Interview with Mike McDaniel Requested | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interview with Mike McDaniel Requested

Maybe the product of other coaches success?
Can’t help but like the guys personality. But if you thought Gase interviews were odd, his are pretty interesting too. At this point I really know nothing about some of these potential hires so cannot make Judgment. I’d even say that if he signed on here there is a chance Jimmy G may follow plus potential F/A from SF. I’m still hoping for a Vet head coach.
You’re right. He’s different.

anybody can gameplan with josh allen and pat mahomes...

impressed this guys winning with jimmy g...

and his teams always run the ball well with pretty average backs...
When it comes to running the ball, the 49ers are on another level. Everyone knows that what SF needs to do to be successful, but it's not easy to stop.

Agree, winning with Jimmy G is pretty impressive.

Gotta still wonder about that play call that led to that Jimmy G interception when they were gashing Dallas with the run game.

Guys lets steer clear of the discussion about race please and stick to the football side of it.

Thanks

Ok I guess I really don't know what to make about McDaniel as a head coach then.

Play calling is a bad indicator anyway. It's an art in itself, and I'm not saying it doesn't matter or help at all but it's more important to have a deep understanding of scheme and organizational structure than be a great play caller.

Ok I guess I really don't know what to make about McDaniel as a head coach then.
He does design ("engineers") plays and builds game plans. He is very good at it. He forces the defense to commit to covering one thing and then takes something else. They get chunk yardage in the run game. The way he does that is he uses misdirection and thinking to get yardage. The offensive linemen need to be able to move. You will run the football effectively with him. That alone is a winner for me, especially what we saw last season.

I definitely do NOT want a mother**** head coach!

they have a plan....we just don't know if the plan is any good
Danny I want to believe they had a plan…. I really do….but history has shown that they often only have a concept and hope rather than a detailed realistic plan. Example, the first attempt at Harbaugh.

I dont either... There's alot to like, this guys an engineer on offense, I have no doubt about it. He's not restricted to a framework, he's the type of brain that can alter it to fit different variables. And thats something thats more valuable to me than calling plays for a HC.

On the other hand, who knows how players will respond to such a "different" stature than what is normally accepted? Thats the big question. But again players who've worked with him seem to appreciate him and the more I listen to him, the less he sounds like he looks.

Like I've said before, this is a homerun swing that'll have you know fairly quickly if it hit or struck out... Easily one of the most intriguing candidate from the last 3 hiring cycles.

Play calling is a bad indicator anyway. It's an art in itself, and I'm not saying it doesn't matter or help at all but it's more important to have a deep understanding of scheme and organizational structure than be a great play caller.
True .

He does design ("engineers") plays and builds game plans. He is very good at it. He forces the defense to commit to covering one thing and then takes something else. They get chunk yardage in the run game. The way he does that is he uses misdirection and thinking to get yardage. The offensive linemen need to be able to move. You will run the football effectively with him. That alone is a winner for me, especially what we saw last season.
I can see that

Back
Top Bottom