Interesting Take On Vince Young.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Take On Vince Young....

DcRy82 said:
yea but there are a lot of bull headed people on this board that have blind opinions and it drives me nuts

Oh same here man, same here, I won't touch the main forum with a 10 foot pole anymore, and when I first became a memeber that's where I spent 98% of my time, now I don't even open it, haven't in months.

Not really in an arguing mood, but I'll make a few points.

1 - Did Donovan McNabb ever score a 6 on his first try? Not that I know of. Scoring a 6 on on his first try means he either didn't give a **** about the test, or he's just plain stupid. Either one is bad.

2 - Picking a friend or inexprienced agent may not big deal if you're a projected 6-7th rounder. But when you're a big time QB, and a possible top-5 pick, it is. It's a sign of immaturity IMO.

3 - Matt Leinart HAS taken a lot of grief for coming back. You better believe it's one of the first questions scouts ask him when he's interviewed. And yeah, Leinart saying USC was still better after losing was pretty dumb, but it was right after the game while he was still emotional. The guy isn't used to losing, and he made a dumb comment.

I don't wanna come across as a total hater, I still have Vince as my #3 QB behind Leinart and Cutler. Every QB has question marks, I just have a lot MORE questions about Vince than the other two. Too many to take him in the first round.

Haha, I love this. Everyone is so passionate about their guy, be it Young, Cutler or Leinart.:tongue:

DcRy82 said:
yea but there are a lot of bull headed people on this board that have blind opinions and it drives me nuts

To each their own. I can respect your opinion on people talking about what kind of person he is, but you have no right to criticize someone for their opinion on him as a player and call them "bull headed".

DcRy82 said:
so he is supposed to change his friends just because he is going to the NFL.. You people who and that **** who wrote the article are the ***holes that would ditch your longterm friends for fame. what vince shows me by showing up with his "posse" is that he is real(not a fake person) and that going to the NFL is not going to change who his friends are.. i dont know his friends and neither do any of you and neither do any of the "GMs, coaches, or owners", but whether his friends dont do the right things or not doesnt mean he doesnt do the right things. that whole article was an opinion of someone, not as if there was any fact in there what so ever other than his wonderlic score.. nobody knows what is going on inside vince's head besides vince. and it is commom for people to have a family friend (someone they are comfortable with to help them manage their money) represent them. i would rather my best friend or my mom or dad be my agent rather than some money hungry douchebag. so good for all you ***** that said "bravo" for the things that journalist wrote when none of you know anything about him as a person or how he will be as a pro.. you know what? i hope vince sees all of this bull and uses it as fuel for the fire...

:sidelol: :sidelol: you and your drugs

Agent51 said:
Oh same here man, same here, I won't touch the main forum with a 10 foot pole anymore, and when I first became a memeber that's where I spent 98% of my time, now I don't even open it, haven't in months.

so i see your here for the great dolphin fans that love thier team....

LIQUID24 said:
Not really in an arguing mood, but I'll make a few points.

1 - Did Donovan McNabb ever score a 6 on his first try? Not that I know of. Scoring a 6 on on his first try means he either didn't give a **** about the test, or he's just plain stupid. Either one is bad.

2 - Picking a friend or inexprienced agent may not big deal if you're a projected 6-7th rounder. But when you're a big time QB, and a possible top-5 pick, it is. It's a sign of immaturity IMO.

3 - Matt Leinart HAS taken a lot of grief for coming back. You better believe it's one of the first questions scouts ask him when he's interviewed. And yeah, Leinart saying USC was still better after losing was pretty dumb, but it was right after the game while he was still emotional. The guy isn't used to losing, and he made a dumb comment.

I don't wanna come across as a total hater, I still have Vince as my #3 QB behind Leinart and Cutler. Every QB has question marks, I just have a lot MORE questions about Vince than the other two. Too many to take him in the first round.

Haha, I love this. Everyone is so passionate about their guy, be it Young, Cutler or Leinart.:tongue:

hmm smart guy

I thought Young was amazing against USC. After that game I thought Young should be the number 1 pick. But there are real issues here that you can't just pass off on personal attacks. The 6 is a big deal. Very big. Not every coach or scout even uses the wonderlic but that is considering the guy scores a 20. Which isnt even that great. If you were to guess on every single question you should get between 12 and 13 right. 6 does show apathy, and this is very important. Braylon Edwards like alot of other players train for months prior to the combine just to improve their 40 time by fractions of a second. That shows dedication and a good work ethic.

I thought the article was good and he was mostly saying what NFL GMs would see, and personally I think he might be right. If Young prepared for the tests he was about to incur the Texans would be seriously looking at him. Run a 4.4 40, impress in interviews, show off his dedication as he trains for his pro day, and score decent on the Wonderlic. He has yet to do any of that and it has ruined his stock.

