Intro to Liam Eichenberg OT: RD2b | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Liam Eichenberg OT: RD2b

No he’ll be a RT for us. It’s his natural position. A tad slow footed but an unbelievably powerful man. A ton of experience for him as a 3 year starter I believe. This pick makes a ton of sense. He’s a pure RT and now we can kick Hunt inside and our OL is solidified besides Center. Miami traded up to get him. That tells you how much they like him. We are getting extremely talented players who have played a ton of football while also filling our biggest needs. We are crushing this draft.

Eichenberg's pro shuttle and three-cone numbers ranked fourth among all first-round offensive tackles going all the way back to the 2016 NFL Draft. That includes being better than all six of the first round tackles from the 2020 NFL Draft. His numbers blew away those posted by Ronnie Stanley during his Pro Day.

Solid pick .... don’t like the trade up ... but what’s done is done ...

Stilll possible to get his linemate HAINEY at 156 ... though I liked KOUNCE there .... but don’t really need him now ....

How can Grier be so good at trading for draft picks and so bad at trading them?

I’m cool with trading up for your guy, but that feels like a lot worse than Denver had to give up to jump us earlier.

"The Dolphins are trading the 50th pick and a 2022 third-rounder to the Giants for the 42nd pick. Miami's taking Notre Dame OL Liam Eichenberg here." Albert Breer
I conclude that the Dolphins must absolutely love Eichenberg to give up next year's 3rd round pick to move up and get him now.

Very good pass protector to cover Tua's blindside.

A 3rd next year to move up 8 spots is a little pricey for me(although the Draft Chart has it as a fair trade) but he is a good player at a need position.

How can Grier be so good at trading for draft picks and so bad at trading them?

I’m cool with trading up for your guy, but that feels like a lot worse than Denver had to give up to jump us earlier.
Because other teams are making offers to trade up as well. Miami obviously loved him so much they had to make the best offer. It’s also next years 3rd rounder and we have extra picks again. We can always move down to recollect that pick somewhere. We always bitch an complain if you love a guy then go get him. That’s what we did and people are still bitching. There’s just no way to make this fan base happy.

He sux pretty bad

koramoah would of made a lot more sense

Back
Top Bottom