Interview with Mike McDaniel Requested | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interview with Mike McDaniel Requested

What I really love is firing your HC without a plan.....
They would have to be beyond bad to do that. I don't think they have reached those depths yet. I think that decision was made a while before the last game against the Patriots no matter what that result was.

No having a plan means you have the replacement and its better than what you have now (or so you hope).

That’s impossible in the NFL, unless you think you have the next best thing on staff.

Like most organizations, unless you promote from within, you interview different candidates to find your best choice. The organization has doesn’t know who would be a good fit for HEAD COACH for this franchise based on many of the candidates have never been a head coach, and the ones that have, haven’t been a head coach for this situation and this organization.

Your theory on hiring for a top level job is ridiculous. I don’t care what you do, you already have a replacement for someone that is not nearly important to your organization both monetary wise nor success wise.

Talking myself into this guy, but a question for the group:

If he's a run game coordinator, does that mean he could potentially be hired away as OC? Meaning, if the Dolphins decided they loved him, but felt they wanted more experience at the HC position and preferred Quinn, Frazier, Caldwell, etc., could OC be an option for McDaniel?

And I ask this from a few angles. Are you allowed to hire a guy away so long as it's a promotion, do you think he'd be interested, is there any chance this is actually their plan?

McDaniel is almost exactly 7 years older than me, so very close. Born in April of 90, he's March of 83

Edit: I remember when our draft picks were older than me though. Blah.
Also a 1990 baby, and it was definitely a rough transition, during the 2011 draft, where there were players entering the league my age, making millions while I was a cashier at Home Depot.

Thankfully, some time has gone by, and I’ve now reached the age where some coaches are my age. Making millions. While I still am not

Thinking of Tua in a SF type offense is pretty exciting. I believe his skill set and ceiling is much higher than Jimmy G's. If McDaniel can closely duplicate that, Miami could be cooking with fire.

Interesting note. The 49ers usually draft offensive linemen who move well and "tend" to be a little lighter. The center from Iowa is probably the perfect fit.
This is exactly why I'm on McDaniel bandwagon. Tua's accuracy and touch with a successful running attack like San Francisco, could be what the ailing Dolphins offense needs. It might take 2 or 3 years to fully materialize, due to personal, but worth it.

Last edited:
Talking myself into this guy, but a question for the group:

If he's a run game coordinator, does that mean he could potentially be hired away as OC? Meaning, if the Dolphins decided they loved him, but felt they wanted more experience at the HC position and preferred Quinn, Frazier, Caldwell, etc., could OC be an option for McDaniel?

And I ask this from a few angles. Are you allowed to hire a guy away so long as it's a promotion, do you think he'd be interested, is there any chance this is actually their plan?
He was run game coordinator before this year, but is now offensive coordinator. Shanahan promoted him after Lafleur left for the Jets OC

That’s impossible in the NFL, unless you think you have the next best thing on staff.

Like most organizations, unless you promote from within, you interview different candidates to find your best choice. The organization has doesn’t know who would be a good fit for HEAD COACH for this franchise based on many of the candidates have never been a head coach, and the ones that have, haven’t been a head coach for this situation and this organization.

Your theory on hiring for a top level job is ridiculous. I don’t care what you do, you already have a replacement for someone that is not nearly important to your organization both monetary wise nor success wise.

I'll let you know when it doesn't work....

Maybe the product of other coaches success?
Can’t help but like the guys personality. But if you thought Gase interviews were odd, his are pretty interesting too. At this point I really know nothing about some of these potential hires so cannot make Judgment. I’d even say that if he signed on here there is a chance Jimmy G may follow plus potential F/A from SF. I’m still hoping for a Vet head coach.

Back
Top Bottom