of NFL players dress like that, I see Mike Vick on TV all the time in huge white T-shirts, doo rags and "bling" and HE is an NFL QB, one that is in the public eye a lot too.

Also, the fact that Vince "hangs with a posse" "makes him a bad decision maker" is ridiculous, he is a popular big-time athlete who has friends, so freakin' what? So he picked an agent who is a friend? Big Deal, he prolly trusts him more and figures he has his best interest in mind as opposed to trusting a complete stranger to handle his millions. So his agent has no experience? What's his point, every agent in the league started with no experience at one point.

My point it, while I'm sure the people in the league would rather see Vince ALWAYS wear a suit and tie or whatever, the fact that he doesn't and that he hangs out with a lot of people and that he picked someone really close to him to be his agent has NOTHING to do with his ability to read an NFL defense, which is what that guy is basically trying to say.

If they wanna scrutinize a players every little move and say it will make him a crappy NFL QB why not look at Matt Leinart. Why is he not under fire for going back his senior year just to "live the life" of the popular college QB who gets all the girls and only has to take one class and who has the nerve to say he still thinks USC is better than Texas even after the lost the Rose Bowl. Him doing that was a poor decision, and look, it cost him millions and showed a lot of immaturiy, however, it doesn't mean he won't be able to read an NFL defense.

so he is supposed to change his friends just because he is going to the NFL.. You people who and that **** who wrote the article are the ***holes that would ditch your longterm friends for fame. what vince shows me by showing up with his "posse" is that he is real(not a fake person) and that going to the NFL is not going to change who his friends are.. i dont know his friends and neither do any of you and neither do any of the "GMs, coaches, or owners", but whether his friends dont do the right things or not doesnt mean he doesnt do the right things. that whole article was an opinion of someone, not as if there was any fact in there what so ever other than his wonderlic score.. nobody knows what is going on inside vince's head besides vince. and it is commom for people to have a family friend (someone they are comfortable with to help them manage their money) represent them. i would rather my best friend or my mom or dad be my agent rather than some money hungry douchebag. so good for all you ***** that said "bravo" for the things that journalist wrote when none of you know anything about him as a person or how he will be as a pro.. you know what? i hope vince sees all of this bull and uses it as fuel for the fire...

P.S. i love the dolphins w/ everything, but i hope we play against Vince and he absolutely TORCHES us ( but we still win) just so you people can put your foot in your mouths and the reason i want it to be against us is so you can see it first hand

DcRy82 said:
so he is supposed to change his friends just because he is going to the NFL.. You people who and that **** who wrote the article are the ***holes that would ditch your longterm friends for fame. what vince shows me by showing up with his "posse" is that he is real(not a fake person) and that going to the NFL is not going to change who his friends are.. i dont know his friends and neither do any of you and neither do any of the "GMs, coaches, or owners", but whether his friends dont do the right things or not doesnt mean he doesnt do the right things. that whole article was an opinion of someone, not as if there was any fact in there what so ever other than his wonderlic score.. nobody knows what is going on inside vince's head besides vince. and it is commom for people to have a family friend (someone they are comfortable with to help them manage their money) represent them. i would rather my best friend or my mom or dad be my agent rather than some money hungry douchebag. so good for all you ***** that said "bravo" for the things that journalist wrote when none of you know anything about him as a person or how he will be as a pro.. you know what? i hope vince sees all of this bull and uses it as fuel for the fire...

and to THAT I say "bravo"

Good post, pretty much exactly what I was saying, you just made better use of the profanity filter than I did :lol:

DcRy82 said:
P.S. i love the dolphins w/ everything, but i hope we play against Vince and he absolutely TORCHES us ( but we still win) just so you people can put your foot in your mouths and the reason i want it to be against us is so you can see it first hand

Well I wouldn't go THAT far, but I will say that, even though I am not hoping for us to draft Vince, I wouldn't be mad if we got him, and I hope he has a great career, gotta support him, he's the QB that lead my team to the national title. People said the same things about him in college til he tore it up. I KNOW college is much different, but people bashed on him SO bad going into the Rose Bowl, saying he put up big numbers against crappy teams. Well, he won the Ohio State game, and he won the Rose Bowl. USC is about as close to a pro team as you can get without actually BEING a pro team. Pro-style offense and defense, pro-style coaches, basically the whole team is full of pro-calibur players, most 1st or 2nd rounders, and yet Vince still beat em. Hmmmmmmmmm. I'm not saying he will be great, I'm just saying he isn't gonna be THAT bad, as bad as peopel make him out to be. Besides, my rebuttle was definding Vince as a character and saying that what he does off the field doesn't effect his abiltiy to read defenses/make on field decisions like that idiot was trying to say.

yea but there are a lot of bull headed people on this board that have blind opinions and it drives me nuts

Back
Top Bottom