Intro to Liam Eichenberg OT: RD2b | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Liam Eichenberg OT: RD2b

That’s the thing I don’t think he’s the lesser OT. Eichenberg will be a solid solid reliable player. The dude never gives up a sack. He’s the right fit for this team in the need we had. Well recoup that 3rd rounder at some point I’d be willing to bet.
He's not lesser. He'll be perfect for us because he's already been blocking for a QB that holds the ball way too long! 😉

What I don’t get is his scouting report says he’s a better run blocker than pass blocker yet he didn’t allow many sacks.
Well he's a technician. If you notice even in his highlights he simply didn't face too many guys his own size, so it's hard to see. His footwork is extremely good, but he doesn't have elite lateral quickness, so the scouts will never rate him as an elite pass protector, despite his Flawless Victory production over the last two years. But he does a good job of getting a hat on a hat as a downfield blocker, and big guys increasingly have trouble with this in the era of DB's pretending to be LB's who can run around and jitterbug away from the big mitts of an OL downfield.

So, I'm impressed with him, but understand why the scouts are not going to place him in that elite spot. It's round 2 ... you don't get a great OT in round 2 when he's flawless and has elite measurables. I love that we went production and ability to stalemate edge rushers. He isn't a pile driver, but he'll help the run and seal the edge.

Been watching notre dame sports my entire life (live in indiana). This guy is an absolute plus for our miami dolphins.
You're absolutely right. A lot of nitpicking. This kid is nails. He will be there for a long time for us. We clearly loved him, enough to move up to get him. We have lots of picks do if you have the guy you want in your sights, go get him. I typically want to trade down but I like the move.

Weird. NFL.com lists the exact draft pick by # for every trade, including some after ours, but does not specify which exact pick we traded in the 2022 3rd?

I think he can be somewhere around Jawuan James level. Similar ceiling floor ratio I think. Which for a 2nd rd pick isn't bad. It is bad for a mid 1st rd pick I guess.

Question, he lined up LT in all his highlights. Move him to right, RT? An experiment at 2B?

Eichenberg is a good technician - tested better than what i expected from tape, very strong. He's really powerful in the run game. I saw a RT/G.....it will all depend on how he manages the speed/power of NFL ends.

His arms are short, so we could see that show up more on the pro level. His biggest issue is leaning/reaching too much. I don't know if it's over-aggression or the arm thing but he reaches and it gets him in trouble with balance.

Question, he lined up LT in all his highlights. Move him to right, RT? An experiment at 2B?

I think he is more suited for a guard/tackle hybrid in the nfl , similar to jesse davis(however his upside is much greater).

I know he was a Lt in college but is most likely going to be best at rt in the nfl. I'm sure a competition between him and Hunt is coming this year.

Because other teams are making offers to trade up as well. Miami obviously loved him so much they had to make the best offer. It’s also next years 3rd rounder and we have extra picks again. We can always move down to recollect that pick somewhere. We always bitch an complain if you love a guy then go get him. That’s what we did and people are still bitching. There’s just no way to make this fan base happy.
It’s a little more nuanced then that. It just wasn’t great value. You gotta build up a reputation before you get the benefit of the doubt. Hope it works out.

No he’ll be a RT for us. It’s his natural position. A tad slow footed but an unbelievably powerful man. A ton of experience for him as a 3 year starter I believe. This pick makes a ton of sense. He’s a pure RT and now we can kick Hunt inside and our OL is solidified besides Center. Miami traded up to get him. That tells you how much they like him. We are getting extremely talented players who have played a ton of football while also filling our biggest needs. We are crushing this draft.
Also likely saw him as the last plug and play tackle available. Like the move.

Back
Top Bottom