Interview with Mike McDaniel Requested | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interview with Mike McDaniel Requested

I think we should go one of two ways:

1) hire a guy with previous NFL HC experience, or

2) get the youngest, most hyped OC you can find. I hear Ross likes 'em young...

eric cartman family GIF by South Park

I hope they open with,
'I'm Stephen Ross and this is Chris Grier. We can tell you who supplies Ricky Williams'.

Seriously though, this guy seems incredible cool. My only concerns are whether he'd get the respect of the vets, and whether he has the connections to put together a really good staff.
But I honestly think he's worth the risk.
I actually think his non-alpha type of personality might be a refreshing change for the vets in our locker room.

It seems like he has massive amounts of respect from the players he’s coaching now.

It seems Pederson and Harbaugh are long shots at this point, so from the candidates that are available, McDaniel is the one that is slowly growing on me (more than Daboll)..hopefully he knocks the interview out of the park tomorrow.

I think this interview is as much about if he thinks he can succeed with Tua as it is we can succeed with him to be honest.

It's as if they thought if Flo was fired at 9:00am then Harbaugh should have been signed at 9:01am

The NFL has strict hiring guidlines but let's just complain to complain.
Speaking of which. Those guidelines are ridiculous -If we are talking Rooney rule. It ended up backfiring. I understand the thought behind it but it’s lead to nothing but token interviews. Doing more harm than good for minorities

That is my point, if his hiring decisions collapsed (seen it before) and he was trying to solve it myself and failing it is up to the GM is see it, and fix it before it leads to failure.

Flo didn't get up in the morning one day say today I'm going to fluck up. These coaching failures are not just the coach, its like blaming a manager b/c the CEO's/VP/DIRECTOR's plan sucks monkey gonads.
Flores' vision and input were very heavy. He may not have woke up one day and said I'll fk it up....but he laid the groundwork for asshat behavior long before his firing. Thusly...he was terminated. The GM is not without fault but Flo was trippin...

Speaking of which. Those guidelines are ridiculous -If we are talking Rooney rule. It ended up backfiring. I understand the thought behind it but it’s lead to nothing but token interviews. Doing more harm than good for minorities
The idea is that its supposed to allow these guys to get that interview experience even if they don't have much of a chance. But you're right that it doesn't seem to be working since right this second, there's only one black HC. Also, GMs sometimes throw a token interview to a friend just to get that guy's name out there. I heard the rumor that Vance Joseph was close to Grier. I think that's why he's getting an interview, just as a favor to a friend. Can't see us going with another defensive guy.

I have never fired anyone without having their replacement in mind.
They probably do have multiple people in mind to replace him. This is not your regular type of job. Regular job's if you start feeling like a change is needed you can call and talk to people even interview people just in general. NFL has strict hiring protocols. You can't interview people during the season or even discuss the possibility, it is called tampering. What you do has no comparison to hiring an NFL head coach. Have you ever hired a person for a position that is basically top 32 their profession in the world? Does your profession have a CBA? Does your profession Does your profession have tampering provisions that won't allow you to talk/interview people at a competing company (NFL team), until a certain date and still require you request permission to interview that person? Are you required to interview 2 minority candidates? If you can't answer yes to all those questions of the bat what you do to hire a person has no real comparison to hiring an NFL coach.

That is my point, if his hiring decisions collapsed (seen it before) and he was trying to solve it myself and failing it is up to the GM is see it, and fix it before it leads to failure.

Flo didn't get up in the morning one day say today I'm going to fluck up. These coaching failures are not just the coach, its like blaming a manager b/c the CEO's/VP/DIRECTOR's plan sucks monkey gonads.
You understand that in his contract Flores had control over the 53 man roster and the coaching staff. We don't know if Grier discussed the staff with him. I'm assuming he did, but hiring and firing them was up to Flores, the buck stops with him there.

The only way contractually that Grier could have done something was to fire Flores during the season.

Agreed.

I confused him with Josh McDaniels lol. Honestly, the 49ers offense was impressive. I wonder how much McDaniel was involved. I love this interview. He can use waddle like Samuel. Gresciki can improve and tua as well

I have never fired anyone without having their replacement in mind.
No one said they didn't have anyone in mind but the NFL has strict policies that have to be followed. I have no issue with them interviewing multiple people because they get to see, even if they are not hired, the thought process of candidates.

Typical response from someone like Jeff Ireland.
Was not Jeff Ireland. This was before Ireland even came to the Dolphins. We chose Cam Cameron over Tomlin who actually interviewed with us before the Steelers.

Back
Top Bottom