Interview with Mike McDaniel Requested | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interview with Mike McDaniel Requested

I dont either... There's alot to like, this guys an engineer on offense, I have no doubt about it. He's not restricted to a framework, he's the type of brain that can alter it to fit different variables. And thats something thats more valuable to me than calling plays for a HC.

On the other hand, who knows how players will respond to such a "different" stature than what is normally accepted? Thats the big question. But again players who've worked with him seem to appreciate him and the more I listen to him, the less he sounds like he looks.

Like I've said before, this is a homerun swing that'll have you know fairly quickly if it hit or struck out... Easily one of the most intriguing candidate from the last 3 hiring cycles.
I'm warming up to him to after hearing what many of you have to say

Danny I want to believe they had a plan…. I really do….but history has shown that they often only have a concept and hope rather than a detailed realistic plan. Example, the first attempt at Harbaugh.
well, the first mistake was to not clean house once again. Ross just won't get rid of grier who has been a part of this losing for the last 20 years.

After those vids, I want in. Hire this guy LOL. I’m serious, he’s unorthodox, but something tells me he gets it on the teaching side of football. I don’t know, we tried everything else, why not hire a guy who actually cares if the players buy in or not

Im down if he can get Vic Fangio to come with and a good OC. Maybe Caldwell will be the QB whisperer if were keeping Tua.

well, the first mistake was to not clean house once again. Ross just won't get rid of grier who has been a part of this losing for the last 20 years.
Do you think Grier has pics or actual videos of Ross? Gotta be something! 😁

Do you think Grier has pics or actual videos of Ross? Gotta be something! 😁
I have a pretty good idea of why Ross won't fire him but I won't post it here and it has nothing to do with pictures of videos....lol

He does design ("engineers") plays and builds game plans. He is very good at it. He forces the defense to commit to covering one thing and then takes something else. They get chunk yardage in the run game. The way he does that is he uses misdirection and thinking to get yardage. The offensive linemen need to be able to move. You will run the football effectively with him. That alone is a winner for me, especially what we saw last season.
That would be the antithesis of Philbin... and from what I understand, Eric Bienemy

Wow, the board seems to LOVE this guy. Awesome I guess. I've been around too long I guess. Hires like this are a flip of the quarter, he's good, he's no good.
I want a HC with prior HC experience. There again, it's a flip of the quarter.
I hate that I've become this way, excited for every Sunday to watch Danny win to now which is watching the FO act like a reality show, drama around the corner every season. So numbness tells me, does it really matter who they hire?

This guy fits the Stephen Ross MO. Much like Joe Philbin he’s a weird looking OC who’s never called a play in his life.

Back
Top Bottom