Is Adam Gase The Long Term Answer For Us At Head Coach? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Adam Gase The Long Term Answer For Us At Head Coach?

Is Adam Gase our long term answer as Head Coach?

• Total voters
Gase has his moments where I am like, what in the f are you doing? Where I am like, he has no clue. But, when he comes back and learns from those mistakes it reminds me how young and green he is and has been. It reminds me and shows me the potential in him. As bad as he pisses me off sometimes, I truly believe his future is super super bright and I am willing to take the lumps to get there, from a fans perspective obviously.

I maybe going out on a bit of a limb here, but this is the sort of thing I usually say about managers in baseabll (ie. think about Brian Snitker and those who don't like him). When these guys make the right calls, they're heralded as great. When the call doesn't work out as planned, they're harshly criticized. I try not to ever get too high or too low on anyone or anything in sports. Sometimes he takes a risk on a questionable call because that will also keep the opponent guessing.

I don't know yet, I need to know how his team performs this year against top competition, I need to know how long it's going to take him to get his 1st playoff win, or win the division. We could get into the playoffs the next 3 years but if he is one and done each year thats no bueno. So with that said...

tenor.gif

We miss the Playoffs and in my opinion he will be on the hot seat. No excuses. Just how the league works.

It is definitely a possibility, but it would be huge mistake. The team is heading towards an identity for the first time in a while. Speedy skill players within a Martz influenced offense. Players like McCain and X are getting better. The acquisition of Wilson, Amendola, and Quinn fit within the plan, and coaches are scheming to give each player the opportunity to use those skills. Coach Gase is positively influencing every aspect of building a team with a vision. I like how the team is playing. I am sure we will revisit this near the end of the season, but I doubt I will change my opinion.

I think he's going to make some mistakes, but you can tell he's a smart guy. He's going to learn from those things. I would hope he wouldn't do the Cutler thing over again if he could do it over. I like his offense. He makes the defense defend the entire field. And these are very high percentage pass plays, that are really more like runs and as soon as the safeties try to cheat to stop it, we hit them deep. I think Gase is a coach we can ride with for the next decade, he'll have his ups and downs, but I feel like we're on the right track.

In the regular season Gase is 10-5 when Tannehill starts and 8-8 with his back-ups....

In the regular season Gase is 10-5 when Tannehill starts and 8-8 with his back-ups....

My bad, he is only 8-11 with back-ups.....I picked the wrong time to stop sniffing glue.

Don't have that stat on hand but I would like to have it separated by qb whisperers and non qb whisperers winning percentages with backup quarterbacks.

I'm willing to bet that the winning percentage for backup QBs after NFL free agency is downright atrocious. I'd bet it's around 40%.

I'm willing to bet that the winning percentage for backup QBs after NFL free agency is downright atrocious. I'd bet it's around 40%.

Probably depends on the coach/backup QB situation. If you have a first round pick like a Dan Marino as your backup and a coach like Don Shula your win percentage is going to be good. If your plan is to pull a Jay Cutler out of retirement that will probably put a damper on your winning %.

Gase is the first coach since Sparano that could command a room. He is a leader.

Being a head coach is like no other position. The only thing that can prepare you for that job is working in that role. Even Belicheck got fired from his first head coaching job at the Browns.

At worst Gase is an above average coach, its probably worth it to stay patient to see if he can develop into a good or exceptional coach.

My worry is that the Dolphins will not be a real contender unless they build a really deep roster with Tannenhill or replace Tannenhill with a QB who can be elite.

I can't stand his offensive sets.

I like the I formation, with the QB taking the snap from center and using a fullback when needed.

Gase has done nothing to be doubted to this point. the team is playing above their talent level and they have for two plus years. Tannehill is a QB that is slightly better than the Game Manager title. Gase makes him better and has since day 1. I expect a team that can challenge the Conference next year. this year we will be a strong Wild Card team.

Gase has made the personnel decisions that most wouldn't have made. he has improved the "Team" by removing talented players that hurt the "Team". sometimes the hardest things to do as a leader is cut the people that make you look good but actually hurt you.

The best thing for this team is to stick to a coach and let him work. i dont need to win to see the potential in a coach. this guy if given time will create a team that will win consistently.

I expect great things out of him, we need to let him coach.

Back
Top Bottom