V. Young is a young man just out of college and looking to get paid millions of dollars to play a game. He is high on life, after winning the National Championship and being talked about possibly going #1 in the draft. I am sure he wasn't thinking relative to what actually is involved in this process.

The biggest mistake he made was his agent. His family or someone should have advised him better. If he had a professional representing and giving him good advise none of this would an issue. After Texas beat USC his stock could not have been higher, the only way to go was stand pat or go down.

I think the guy has huge potential and someone will get him alot cheaper now. No one really knows if he will be a great NFL QB. He is at least a freakish athlete that can throw a mean football.

I fault him for not realizing the business side of the NFL. His biggest problem right now is his nonchalaunt attitude. Maybe that transforms to confidence on the field, or maybe it shows a sign of bad decisions yet to come.

I applaud Jason Whitlock for this article. Most reporters are taking the politically correct view on Young, pumping him up due to the social conscious over a black quarterback. Whitlock brings up great points in this article. He doesn't mention the fact that Young has no chance to play quarterback in the NFL because he's not a passer, but he makes great points.

Young proved his mentality when Mack Brown had to dumb down his offensive system for him. He's horrible with his mechanics, and he's been in an offense that has given him one read and the green light to run. I'd draft him, but only as a wide receiver. He won't cut it in the NFL as a quarterback. He's nothing but another hyped up Michael Vick.

this is one of the absolutely weirdest offseasons in terms of hype in recent memory.

1) Jay Cutler rockets up draft boards for doing absolutely nothing. The guy throws off his back foot all day long, makes some bad decisions here and there, never won a big game, and people are talking about him as the best QB in the draft?

2) Vince Young is dropping on draft boards for doing too much. The guy leads the NCAA is passer rating, has freakish mobility, and single-handedly beat USC for the national title, a team that the EPSN think-tank considered declaring the best team of all time just before the Rose Bowl. Texas was nothing without him. Then he messes up a few geometry and algebra puzzles? C'mon...

Let Vince fall to #16. I'd love to have him here.

Pocoloco said:
this is one of the absolutely weirdest offseasons in terms of hype in recent memory.

1) Jay Cutler rockets up draft boards for doing absolutely nothing. The guy throws off his back foot all day long, makes some bad decisions here and there, never won a big game, and people are talking about him as the best QB in the draft?

2) Vince Young is dropping on draft boards for doing too much. The guy leads the NCAA is passer rating, has freakish mobility, and single-handedly beat USC for the national title, a team that the EPSN think-tank considered declaring the best team of all time just before the Rose Bowl. Texas was nothing without him. Then he messes up a few geometry and algebra puzzles? C'mon...

Let Vince fall to #16. I'd love to have him here.

Id love it too. Lets hope everyone keeps bashing the guy

DcRy82 said:
P.S. i love the dolphins w/ everything, but i hope we play against Vince and he absolutely TORCHES us ( but we still win) just so you people can put your foot in your mouths and the reason i want it to be against us is so you can see it first hand

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now!!!:yeahthat:

The man has a "presence" about him that you don't normally see in many Q.B.'s
Men like Brady, Favre (spelling), Moon, Montana and BIG DAN are just "God Gifted" winners and they were born to be that way.
I believe that Vince will take all of the criticisim and use it as fuel for the fire and become a very successful Q.B. in the NFL.
It's a spiritual thing........that "presence" he has will determine and guide his abilities.
Just Watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Yes Sir We'll Be Back"........................

Peace...................................

I'm just wondering if all you guys will be around if/when he falls on his face. Theres two sides to every story.

LIQUID24 said:

I see you points to your post, but I want to address one of your points from your post I quoted above. Now hiring a friend has happened before in the NFL, and there was no problem with it. One person that comes to mind that did this is former Atlanta Falcons QB Steve Bartkowski, and we all know how good he was in college and the pros. He hired his best friend/college roommate to be his agent and handle his contracts.

I'm not trying to debate with you, but it's happened before and it worked out for the best for both of them. Steve Bartkowski had someone he trust handling his money, and his best friend's career as a sports agent was launched by handling a big name football players contract. So I have to disagree with you as a sign of immaturity becasue I don't see Steve Bartkowski as immature. It is a complex situation and the thing can blow up in his face, but don't you think we should see what happens before we judge him on this one point?

KB21 said:
Young proved his mentality when Mack Brown had to dumb down his offensive system for him. He's horrible with his mechanics, and he's been in an offense that has given him one read and the green light to run.
funny that the young fans don't bring this up.

Back
Top Bottom