Intro to Robert Hunt OG: RD 2

Hoot

Keeper of the Old Code
Club Member
Reaction score
Pick Analysis
ROBERT HUNT

Round 2 • Pick 7 (39)
Hunt is a versatile blocker capable of playing multiple spots along the offensive line. He is projected to play guard but he could get an opportunity to play outside. As a mauler/brawler with a nasty temperament, he could add some toughness and physicality to the frontline.

Highlights---Tough to Find

Robert Hunt Interview===Professional, Well Spoken, Team Player

Thoughts on Facing Alabama

Last edited:
I'm OK with taking OL in round 2, but that's not where value is unless you're sure he's a tackle or a true stud interior OL. IMHO, this guy is neither. This is the first pick I affirmatively dislike. Had we done what I suggested and traded back from 26 into the 2nd round, we could have used this pick to get CB Kristian Fulton ... but after taking a CB in round 1, we cut ourselves out of the still very fertile CB group.

Dislike Hunt as an OL. Not sure if he can even pass protect well enough, and that's got to be a requirement in round 2.

Corn! give me fields of beautiful, Tua-protecting corn

giphy.gif

I like the pick.

Who's he competing w/ in camp?

I think it’s a bit of a reach. Hennessey and Jonah Jackson were better pass protectors on tape (against higher level competition) imo

No doubt he brings it in the ground game

Good chance would have been there at 56

See, I used to say this all the time, but I hate that argument.

You have no way of knowing that, or where he was on our board.

I'm happy we got a lineman. Do I kinda feel like we should've taken Taylor/Dobbins? Yea, but let's see how we play this.

Back
Top Bottom