Interesting thoughts and stats on Miami's offense | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting thoughts and stats on Miami's offense

There is data to back this up. There is also data to show Miami converted at a higher rate passing than rushing, some just want to overlook this.
Cut the passive aggressive crap. I literally just posted cited statistics saying you’re wrong. Sack up and conversate, be open minded to having your opinion changed, or shut up.

Show some data like I did in my post. I am open to having my mind changed if you can prove the stats I posted are incorrect… or if you can prove we didn’t convert on 7 of 8 3rd and short attempts with Mostert… or if you can prove that we actually did convert 60% of our 3rd and short which would rank us as 3rd best.

Be thoughtful, not douchey, it goes a long way.

Cut the passive aggressive crap. I literally just posted cited statistics saying you’re wrong. Sack up and conversate, be open minded to having your opinion changed, or shut up.

Show some data like I did in my post. I am open to having my mind changed if you can prove the stats I posted are incorrect… or if you can prove we didn’t convert on 7 of 8 3rd and short attempts with Mostert… or if you can prove that we actually did convert 60% of our 3rd and short which would rank us as 3rd best.

Be thoughtful, not douchey, it goes a long way.
Lemme show you how I can be a raging asshole.

Well that was predictable lol.

In other news, what are we doing with Cedric the entertainer, Claypool, River, EZ, and that not so Chosen one?

I feel a little attitude in your post, so let’s dive in. Because your numbers are kinda ambiguous. Let me get into some stats and I’ll cite my source at the end.

Miami was 19th in converting 3rd or 4th and short at 48.20%.

In these situations, Miami passed the ball the 2nd most in the NFL at 68.75% and ran the 2nd least at 31.25%. So if we are converting at a 48% clip, your numbers don’t match mine, and it shows we are not doing it well passing, either.

Interesting to note, the top 12 teams at converting 3rd and 4th and short are NOT among the top teams that passed in that situation... other than ranks 4-6, the rest of the top12 were in the bottom 16 at throwing in these situations. Cinci, at 13th best, was the highest rank team at converting that was also in top5 in throwing in these situation.

One thing I’d like to know, is you have 56 attempts which is in alignment with the stats I have… but your conversions of 10 and 24 are off and would rank us as 3rd best in these situations.. which we all know we weren’t.

What’s your argument here? That we are better at throwing in these types of situations? The stars don’t bare that out and the “eye test” didn’t either as it was a conversation topic here many times.

Source: https://nfllines.com/nfl-2023-short-yardage-offense-defense/
1707425708873.png

Back
Top Bottom