Is Adam Gase The Long Term Answer For Us At Head Coach? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Adam Gase The Long Term Answer For Us At Head Coach?

Is Adam Gase our long term answer as Head Coach?

• Total voters
this is exactly how I've felt about him. still not completely bought in on all the off-season moves but waiting to see how these next 3 games go. We left the door wide open last week and Carr, Brady, or Dalton won't make the same mistakes Darnold did.

Yeah I remember you mocking ppl who were thinking playoffs.

Gase and Tannehill are attached at the hip. Both have until at least....2020.

I liked the Gase hire, he’s a no nonsense type of coach that the players love. Was just glad to be rid of Philbin, never liked that hire. I also liked Dan Campbell, just too wet behind the ears to be a HC at the time.
But I also liked Saban, still do; not a popular guy around these parts, wish that whole situation ended differently and he was still the coach.

Not sure yet is the correct answer. Anyone who says straight up yes or no is wrong. The AFC is currently a dumpster fire and extremely weak. If we make the Playoffs then it turns into a yes. If we don’t then I start to lean no. Unless Tannehill goes down then it will be time for Gase to draft a QB and go from there.

Anyone who says straight up yes or no is wrong. Baloney!

I don't buy I'm not sure yet" as a good reason not to say yes or no. I knew Gase was the man before he interviewed in Miami. He was going to be the man wherever he went.

In the last two years Gase:

1) Went to the playoffs with a team he had for one draft and Free Agency. He produced a competitive team that made the playoffs!
***** That should be enough for anyone to make up their mind yes or no!

2) Year 2 presented the Dolphins with a series of disasters probably unprecedented in NFL history. Gase kept the team competitive enough to be in contention for the playoffs until near the end of the season, while dealing with two problematic team players and a retired QB with 2 broken ribs. The overall performance of the team with most these disasters occurring at the beginning of the season, would have had many coaches taking aim at good draft positions for the next year.
By the way, you probably didn't notice we beat the Patriots, and I mean flat out beat them. We out coached them offensively and defensively, we played with more energy then they did and we did all that with an injured QB and a lot of new draftees who had been inserted late in the season.
***** This should be enough for anyone to make up their mind yes or no!

We are now two games into Gases' third season with a 2-0 record.
***** This and the previous 2 seasons should be enough for anyone to make up their mind yes or no!

I am satisfied that your "undecided" because we didn't hire a Head Coach that you gave your approval for!

The presumptuousness of your statement: "Anyone who says straight up yes or no is wrong."
it should be enshrined in a monument to stupidity! :nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke:

Anyone who says straight up yes or no is wrong. Baloney!

I don't buy I'm not sure yet" as a good reason not to say yes or no. I knew Gase was the man before he interviewed in Miami. He was going to be the man wherever he went.

In the last two years Gase:

1) Went to the playoffs with a team he had for one draft and Free Agency. He produced a competitive team that made the playoffs!
***** That should be enough for anyone to make up their mind yes or no!

2) Year 2 presented the Dolphins with a series of disasters probably unprecedented in NFL history. Gase kept the team competitive enough to be in contention for the playoffs until near the end of the season, while dealing with two problematic team players and a retired QB with 2 broken ribs. The overall performance of the team with most these disasters occurring at the beginning of the season, would have had many coaches taking aim at good draft positions for the next year.
By the way, you probably didn't notice we beat the Patriots, and I mean flat out beat them. We out coached them offensively and defensively, we played with more energy then they did and we did all that with an injured QB and a lot of new draftees who had been inserted late in the season.
***** This should be enough for anyone to make up their mind yes or no!

We are now two games into Gases' third season with a 2-0 record.
***** This and the previous 2 seasons should be enough for anyone to make up their mind yes or no!

I am satisfied that your "undecided" because we didn't hire a Head Coach that you gave your approval for!

The presumptuousness of your statement: "Anyone who says straight up yes or no is wrong."
it should be enshrined in a monument to stupidity! :nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke:
We miss the Playoffs and in my opinion he will be on the hot seat. No excuses. Just how the league works.

this is exactly how I've felt about him. still not completely bought in on all the off-season moves but waiting to see how these next 3 games go. We left the door wide open last week and Carr, Brady, or Dalton won't make the same mistakes Darnold did.

