Is anyone else having trouble keeping their mouth shut? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is anyone else having trouble keeping their mouth shut?

It's good to be optimistic when a new season arrives, otherwise what's the point? Just please don't bet any money you can't afford. Why shouldn't you bet any money?

Problem areas from last year and did we fix them:

Passrushing DE - likely
TE - uncertain
G - unlikely
DT - uncertain
LB - likely but may still be weak spot
Nickel CB - unlikely
FS - likely downgrade

We're also counting on Tunsil taking over without a hitch for Albert, Wake maintaining his level, Puncey getting healthy, and then:

tougher schedule + regression to the mean in close wins/pythagorian wins/DVOA (take your pick) + injuries

On the other hand, there surely will be some pleasant surprises, too! Parker, Phillips, McCain and others might fulfill their potential and offset some of the bad stuff.

Conclusion, don't jump off the bridge, but don't bet money you can't afford and let's hope we have a great year!

I wonder if that idiot will travel to the game...

It's possible. But if she does, maybe she'll over do it like that one year she got arrested, and forced to leave

The tempo of the offense should have EVERYONE excited. Gases o worked without tempo it's gonna torch people with it

Doesn't hurt that the reports on dvp, x, Phillips, and Charles Harris are all very encouraging.

These are some of the most talented guys on the team. All drafted too which is what teams should be built by.

I want to jump up and down.

I haven't been this excited for a season in nearly two decades. Maybe...MAYBE when the Fins traded for Ricky. Here are the things I keep coming back to:

• We have a head coach who isn't an idiot or a meatball.
  • We have the best QB situation since '99.
  • We have the best *physical* RB since Ricky
  • We have the best WR crew in a decade
  • This might be the best OL situation Tannehill has ever had.
Couple that with Reshad coming back, Xavien Howard in his second year, improvement at LB...and it's hard to not get excited. You can feel it every time that a player speaks. The brotherhood, as Andre branch called it. No more circus sideshows with Brandon Gibson acting as Mike Wallace's sock puppet. No more stupid Philbinesque crap. No more idiocy.

No...more.

Do I think the Fins challenge for a title this year? No.

But with a little luck, and better health, the Fins are going to put a hurting on some teams this year.

I cannot wait for Tampa Bay in the home opener. I can't wait for Tannehill to smoke Brent Grimes and then watch the denizens of Finheaven's faithful toast Miko on Twitter. I can't wait for midseason, as this team continues to grow, and finally, the talking heads have to shut up.

I can't wait for the Fins to do their talking on the field. And I'm trying like crazy to not talk until then.

- Had a great chat with a guy here in Rochester, NY tonight who walked in with a tank top and had an old school Dolphins logo tattoo on his arm (looks like he got it in the 1960s/1970s. We are Bills country here and host their Training Camp - it was awesome to be talking Dolphins football with a whole line of people listening in the restaurant!

First two games scare me. Tampas offense will be at full strength and I do think they`ll march up and down on us. I`m going to the Chargers game and they play us tough. Not banking on Rivers to throw 4 picks this time. Our offense better live up to the hype!

I even forgot about Tampa's TEs, Brate and OJ Howard! That offense could be scary good.

I'll start being really excited about this team if they repeat on their successes from last year. I know not to get my hopes up.

I do think we are in good hands, though.

Honestly, I'm pretty steady here. I think we're going to have a fun season, but I have no real expectations.

For five years in a row now we've heard about up-tempo offense and it was either lies (Philbin) or the team just couldn't handle it (last season). That's what I want to see. I want them to actually gas people in the South Florida heat.

I think with this tempo assuming we can stick with it we will go 11-5

Schedules tough but that speed of play will be the offset

Not sure the predictions out there know the Dolphins as well as we do but only ESPN has us at 9-7. Most others a losing record or not making the playoffs. So we are playing a second place schedule instead of a last place schedule? We were 6-10 in 2015 and owned by Buffalo and the NYJ. That said, I don't put much confidence in "tough schedule" talk and comparing one year to the next. This year I think we will stop the run, our OL and NE will struggle, Ajayi may not play 16 games and Tannehill will have a good season. Vegas has us 7.5 similar to last year. I think that is about a game and a half short.

Our defense better be able to consistently get of the field on 3rd down or the tempo game will not work for very long. If they do, we could score a lot of points.

Tampa is a must win. Miko needs to be put in her place so badly it's unreal. I do not think I could mentally rebound if that loudmouth ignorant woman could justify her remarks :wall
I'm worried about Brent. The only people that will be worried about Miko will be Armando and Beasley.

I like to stay cautiously optimistic but it's tough this year. I look at out offense and see nothing but good. If the o-line holds up I think we should be near the top of the league in scoring. We should also sweep the Jets and Bills again and a split with NE puts us 5-1 in the division which is the first step towards the Playoffs and/or winning the division.

I am having trouble keeping my positive outlook to myself. The reasons for my positive outlook are:

1) Adam Gase - After I found out about him and saw what he had to work with in Chicago and what he did with those guys I was astounded. He had 2nd & 3rd string guys playing like 1st & 2nd string guys. His offense was more effective than anyone thought possible and he clearly had the respect of most of the players. The team was COMPETITIVE in most of the last 12 games they played.

2) I see the 2017 Dolphins as a team! It will take a few games to "tighten up", that is to develop an interaction skill set among adjacent players. I feel every team has to do this every year, but this year more Dolphins now have experience in this system and experience with the players they work with. The result is no other team is any better setup for the first few games than the Dolphins, and many are not as well set up.

3) I see the offense as being improved. There appears to have been significant improvement in the offensive line and a kind of continuous improvement in both the running, blocking and passing portions of the backfield. There is even a 4th QB to make things interesting during training camp.

4) I have always been a fan of Ryan T. I like quiet, capable quarterbacks who are tough enough to take punishment, disciplined enough to accept coaching (Any Coaching) and smart enough to know what they can do, based on opportunity and capability. Those two things, opportunity and capability, go hand in hand or you end up on the pile of QB's who didn't get it done.

5) I am totally impressed with Adam Gases' skill in selecting and using his coaching staff. This was the one unknown for me when he became a Head Coach. What the Dolphins defensive unit did to limit the points scored against them with the players they had and the injuries they suffered was monumental. It was the coaching that let a porous defense tighten up in the red zone. While this is somewhat true for most teams, the Dolphins went far beyond the norm. A defense rated at or near the bottom of the NFL played at the middle of the pack in the red zone. From a coaching stand point, the coaches Gase selected and interacted with got the job done.

6) I never really thought that much about special teams, but the Dolphins are making me a believer. I guess coach Gase knew what he was doing when he elected to keep the Special teams coach.

I am looking forward to a successful season and believe we will go 11W - 5L or better and make the playoffs. I also believe we are in a position where we can win our division. The Patriots are a good, solid and well coached team. They are not invincible! We are starting an era of coaching competition between Belicheck and Gase. I see a golden age of game-day planning, on field coaching, and team development that will leave the rest of the NFL in the dust.

I don't want to be a party pooper but...... We might be a better team but other teams also got better and the schedule is tougher this season than last season. I think the pass rush will be better but the secondary is still a work in progress. We do not know how well Nate Allen will play at Safety and if Bobby McCain will not get abused in the slot like last year even if the reports out of camp are positive. Then we have the LB's....

Good news so far, we are undefeated at 0 - 0.

Back
Top Bottom