Is Adam Gase The Long Term Answer For Us At Head Coach? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Adam Gase The Long Term Answer For Us At Head Coach?

Is Adam Gase our long term answer as Head Coach?

• Total voters
Pat White. Florio is from WV and a huge Mountaineer fan. He actually posted about Pat White before the draft, after Miami drafted him, and multiple times when Pat White was still on the team. He even fessed up to owning a Dolphins Pat White jersey. He absolutely hated the Dolphins for Pat White being a bust + how the team handled him.

I know this because I used to pay attention to PFT until they went over to NBC and got a little more, ahem, editorial on certain subjects. And less editorial on other subjects.

Florio is a funny guy. He's so obsessed with Colin Kaepernick, probably at an unhealthy level. I would love to see SF sign our friend Jay Cutler or somebody similar just to see Florio's reaction. Otherwise, other than following them on twitter, I have nothing to do with PFT.

I've always disliked Florio for his subjective Fins animosity. However, since PFT is the best source for breaking news and has added other more objective writers as its grown, frankly I read it daily; otherwise as the saying goes, I'd be "biting my nose to spite my face!"

I'm not really impressed that Florio is now semi-bandwagoning. It will take a lot more than that to overcome his years of bashing when not particularly deserved.

I've always disliked Florio for his subjective Fins animosity. However, since PFT is the best source for breaking news and has added other more objective writers as its grown, frankly I read it daily; otherwise as the saying goes, I'd be "biting my nose to spite my face!"

I'm not really impressed that Florio is now semi-bandwagoning. It will take a lot more than that to overcome his years of bashing when not particularly deserved.

PFT used to be a really good website for breaking NFL news and rumors. Then they 'got respectable' and stopped posting a lot of the juicier rumors, and shifted from a pretty balanced "The NFL and the players all suck sometimes" to a "Boy does the NFL suck and the players are great guys, let me tell you" company line.

It's a shame because there's really no one stop shop to go to for NFL rumors anymore. IIRC they didn't post the Luck snowboarding rumor (which had been floating for a while) until after Luck came out and addressed it publicly. That's the kind of thing they would have ran with from the jump back in the day. Sad!

Twitter is better. All PFT does is regurgitate what Rappaport or Shefter break on Twitter.

Miami's offense is terrible at converting 3rd downs. So, if Gase calls a 2 yard pass on 3rd and long that means the problem is Gase's playcalling. But, if Tannehill checks down to that 2 yard pass because it's the best (or only) option, then Gase's entire offense stinks! IMO, he's good at coming up with trick plays but has no idea how to run an effective "normal" offense. BTW: would someone please tell Gase that you're supposed to move the ball and try to score at the beginning of the game... you don't have to wait until half-time!
I'll let him know, the next time I see him.

Miami's offense is terrible at converting 3rd downs. So, if Gase calls a 2 yard pass on 3rd and long that means the problem is Gase's playcalling. But, if Tannehill checks down to that 2 yard pass because it's the best (or only) option, then Gase's entire offense stinks! IMO, he's good at coming up with trick plays but has no idea how to run an effective "normal" offense. BTW: would someone please tell Gase that you're supposed to move the ball and try to score at the beginning of the game... you don't have to wait until half-time!

You are aware that there’s another team on the field.

he need won or make playoff??? it starting look like he is going be around for while.. it too early but we will see...coaches come and go in football

from what I am seeing afc east is going be wide open in 2019,, so his chance will be better.

You are aware that there’s another team on the field.

Yes I am. I'm also aware that Gase (like Philbin before him) has no desire to build an offense with a tough, physically dominating running game. An offense with a strong running game has no problem converting 3rd and short on the ground even when the opponent knows you're going to run. Miami hasn't had this since the Sparano years, which is why they struggle with converting 3rd and short. They also have a problem converting 3rd and long because Gase prefers short passes, and the receivers rarely gain enough yards after the catch to get the 1st down. On 3rd and very long, Gase usually calls a run which might gain 2 or 3 yards before they punt.

Occasionally Gase seems to do okay, but IMO his overall playcalling is illogical. If it's 3rd and 9, you throw the ball past the 1st down marker... you don't call a 3 yard pass!

If Gase goes, so does the front office. No way it's not a package deal. But I'm fed up with cycling through coach after coach.

Back
Top Bottom