Is Adam Gase The Long Term Answer For Us At Head Coach? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Adam Gase The Long Term Answer For Us At Head Coach?

Is Adam Gase our long term answer as Head Coach?

• Total voters
After last season, I was really down on him; then early in the off-season, I didn't get the teams moves AT ALL at first. Then when I saw what was going on, saw the choices they made, the moves, I was all in. I loved the draft, the Quinn trade, the Spence addition. There are still a few moves that were not made that could trash this season, but I really think this past off-season was almost a re-set to a Year One type of mentality, that this is what a young coach wanted all along, but didn't get till now. Even if they end up 8-8 this year, I think he should get at least another three years of doing things his way. I think last off-season really showed a lot of what the team under Gase can build. It's tough to get every spot filled when you are 6-10, but I think they did a good job. Back up QB is an issue, and the OL needs addressed, as does DE, CB. But give this regime another couple of go's and see...
The big thing for me is the lack of disciplined play from last year. Clean that up, strike earlier in games, fewer penalties, and then stick with him.

Of course he is..
He is at minimum the best coach we have had since Jimmy Johnson stopped caring. Its a low bar but encompasses 20 years of failures.

Leave this man alone and let him go make this team great.
Cut him loose and watch him become great somewhere else.

This franchise needs continuity. I am not ready to anoint Gase as the savior, but I think he has the correct mindset, determination and vision. He is still learning and will probably make some mistakes here and there but so does Bilicheck.

I like him. He seems to be a players coach but can still make the tough calls while still being respected.

He is still young as a head coach and learning to get better just like the players. I'm tired of hiring a new coach every few years. There is something to be said for continuality. Players and front office learning the system through and through. Besides, what other great genius head coach would we replace him with. Great head coaches are kind of like elite QB's. The odds of finding one is slim. I would rather take my chances with Gase and see if he can grow into a great one.

Depends how long term you're talking. 2-3 years? Absolutely. Longer than that? Not sure yet.

Back
Top Bottom