Is Brock Osweiler..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Brock Osweiler.....

Not that I’m putting much faith in this, but if I recall correctly he had his best season under Gase. I still don’t trust him to be anything more than a checkdown king if he gets forced into action, and his immaturity really showed in Houston and Cleveland. That’s what really bothers me about him. Not only is he a below average player, he seems to think he deserves playing time without competition and whines like a baby when it doesn’t work out like that.

I personally like Brock, but I agree he's immature and I would add arrogant and has way less passing ability than he thinks. I thought he was good in 2015, but as was said that was prpbably because of how awesome that team was, one of the best defenses all time. And Manning must have been like a great QB coach for him that year. He did not play well in the San Diego game, however. The few games I've seen in 2016 and 2017 he was absolutely terrible, I'm surprised he doesn't have more interceptions. Maybe lack of coaching, maybe as said here O'Brien didn't like him so he was too busy to help him out, and maybe Denver now lacks good coaches. I don't know. I hope that with the right leadership, Osweiler can be ok like in 2015 if he has to play. I hope he doesn't have to play all season.

Have you ever watched "him" in a game? TERRIBLE. Just God aweful. Can't complete anything to the outside, nothing over 7 yards, reads, reads....feeds tight end for a 3 yard gain or just throws a ****ty pass somewhere. Deandre Hopkins was quaterback proof, not with Brock. Tells you all you need to know.
I had Hopkins in FF that year and was borderline suicidal. If he plays any extended period in a Fins uniform it will be enough to tip me over.

Well.....

I’d have been OK with Moore. He helped out a ton when we needed help a few years back. I don’t count last year. He was put in at the worst time against a team that usually eats our lunch. Yes, I know that’s his job, but the team was pretty well shot at that point. 7 sacks as I recall?

I do work with several Broncos guys. All hands have informed me that Osweiler is a capable backup.

I don’t think we’ll need him. Now that Tannehill has had his knee fixed CORRECTLY, I expect that we will see the same hard nosed bastard that we saw in 2016.

The guy has to be furious after watching Cutler make a mockery of an offense that was starting to perform. The last thing Ryan Tannehill needs is motivation.

Not that I’m putting much faith in this, but if I recall correctly he had his best season under Gase. I still don’t trust him to be anything more than a checkdown king if he gets forced into action, and his immaturity really showed in Houston and Cleveland. That’s what really bothers me about him. Not only is he a below average player, he seems to think he deserves playing time without competition and whines like a baby when it doesn’t work out like that.

Good thing we have talented checkdown players.

He’s way worse than Matt Moore. WAAAYYY WORSE
It’s true. Matt has a better QB rating, ypg, and TD to Int ratio than Brock, and has never played on a team as talented as the Texans and Broncos.

Matt More v Brock Osweiler isn’t really the point though. The point is the back up QB has been the most important position on the Miami Dolphins roster for the past 20 games. After watching our back up QB sabotage our first playoff appearance in 8 years, and the 2017 season, our approach was to ignore and get worse at the position. If you don’t believe that to be true, even Jay Cutler was WAY better than Osweiler last year. I don’t think any one here has claimed Cutler was any thing less than horrible last year. Well Osweiler had 5% < comp %, 8 points worse rating, worse td to Int, was sacked at a higher rate, and averaged 10 yards pg less than Cutler in 2017.

Also everyone stop saying Brock had his best year under Gase. He never threw more than 20 passes in any season Gase was in Denver. In 2015 when Osweiler did ok, 86 qb rating isn’t above average, Adam Gase was the OC in Chicago.

Does it though?

Not really, because the Browns knew he stunk when the Texans gave them a 2nd round pick to take Osweiler off their cap. But it doesn't change the fact he stunk up the joint in Cleveland and Denver last year

Back
Top Bottom