Interview with Mike McDaniel Requested | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interview with Mike McDaniel Requested

He’s been an offensive assistant for 15 years

That’s fair. But I don’t want to bring in a guy because of offense when he has only been OC for one season. (Edit- in SF he isn’t calling plays. Shanahan is)

A few more years of good OC work and I’d feel more confident.

That’s fair. But I don’t want to bring in a guy because of offense when he has only been calling plays for one season.

A few more years of good OC work and I’d feel more confident.

So a requirement for you is that the HC calls plays? What if he hires vet OC

This might all be a charade. Today talking with Dan Patrick, Pat Forde indicated that there were no vehement denials from Michigan that Harbaugh wants to leave, and if it's his decision that would make it alright for Ross to pursue him. Hopefully this turns out to be the case.
Harbaughs wife doesn’t like south Florida, he’s not coming here.

Does he even call plays? I doubt that. I think Kyle Shannahan calls offensive plays.
Yea I just researched and edited it a minute ago. That makes it worse imo.

So he isn’t even a real OC. He is an OC in name only for one year.

This dude’s career is so strange. Never played the game but is an Ivy League graduate from Yale. I think this could be the guy simply because could you imagine this dweeb screaming at the owner and telling him that he’s a moron? Would never happen in a million years.

Harbaughs wife doesn’t like south Florida, he’s not coming here.
I really wanted Harbaugh but after some digging I discovered he is another unlikeable coach. Not that that is a bad thing. Many unlikeable coaches are successful. But, after Flores I get the feeling that we need a likeable leader. It feels like the team needs a break from psycho coaches after Flo.

You guys may need to make an exception on your thoughts on this one. I remember him in Atlanta. The architect and brains of one of the more dominant offenses when Atlanta went to the super bowl was credited to Shanahan. But Shanny specifically always called out McDaniels for his ingenuity.

Don't think it happens anyway...but if Tua has an ounce of bringing his game next level, this kind of mind is needed. (Big Brain on Brad)

But probably....no.

Back
Top Bottom