Is Adam Gase The Long Term Answer For Us At Head Coach? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Adam Gase The Long Term Answer For Us At Head Coach?

Is Adam Gase our long term answer as Head Coach?

• Total voters
Not Sure Yet

He did everything possibly right in his first year and possibly everything wrong in his second year. Some may argue that we had Cutler last year which I agree was a downer but he was the one picking him and wanting him to the tune of 10 Mill.
Identified coke sniffing coaches late and let the Landry and Ajayi antics go on too long.

This question should be asked after this year.

I like Gase a lot as a HC, but he is not a finished producy by any means and still has a lot ot learn. With that said, I'd give him another 3 years, unless its just a total blunder next year.

Last edited:
I like Gase's mentality and that the players seem to enjoy having him as coach and they respect him, but his play calling is abysmal.

Not sure yet is the correct answer. Anyone who says straight up yes or no is wrong. The AFC is currently a dumpster fire and extremely weak. If we make the Playoffs then it turns into a yes. If we don’t then I start to lean no. Unless Tannehill goes down then it will be time for Gase to draft a QB and go from there.

Dolphins are right in the middle of the pack this season on air yards to the sticks. We don't throw it short any more than 'league average.'

That said, I'd like to be at the top of the league in that category.
Is that stat for third down, or all downs passed on?

The personal has been handled great by Gase, it took a couple of years to drain the swamp but I like where we are heading

This "drain the swamp" really captures what has been going on since Gase arrived. Always let the players and coaches know where they stand and what they need to do to get better (this is not by threatening - careers in the NFL are almost always short), make the replacements you can, get the most you can out of who is left - repeat each year!

During his first year the coaching and player replacements Gase made helped the team and the draft started a trend towards improvement. A lot needed to be changed and it couldn't all be done in one season, still the team was competitive and did well.

During his second year change was in the air, but not what most of us expected. The sky fell on us and a flood of unpredictable problems hit the team (Hurricane, doped up coach, a new to the team Veteran Player went AWOL!!!, the schedule got skewed for the worse and some key players showed their problematic sides and 3 key players out for the year before the first season game). We struggled for mediocrity under truly adverse conditions and then a real team began to emerge at the end of the season. The offensive line started playing much better, draftees filled positions and began to show their mettle, we BEAT the patriots with a past his prime QB with some cracked or broken ribs and a team made up of last minute replacements, wounded warriors and draftees. The result was a losing season, but with an exposure that let us identify hidden weaknesses which allowed us to target personnel who had serious negatives that were camouflaged by some superficial capabilities. Gase got some lemons and preceded to turn them into lemonade.

So far this season we made 9 changes in the coaching staff, had an outstanding draft, had an unbelievable Free Agency and made several exceptional trades. We have seen significant improvement in previously drafted players and are playing well both defensively and offensively with more improvement each game. Oh, by the way, we have won our first two games and look like a tough team that is playing hard nosed football and is constantly getting better. Our opponents are in for a lot of heartbreak. Too bad.

These are the general kind of actions I had anticipated when I followed Gase here as a fan. I have not been disappointed. I see a dynasty being developed while so many others only see stuff to complain about. I see all these improvements as winning due to the actions that Adam Gase is taking, while the complainers only see the disturbance that is actually just the growing pains of a new football dynasty being made.

I am winning, the whiners are missing the point. That is their loss!

Yes, no question. He's the antithesis of queasy Joe, who is the antithesis of a good football coach. Joe is a good guy though, but not cut out for this line of work as a H.C, not even close. Man Campbell was better lol.

Back
Top Bottom