Victory formation on their 11 yd line prepared to score 3-7 more isnt exactly leaving the door wide open if you ask me.....give them a bit more credit than that

I'll wait until this seasons results. We've got some big games against real defenses coming up. Still don't like how he abandons the run as a play caller.

Bellicheat sucked in Cleveland before his stint winning the AFC East 15 years running! Just let Gase figure it out![/QUOT
Yes, no question. He's the antithesis of queasy Joe, who is the antithesis of a good football coach. Joe is a good guy though, but not cut out for this line of work as a H.C, not even close. Man Campbell was better lol.
Joe was good coach. his downfall was at the qb position after Pennington left . the team played tough football. during his time as hc. mat ryan could of help him

Im probably like a lot of fans in that I'd really prefer to be watching a team with more offensive excitement and a playing style that really tests the performance limits of the players on the roster.

However, we're winning. Gase is playing to the strengths of his QB on the offensive side. He's only just over a year into his system with Tannehill as the driver and he has overhauled the "skill positions" with Wilson, Amendola, Gesicki, Derby, Gore. That gives me some hope that the playbook will get more interesting, exotic and aggressive as the team gels and grows in his system.

If not, or if we stop winning all these close games, I'll still consider him a good coach but just not one I'm crazy about having on my team.

I don't think the AFC is that bad. It looked bad going in, but it honestly doesn't look that bad to me right now.

Denver looks OK after two weeks. San Diego looks competitive. Jacksonville looks monstrous. The Patriots are the Patriots. I don't think the Jets are that bad. Cincinnati looks like a team that can finally win a playoff game. Pittsburgh is gonna win 9-10 games as usual.
I don't see Pittsburgh winning 9 games. The North looks about even top to bottom and those are the "easy" games on their schedule. They'll be lucky to win 8 imo.

Joe was good coach. his downfall was at the qb position after Pennington left . the team played tough football. during his time as hc. mat ryan could of help him

I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt over the years, but now I'm not sure anymore. You really think Joe Philbin was a good coach? I initially thought his mistakes were just harmless rookie coach stuff, but in hindsight I now believe he really set this team back with his mishandling of Ryan Tannehill and the locker room problems -- some of that I see as having even carried over into Gase's locker room but looks to have finally been ran out of town.

I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt over the years, but now I'm not sure anymore. You really think Joe Philbin was a good coach? I initially thought his mistakes were just harmless rookie coach stuff, but in hindsight I now believe he really set this team back with his mishandling of Ryan Tannehill and the locker room problems -- some of that I see as having even carried over into Gase's locker room but looks to have finally been ran out of town.
my bad I was talking about tony sparano
so was Joe the worst coach dolphins have had or his downfall was not making playoff in 2013 and 2014

To put it simple on why I am on board 100% with Gase.

1. Gase demands things done the right way. He wants players to buy in. He wants players to play hard. He demands a locker room culture that plays long term, period. Not a short term ra ra culture like a some coaches we've had. Culture is king for long term winning.

2. He's a hell of adjuster and game planner IMO. This does not mean he is infallible in his game calling or his planning. After all, he is a super young coach that hasn't had a ton of experience. But you see Gase switch game plans game to game, seeing him run a different offense against the Titans than he did against the Jets. He does this based on his personnel and his opponent. We saw him take a Jay Cutler(yes I know the experiment failed, but not because of Gase) who was know as a gun slinger QB and turn him into a dump off artist for a variety of reasons.

Gase has his moments where I am like, what in the f are you doing? Where I am like, he has no clue. But, when he comes back and learns from those mistakes it reminds me how young and green he is and has been. It reminds me and shows me the potential in him. As bad as he pisses me off sometimes, I truly believe his future is super super bright and I am willing to take the lumps to get there, from a fans perspective obviously.

Some coaches plant seeds over the course of a game, and even over the course of a season. Will Gase turn out to be one of them? They are the great ones.

Back
Top Bottom