Intro to Liam Eichenberg OT: RD2b | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Liam Eichenberg OT: RD2b

Love the player. Happy with him here. But, not thrilled with the trade up. I actually like him more than Holland ... and we had a real need at both positions.

Allowed zero sacks last year, and looks like a good choice to man that RT spot protecting Tua's blindside. Not a bulldozer like Hunt, so hunt at guard helps us maul up the middle and provides some nastiness. Eichenberg provides the technical acumen and stability allowing Tua to focus on the receivers downfield. Really like the addition to the team, and should be an instant starter.
What I don’t get is his scouting report says he’s a better run blocker than pass blocker yet he didn’t allow many sacks.

Eichenberg is a dog. I had Jenkins higher. But they chose Holland who I absolutely love. I don’t love the trade though. I maybe wrong on Eichenberg, and I am a lot, but I had him as a late second guy, so I wait until 50 if that’s my guy. But regardless he is a really good player. I felt watching him the opposite of some of the scouting reports though. I like his feet a lot in pass pro and mirroring. I worry about his run blocking at the next level.

You are right. Not happy at all. Fell like we Fd this 2nd rd up. Would of taken OT Jenkins at 36 instead of S Holland. Instead we give up a 3rd for a lesser tackle.
That’s the thing I don’t think he’s the lesser OT. Eichenberg will be a solid solid reliable player. The dude never gives up a sack. He’s the right fit for this team in the need we had. Well recoup that 3rd rounder at some point I’d be willing to bet.

If he can make the transition to RT and be Tua’s blind side guy I’d be pretty happy.

Thinking about it, Eichenberg's sort of the opposite of Phillips as a pick. Phillips is an ultra high ceiling, but low floor pick (because of the medical risks) . Eichenberg's experience, consistency, durability, Harry Hiestand (? sp) coaching, and NFL readiness give him a high floor. But his short arms, relatively light weight, and less nimble feet make his ceiling lower.

STILL... only 3 RBs off of the board... if we want to go RB, we'll be able to get a good one.

Back
Top Bottom